Han

Developer Diary, Part 170 - Discussion

Hello everybody,
since 2.012 release, more than a half of Battle of Kuban content is available in Early Access already. We have three aircraft left to release (P-39L-1, A-20B, Yak-7B series 36) and two game modes (Career and Coop), but since the 2.012, we're positive they will be ready on time. 

Full news - here is a full text and visual materials

You're very welcome to subscribe for new videos here

You can ask new questions in this thread

• Upvote 16

Waiting for the release! Lets see if the 37mm will suffer from the same "AP too much effective if compared to HE" like the other cannons in game.

Nice to see the P-39 coming along :D

Waiting for the release! Lets see if the 37mm will suffer from the same "AP too much effective if compared to HE" like the other cannons in game.

I don't think that would be the case with the M4, it's AP rounds have very low velocity (600 m/s) and thus low kinetic energy and penetration, compared to the Soviet 37mm (900 m/s) and the German 37mm (1200 m/s)

Great!

Can`t wait to play new career mode  :joy: . Thumbs up for Victor and everyone involved for your hard work, I`m sure it will be a lots of fun  :good:

Yay! The aircraft I've been waiting for is finally underway :biggrin:

The P-39 is such a clean design that it makes for a fairly uninteresting 3D model, but still nice to look at.

The fact that we are getting so many options to modify loadout and even armour on the Airacobra just makes it that more interesting.

Can't wait to get my hands in it!

Great and interesting update again, Han

Good to see the first 3D impressions of my beloved bird, the P-39 :happy:

Be afraid, Axis flyers, be very afraid.Death is coming to an airspace near you

Run to the fatherland while you still can. Run, little rabbits, run :lol:

• Upvote 1

Sounds awesome!

I am so excited for the new career mode coming up, thanks so much for all your efforts being put into this!!

as I use a 5.1 sound card , will we  heard the engine more at the back ?

Edited by sport02

Glad to see the coop mode confirmed, looking forward to generating missions for that mode.

• Upvote 2

I foresee much time in the P39.

It was the first plane I really felt truly comfortable with in the original IL2.

Just to be clear, we dont get any .50 cal guns? Or thats on top of the .30 cals and cannon?

Im not sure what the L1 variant is like, Wikipedia says there were only 250 units built.

It was armed with one 30mm auto cannon in the prop hub, two .50 Brownings in the cowling synchronized to fire through the propeller arc, and four .30 Brownings, two in each wing.

Edited by BlitzPig_EL
  • Upvote 1

Like every time, great, nice and good news, thanks.

The P-39 brings me many years back to the first demo of the original IL2, not a easy task to master this plane but a lot of hours of fun.

Waiting until the end product is between our impatient hands shall be difficult and long even if the time shall be short.

Great work, fantastic research’s, marvellous team efforts, thanks.  :salute: 

Just to be clear, we dont get any .50 cal guns? Or thats on top of the .30 cals and cannon?

Im not sure what the L1 variant is like, Wikipedia says there were only 250 units built.

The reason Han didn't mention the .50cals was, that they are already in the sim - on the P-40 - he just presented the new guns.

The P-39L is almost identical to the K model except for the prop and a few minor details (they share the same flight manual) Both are very similar to the P-39N but they have a different engine (though with the same power output) some later Ns also had reduced fuel capacity.

It was armed with one 30mm auto cannon in the prop hub, two .50 Brownings in the cowling synchronized to fire through the propeller arc, and four .30 Brownings, two in each wing.

37 not 30 mm

When are you guys going to fix the share web thread post atribute?  

This action doesn't work! When trying to share the thread it only goes to the beginning of the web pages first post.

post-429-0-02133900-1504897465_thumb.jpg