EAF_Ribbon

Ju-52/He111 challenge!

Kuban map bring some unique challenge.

I had some great fun using "Quick mission", noncombat but pure flight challenge full of adrenaline.

I setup wind and turbulence on max, clouds on above average/high and cloud level on 500m.

Than i took he111-16 in first mission (Ju-52 on second mission) and went from SE coast trought mountain region up to the Maykop.

Difficulty settings on Expert so i had to fly low on deck between mountains fighting with hard winds, turbulence, low climb rate and poor visibility. And all that is much more noticable on big planes such as Ju52 and he111 with big flight surfaces.

Who would thought that such simple mission will provide more fun than most combats ever did.

I would recommend it to everybody, expecially to ju52 owners!

post-102888-0-42995400-1504839914_thumb.png

• Upvote 3

Just flying a fully laden Ju 52 above the mountains in clear and calm weather is a bit of challenge. I climbed for 45 mins and still had to enter the mountains through a pass because I just couldn't clear the peaks in time.

What a great idea. I'll definitely try that. I did some QMB's through the mountains with the Ju-52 already but only in clear weather. I didn't think of altering the wind and turbulence settings.

Wind and turbulence makes it so immersive, it is a constant fight with flight controls, it gives that movie survival feel.

I did exactly the same but with clear conditions - now I'll take the challenge and do with the weather you suggested. But from North to South, since now I need to go back with my red cross Ju where I came from :)

I hope I'll make it!

Oh and of course in VR - everything other is child's play  :cool:

• Upvote 1

Oh and of course in VR - everything other is child's play 

so easy mode is what you're saying :P since you have 3D vision whichobviously makes it easier than for monitor 2D people  :P  :lol:

Edited by 6./ZG26_Asgar

Well, I just happen to have a lovely Ju-52, courtesy of a fine Girtish gentleman in this thread, so I'll have to try this out. :)

This is why I was hopping the Kuban map had some small mountain side/top airfields. Those tricky takeoff and landings are a ton of fun.

so easy mode is what you're saying :P since you have 3D vision whichobviously makes it easier than for monitor 2D people  :P  :lol:

Hehe, true but what I meant was "more like in real life" whereas in 2D it is more like a "game"  ;)  :P

Well, I just happen to have a lovely Ju-52, courtesy of a fine Girtish gentleman in this thread, so I'll have to try this out. :)

Haha, yes.  I'm like, so girt right now.  :happy:

Hope you have lots of fun with it too!

• Upvote 1

I just finished the crossing with all the settings suggested - was easier than I thought, but the wind blew me so far westwards that I came to the shore at Tuapse  :biggrin: The landing was a piece of work however, was laying almost diagonal to the runway in the final and ground looped at the end.

Everybody survived though.  :cool:

Guest deleted@30725

+1 to this topic - I love playing with the weather settings, adding wind, rain or darkness to either a fight or simple flight. Can really transform the game. Just wish the weather was dynamic to add some unpredictability. If I set it to rain, it's going to rain forever. Still glad we have the weather options.

Has anyone tried doing this same mission with this plane on these settings at night using instruments and map ref points?

Edited by deleted@30725

+1 to this topic - I love playing with the weather settings, adding wind, rain or darkness to either a fight or simple flight. Can really transform the game. Just wish the weather was dynamic to add some unpredictability. If I set it to rain, it's going to rain forever. Still glad we have the weather options.

Has anyone tried doing this same mission with this plane on these settings at night using instruments and map ref points?

No, but good idea to do some instrumental flight IFR!

I tried yesterday with weather on full, almost as before but this time clouds at overcast and than low flight over mountains.

Didn't have much free time so my He111 ended up parked on some of those hills between trees.

Wind and turbulence makes it so immersive, it is a constant fight with flight controls, it gives that movie survival feel.

Multiplayer is great, nothing can beat human opponents. But WEATHER is why I play single player. It's more immersive. 

New Challenge: make it through the mountain pass, INVERTED. haha  :lol:

• Upvote 1

Hi guys. I took a break today from my 110 campaign and decided to make a simple but fun mission based on this thread.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h7mj89qka81dff7/Hold%20My%20Beer.Mission?dl=0

It's a different flight path than originally proposed. A route on the map is present, showing the lowest terrain in the area roughly. Weather is evening, heavy rain, 15 m/s winds, turbulence is set to 5.

You have a wingman. He crashed once and actually made it the second time I tried. I myself crashed on a hill my first attempt, clouds of death got me! My second attempt was golden though. 

If you actually fly the route you get a couple hints/info via text. (complex trigger radius is fairly large and you should hit if you're remotely in the area of the route)

This is just a quick mission I made. It shouldn't reflect the quality of my actual campaigns. Just showing the Ju 52 and these mountains some love! 

EDIT: should also note you don't need to fly out to sea and back or circle the airfield to gain altitude. You can take off and immediately follow the route. You have enough time to clear the hills. But once that first river ends... things get intense for a bit! flight time = 45 minutes.

Have fun. 

Edited by NETSCAPE
  • Upvote 2

Have fun. 

Just flown your mission to relax a little in the mountain area but it wasnt as relaxing as I tought.. :D

5-8 min after the river ends it is hard to stay on track without climbing out of the clouds

i like more complicated weather to fly in. Luckily TAW sometimes has more harsh weather we need to deal with.

Something else I was wondering, we have so less airfields in the mountain area.. There is nearly no mission making possible :(

Edited by [I./JG62]froNt

Just flown your mission to relax a little in the mountain area but it wasnt as relaxing as I tought.. :D

5-8 min after the river ends it is hard to stay on track without climbing out of the clouds

i like more complicated weather to fly in. Luckily TAW sometimes has more harsh weather we need to deal with.

Something else I was wondering, we have so less airfields in the mountain area.. There is nearly no mission making possible :(

Yeah you kind of need to climb out of the clouds... or you risk death.

Also made a quick mission with the suggested settings but without GPS on the Map this time trying to reach an Airfield more north.

Starting around Socchi, I followed a river into the mountain area. Suddenly the valley forced me into the clouds though.

I pulled up immediatly avoiding the hill in the last second. (Pic 2 shows the moment I pulled out of the valley)

I was stunned by the scenery. Alle the mountains coming up of the clouds, just amazing.. ! 

I continued my flight mostly north, flying a bit into the wind to avoid drifting away to much.

Further north I noticed that the hills start to disappear into the clouds, knowing this should be close to my destination. 

Now I had to descent back into the clouds hoping I wont hit a hill. Not easy if you dont have an artificial horizon and the plane gets thrown around all over the place.

So I was descenting rather quick, that I dont have to rely too long on my doubtful instruments. It went well but I ended over endless, same looking fields.

It took me a bit to get to Maikob but I've found it after all. :)

Its fun to play around with the weather. It would be cool if it would be dynamic and a bit more complex to adjust (lightnings, other raindrops, fog,..) DCS is a little ahead with its weather engine I guess. 

What I dont like is the transition into the clouds. Feels like you loose your view to early without being in the cloud already. Also it gets really bright when you fly into the cloud in the evening, even if the cloud is rather grey and dark.

I really hope that we see some multiplayer missions at the Mountain range, even if I dont know how with so less airfields. Can you set up an airfield anywhere actually? Also on a flat part in the Mountains?

post-61834-0-91811900-1505354114_thumb.jpg

post-61834-0-49236600-1505354154_thumb.jpg

post-61834-0-88691700-1505354166_thumb.jpg

post-61834-0-98326600-1505354177_thumb.jpg

post-61834-0-81998300-1505354198_thumb.jpg

post-61834-0-07877000-1505354221_thumb.jpg

Edited by [I./JG62]froNt

Hi guys. I took a break today from my 110 campaign and decided to make a simple but fun mission based on this thread.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h7mj89qka81dff7/Hold%20My%20Beer.Mission?dl=0

It's a different flight path than originally proposed. A route on the map is present, showing the lowest terrain in the area roughly. Weather is evening, heavy rain, 15 m/s winds, turbulence is set to 5.

You have a wingman. He crashed once and actually made it the second time I tried. I myself crashed on a hill my first attempt, clouds of death got me! My second attempt was golden though.

If you actually fly the route you get a couple hints/info via text. (complex trigger radius is fairly large and you should hit if you're remotely in the area of the route)

This is just a quick mission I made. It shouldn't reflect the quality of my actual campaigns. Just showing the Ju 52 and these mountains some love!

EDIT: should also note you don't need to fly out to sea and back or circle the airfield to gain altitude. You can take off and immediately follow the route. You have enough time to clear the hills. But once that first river ends... things get intense for a bit! flight time = 45 minutes.

Have fun.

Thanks Netscape!

Also made a quick mission with the suggested settings but without GPS on the Map this time trying to reach an Airfield more north.

Starting around Socchi, I followed a river into the mountain area. Suddenly the valley forced me into the clouds though.

I pulled up immediatly avoiding the hill in the last second. (Pic 2 shows the moment I pulled out of the valley)

I was stunned by the scenery. Alle the mountains coming up of the clouds, just amazing.. !

I continued my flight mostly north, flying a bit into the wind to avoid drifting away to much.

Further north I noticed that the hills start to disappear into the clouds, knowing this should be close to my destination.

Now I had to descent back into the clouds hoping I wont hit a hill. Not easy if you dont have an artificial horizon and the plane gets thrown around all over the place.

So I was descenting rather quick, that I dont have to rely too long on my doubtful instruments. It went well but I ended over endless, same looking fields.

It took me a bit to get to Maikob but I've found it after all. :)

Its fun to play around with the weather. It would be cool if it would be dynamic and a bit more complex to adjust (lightnings, other raindrops, fog,..) DCS is a little ahead with its weather engine I guess.

What I dont like is the transition into the clouds. Feels like you loose your view to early without being in the cloud already. Also it gets really bright when you fly into the cloud in the evening, even if the cloud is rather grey and dark.

I really hope that we see some multiplayer missions at the Mountain range, even if I dont know how with so less airfields. Can you set up an airfield anywhere actually? Also on a flat part in the Mountains?

Now that's what it was all about!
  • Upvote 1