Sign in to follow this  
IckyATLAS

Flags on ships - Animate them please

Nothing is more an immersion killer as these ship flags that are like rigid stamped plastic rectangles. It was so in the previous IL2 Sturmovic series.

Since then an incredible jump in graphics and visual quality happened with BOS BOM and BOK. Please do not forget that LITTLE detail.

I hope that we will have in the future flags that do move in the wind like a real piece of tissue.

Thank you devs for adding this on your incredibly long list of must-haves. :-)

Guest deleted@30725

I hope that we will have in the future flags that do move in the wind like a real piece of tissue. flag

Think that the flags are made from plastic and moving in the wind is forgotten.

Edited by deleted@30725

You've got admit, little details like that really add a lot to a game. Silent Hunter 4 had/has some great ship animations. After seeing the new ocean effect I was reminded of the sub sim. I'm hoping as time goes on BoX will feature similar ship sinking animations.

I really don't think it's important, but it should be very easy to implement. From Rise Of Flight they have the "flight leader" streamers that are affected by relative wind speed. Should be easy to animate flags that look realistic based on those.

Now see I was thinking that the biggest immersion killer was the lack of seagul poop on the conning tower.

I don't need the actual gulls mind you...just the poop.

Never mind about those flags, I certainly hope that if the Lancaster Bomber is ever created for the IL2 series the Elsan toilet will be modeled correctly!

If memory serves me correctly, didn't we have animated soviet flags along the runway during EA for BOS back in 2013?  I was hoping they would bring them back at some point. Not sure why they were removed at some point before release.

Found it![flash=]

Edited by Toxin1
  • Upvote 1