Jason_Williams

Developer Diary, Part 172 - Discussion

Is that funnel + tube thing on the right side of the cockpit used for what I think it's used for? :)

Probably. The Beaufighter had one for that very purpose  :o:

• Upvote 1

Amazing work on the cockpit! The A-20 is one of my all time favorite attack aircraft, can't wait for getting it in BoK. Many years ago I, together with a friend, modelled the A-20C & G cockpits and externals for the good ol' Il-2, it was a hell lot of work, but very rewarding as well when they went into the game. :) Great to see the next-gen A-20 coming, the looks are awesome!

Edited by CAPSLOCK_ON
  • Upvote 3

Does it go straight out or to a deposit?

When i was little i always wondered if the bathroom residues of planes and trains went straight out. I think i figured it out :)

Does it go straight out or to a deposit?

When i was little i always wondered if the bathroom residues of planes and trains went straight out. I think i figured it out :)

I've never seen any mention of a relief tank, and it would be rather difficult to plumb in. 

British heavy bombers had an Elsan chemical toilet, but that wasn't very popular, due to the smell and the risks of turbulence, so they often resorted to peeing in beer bottles - which they then dropped on the enemy.

An interesting discussion on the subject here, which confirms that for B-17s at least, the relief tube went straight out into the airstream. In front of the ball turret! 

http://www.bombercommandmuseum.ca/s,whennaturecalls.html

Edited by AndyJWest

Awesome! The plane my Grandfather flew in as a turret gunner. I hope I get a new stick soon because I dropped mine and broke it. :o:

Excellent work there on that cockpit Jason, congratulations to the team on their efforts, thank you very much for the update really appreciated. :cool:

Always loved the A-20 be it in scale model form or in the old 1946 game, should look incredible in our new game. :salute:

Wishing you all the very best, Pete. :biggrin:

Edited by Missionbug

Cheers for the screenshots, I can't wait to bomb the hell out of some airfields with it.

Any idea what the overall bomb carrying capacity is? I've read in previous diary's that it can carry 2000kg in bombs, but Idk.

:P