Photo

Best performance

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 meplanes1969

meplanes1969

Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:50

In the past I have been very much a person looking for performance boost with my games,overclocking,game booster downloads playing with settings all sorts off things,I have a chill blast pc with a Nvidia 1050 graphics card all in all their cheaper system,ok here’s my point now I just use my pc for games ,bos,bom,Bol,COD,wings of prey,and call of duty 1,nothing else on my pc apart from internet and Norton’s,I uninstalled all my drivers started again with fresh ones,most import I deleted Nvidia experience this really did slow down my gaming experience,so far as my opinion on drivers is get good drivers that work for you and stick to them,do you really need install new drivers every few weeks,most peoples problems are conflicting drivers,I use my tablet for everything else,and really only use my pc for gaming and don’t clog it up up with unnessary programs,well that’s my opinion I hope it helps a few people it certainly makes my games run a lot better,happy flying too all

#2 Jade_Monkey

Jade_Monkey
  • Founder

Posted 12 October 2017 - 13:13

If you really dont use it for anything else then get rid of Norton. Unless you DO use it for other things ;)

i7 7700k  | GTX 1080 Ti |   16GB Corsair Dominator DDR4  |  LG 34UM95 3440x1440 | HTC Vive | TrackIR 5  |  Saitek X-55 HOTAS  |  MFG Crosswind graphite pedals

#3 Gambit21

Gambit21
  • Tester

Posted 12 October 2017 - 15:25

Installing multiple programs on a PC does not "clog it up"
This is silliness.

#4 Gambit21

Gambit21
  • Tester

Posted 12 October 2017 - 15:32

Clean up Windows 10 - that's where all your unnecessary programs are.

#5 boaty_McBoatface

boaty_McBoatface

Posted 12 October 2017 - 17:46

[edited]

Another one...

Edited by SYN_Haashashin, 16 October 2017 - 18:09.

#6 OrLoK

OrLoK
  • Tester

Posted 12 October 2017 - 18:30

Play nice guys!

4575CUc.png
eQN8RxU.png
vjG06Kx.png

#7 meplanes1969

meplanes1969

Posted 12 October 2017 - 19:14

I think most people not care about full stop etc,this is a forum where people are allowed an opinion,if you do not like someone post it really is good manners to keep your insults to yourself.CHAMP!

#8 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester

Posted 12 October 2017 - 19:19

I think most people not care about full stop etc,this is a forum where people are allowed an opinion,if you do not like someone post it really is good manners to keep your insults to yourself.CHAMP!

At the same time, posting your message in a way that is coherent and doesn't look like a rambling mess will help you avoid generating negative replies to whatever it is you wrote. Good grammar doesn't go out the window, just because you are on a message board. :)

#9 BuzzU

BuzzU

Posted 12 October 2017 - 19:23

Could be English isn't his first language. 

You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity.

#10 meplanes1969

meplanes1969

Posted 12 October 2017 - 19:48

My English is fine thankyou,must remember to be more coherent when I post again

#11 Gambit21

Gambit21
  • Tester

Posted 12 October 2017 - 19:50

Post in the right area while you're at it.

#12 CanadaOne

CanadaOne

Posted 12 October 2017 - 19:53

:popcorm:  "Please... continue."

bos_gold_en_zpstc2bz64s.pngbom_gold_en_zpsrkhiedcv.png

#13 meplanes1969

meplanes1969

Posted 12 October 2017 - 20:01

All good harmless fun,really people chill,it’s just a forum

#14 Gambit21

Gambit21
  • Tester

Posted 12 October 2017 - 20:52

Aye, it tis - but there's a hardware/software area of said forum. ;)

#15 Jade_Monkey

Jade_Monkey
  • Founder

Posted 12 October 2017 - 21:08

It's not just a forum. It's a religion!!!

i7 7700k  | GTX 1080 Ti |   16GB Corsair Dominator DDR4  |  LG 34UM95 3440x1440 | HTC Vive | TrackIR 5  |  Saitek X-55 HOTAS  |  MFG Crosswind graphite pedals

#16 II./JG1_Vonrd

II./JG1_Vonrd
  • Founder

Posted 12 October 2017 - 21:28

As per OP...

Multiple programs aren't a problem unless your HD is maxed out.

I've not noticed any performance hits with GeForce experience.

As always... latest drivers are the best practice (I usually wait about a week before loading though to allow for any problems to emerge). 

#17 blitze

blitze

Posted 12 October 2017 - 21:50

Get rid of Norton, everything Norton, it is bloatware and Windows has enough of its own programs to handle Viruses and other un wanted stuff.  That with some common sense will keep you safe from Web nasties.

A good program to sort out some of Windows 10 privacy concerns is called OO Shutup.  Using the default settings on that it will turn of Cortana, Key Logging and other such wonders MS has given us in Windows 10 and back ported through to Windows 7.

A good performance upgrade for an OS is to run it on a SSD Drive, the new M.2 Drives are even better as you get better data throughput than SSD over SATA.  Don't max the drive storage out, keeping about 20% free space makes drive maintenance easier.  IF you have SSD drivers, after changes to your OS and programs stored on it, you can do a TRIM on the drive, if a normal Hard Drive (platter type) do a defrag, I use AusLogics Defrag which is free and is quite good for non SSD drives).  Do not use Defrag on SSD drives.

Found with computers, less is more.  No loading up programs that I don't need and regular basic maintenance of Windows drives are a must.  If you get 2% fragmentation on a Windows non SSD drive, the OS starts to behave poorly.  Why Windows can't look after its file system like OS-X or Linux is beyond me.

Anything beyond that is hardware.  Although I do use my display drivers AA at x2 for all games instead of ingame AA.  Seems to work well with Il2 BoS, Killing Floor 2, Doom, and Assetto Corsa - pretty much all I throw at my current system.

Happy computing.

#18 meplanes1969

meplanes1969

Posted 12 October 2017 - 22:28

Yes thanks for the advice
As in my case,I uninstalled my Nvidia drivers and GeForce performance application,installed most recent drivers,and honest
Now my FPS have gone from an unplayable stutter ,to 70 FPS in busy missions,this worked for me,I am not saying it will work for most people,but it worked for me.
As for any more insults I will proberly get on this subject,you only need too google about this subject too find out that many people agree with me.
The reason for these forums,is too try pass on information that maybe helps other people,and not get nasty comments

#19 1./JG54_Hoss

1./JG54_Hoss
  • Founder

Posted 12 October 2017 - 23:01

I have found an unbelievable number of people on here suffer from NPD, you just have to take it with a grain of salt.  You will know them by the number of posts they have made, just ignore them and go on about your business of passing things along that have helped you.  I personally like CrapCleaner, it helps a lot, I'll run it on average once a week.

Cheers

Hoss

#20 meplanes1969

meplanes1969

Posted 14 October 2017 - 08:18

Thanks,it’s nice too know lots nice people on this forum

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users