Sign in to follow this  
InProgress

Bombs exploding too early

I had weird experience while flying 110 on WoL. I went to attack ships with bombs set on 3s delay i drop bombs and it exploded instantly that i even saw fire all over me. But it did not damage me at all. 500kg bombs. Happend everytime i hit ship. When i hit water it was working, 3s and then explosion.

I don't know, bug? Or bomb hit AAA gun directly and made it explode early? But then question why i did not take any damage from all this?

Devine intervention. :mellow:

You have been spared to fly another day. :salute:

• Upvote 1

If you hit your target directly with the bomb It may blow before de bomb explodes, maybe thats what happened

Why? Also i did countless dive attacks on ships with stuka and never got something like this. And today it was 3 bombs in row.

I have personally only had bombs not exploding never had them explode to early.

I've had this happen to me before, when bombing ships from low level. Never worked out why.

I know CloD has a feature where, if bombs are dropped below a certain altitude the fuses don't arm before they hit the ground and as a result the bombs don't detonate, but I don't know if a similar system exists here.

Then maybe it's a bug? And yea, it was also low level attack. But even those when attacking buildings would not do it, just happens with ships direct hit only.

I've had this happen to me before, when bombing ships from low level. Never worked out why.

I know CloD has a feature where, if bombs are dropped below a certain altitude the fuses don't arm before they hit the ground and as a result the bombs don't detonate, but I don't know if a similar system exists here.

This is featured in the sim, that's why you should put at least 5 seconds delay in soviet bombs if you're doing low level attacks. The German use different fuses so I don't know how they work.

Direct impact of large bombs can destroy ships prior to the fuse triggering. There was a video posted by Sshadow demonstrating it.

Hmm not sure if i understand. What fuse triggering, can you say more about it? Or link this video.

Hmm not sure if i understand. What fuse triggering, can you say more about it? Or link this video.

It doesnt matter the fuse(with the exception of the contact one), if you hit the ship directly with the bomb, the ship will explode before the bomb itself. Just that. Be aware, explosions from ships ands locomotives are very large and will damage your plane if you are near.

Edited by 3./JG15_Staiger

Why would ship explode just because was hit with bomb? :blink: never happend during dive bombing, now it did when i did skip bombing

This is featured in the sim, that's why you should put at least 5 seconds delay in soviet bombs if you're doing low level attacks. The German use different fuses so I don't know how they work.

Really? I had no idea about that. Where does it say/how did you find out?

Explains a frustrating sortie at the weekend where a variety of low-level direct hits on ships achieved nothing.

This being the case I'll get a bit more altitude.

Does increasing the fuse length also work?

Explains a frustrating sortie at the weekend where a variety of low-level direct hits on ships achieved nothing.

On soviet bombs anything from 5 seconds delay up will arm you bombs almost instantly (0.5s or so).

Same thing happened to me couple days ago with 110 when i dropped 2x500kg bombs on train and i was using 2 second fuse. Plane was of course heavily damaged. But this is the only time this has happened to me and i've played for over 500 hours so it seems to be pretty rare thing to happen.

Why would ship explode just because was hit with bomb?

That exactly happened to me several times when bombing AA-guns or trucks - physical impact of bomb caused the object to explode and 5 s later the bomb went up. 5s is my default, because all bombs detonate with that setting, no matter how low you drop them. Don't know where at a ship that "explode by yourself"-trigger is, maybe the engine-room or ammo-depot, but that might explain your observations.

the bomb exploded on the timer, right before the ships exploded, before that one of the turrets exploded form the impact from what i saw.

Modification of bomb fuses was a change stated in a dev diary long ago. I'll try to find out where and post the link here.

It is the Kinetic effect not the bomb exploding eary. Heck if u drop 250kg at 300 mph it is gonna hurt something

But it hurts huge cargo shop so much it explode like ss burke? :| and it happens like all the time during bf110 low bombing, but never from stuka dive bombing.

Modification of bomb fuses was a change stated in a dev diary long ago. I'll try to find out where and post the link here.

Interesting. I'd been setting fuses to three secs so things would have less time to get out of the way, but if that means they sometimes don't arm themselves I'll go up to five.