Sign in to follow this  
RNAF_Konigs_Kobra

Sinking into the ground

I stumbled into some problem which I am not able to fix.

When placing an airfield icon things go well.

I create a taxi path and fix the airfield on the ground with the button. 

Sometimes planes spawn at the right place but after editing an running the multiplayer game on my server, the planes start below the runway.

Its as if there is no clipping. it happens when aircraft start on the runway or on the parking area. 

Somehow i think it has to do something with saving the map in the editor.

I have seen this behavior in other maps with minor differences in heighth , Are some airbases not leveled ?

By the way , I did see similar topics but somehow the fix (stick to ground option wont help me.

Maybe someone can enlighten me.

Maybe someone can enlighten me.

Try reapplying the terrain with the "Terrain Presets" button in Mission Properties and click the "Apply" button. Make sure that the GUI map/Season matches the terrain that you selected.

Is the clipping only in the editor? When you actually play the game everything is fine?

This happens frequently but most objects just get placed at ground level in the mission itself.

In the editor, there is no problem, the problem excists when starting the plane. 

I build a similar mission on the stalingrad map and no problem there.
Starting in flight is also no problem in both cases. 

My best guess is that textures and height map are not aligned when starting the game.

Try the solution in "Player Enters Plane and Is Kicked Out or Plane Is Destroyed or Goes Underground" on pg. 186 of the editor manual.

@JimTM wow! you saved my day :D

Note to self : I should rtfm, it was in there.

Somhow the editor "forgets" to save the season info every now and then.  

"Player Enters Plane and Is Kicked Out or Plane Is Destroyed or Goes Underground When a player enters a plane, they could be taken immediately to an external view or the plane may blow up or end up underground. To solve this problem, try opening the .mission file and checking if SeasonPrefix is set to blank. If SeasonPrefix is blank, set it to an appropriate two-letter value as follows:

• wi– winter

• su–summer, autumn"

Edited by NLDElapidae

Great!

FYI:

- This problem may also occur if the Height setting in the Mission Atmosphere dialog is not within the allowed values for the selected cloud (see pg. 206).

- The SeasonPrefix fix also solves an issue with a missing pilot in the cockpit and under a parachute. See this post.

I'll include this information in the next version of the manual...someday.  ;)