NETSCAPE

HS 129 BoK load-outs

It looks like 8./Sch.G 1 operated out of Anapa April to June 1943. I'd like to do some speed tests with the AI. But before I do that I need to know what the most common load-outs were in this area and time frame. thanks. 

Edited by NETSCAPE

You'd be looking at a combination of MK 101 and bomb loadouts. The MK 103 didn't debut until July 1943 at Kursk, and the MG 17 gunpod was seldomly used. 

I am wondering anyhow, how often and for what purposes the 15mm version was still used after the MG151/20 was introduced. I don't think, that the use of the MK101 excludes the 20mm guns, but hopefully someone has some hard facts about that question.

Edited by Yogiflight

I am wondering anyhow, how often and for what purposes the 15mm version was still used after the MG151/20 was introduced. I don't think, that the use of the MK101 excludes the 20mm guns, but hopefully someone has some hard facts about that question.

Realistically, I'm fairly certain the 15mm was abandoned when the 20mm was made available. I think the devs just include it because it's nice to have a higher velocity round.

I'm just weighing up the options to make a "realistic" Hs 129 -or- a Ju 88 campaign for the Kuban map. I might have to bend on some historical accuracy for the sake of game play I think...

...but first things first, this Bf 110 campaign in Jan '42  :salute:

No easy decision, on the one side, the Hs129 is surely an epic aircraft and a lot of people might want a scripted campaign for it, on the other side, a bomber campaign, after all, is still missing. Maybe you could ask the other campaign creators, what they plan to do, so you guys could think about who creates what campaign, as Gambit suggested already in another thread.

Indeed, I haven't seen that thread. But I already have those thoughts. I don't want to step on anyone's shoes so to speak. My first campaign would have been for the Ju 52 but Gambit was already on it. By the time he had that done I still had never even opened the editor :) 

Yogi, can you link me to that thread if it's still active?

If you want a bomber campaign I was thinking of making a short batch of like 5 missions for KG 55 over Stalingrad. There are some issues with bomber missions in general (which I would post to get input on what "issue" the player rather deal with). And I feel like they can't be official, so it would be a work of "passion" so to speak, like my Stuka Campaign. ( Which should be coming around soon, just waiting on word from Jason whether yay or nay on the official aspect. It is 18 missions done, but long arse flight times!). 

The only reason I am considering the Ju 88 for a Kuban campaign is the anti-shipping possibilities and the fact that the historical AF location is fairly close to the front. Of course the Ju 88 is more speedy than the He 111 and that's another factor. 

Edited by NETSCAPE

The MG 151/15 would be useful against light armored vehicles, it had a tungsten core armor piercing round that had roughly similar penetration to the VYa-23, although I don't know how much it was used. For Soviet light tanks it would be really useful. This ammo isn't in game currently because with the 15mm you can't destroy these tanks.

Realistically, I'm fairly certain the 15mm was abandoned when the 20mm was made available. I think the devs just include it because it's nice to have a higher velocity round.

There are images of Hs129B-2 in late january 1942, loading with MG151 15mm ammunition.

@Netscape,

I've already started work on a 8./Sch.G 1 Hs-129 campaign.

My other campaign project for Kuban is a 10.(NJ)/ZG1 Bf-110 night fighter campaign.

I would start work on a Kuban campaign but, A: I have a ZG 26 campaign for Moscow in progress and B: Kuban isn't finished yet and the AI doesn't know how to deal with mountains yet.

Ok, if the AI cruise and climb speeds are acceptable I'll plan on a KG 51 / Ju 88 Kuban campaign and you can have the Hs-129 glory. 

We do need a thread where we are all stating what we are working on and our future plans. We should actually be stating if these campaigns are to be unofficial or planned to be official. I don't see any problem in 2 people making a similar campaign if they are unofficial. But if they're made with hopes of becoming official, I/we shouldn't step on each others feet so to speak. (or waste a HUGE amount of time potentially) 

We do need a thread where we are all stating what we are working on and our future plans. We should actually be stating if these campaigns are to be unofficial or planned to be official. I don't see any problem in 2 people making a similar campaign if they are unofficial. But if they're made with hopes of becoming official, I/we shouldn't step on each others feet so to speak. (or waste a HUGE amount of time potentially)

This is about the result of the thread of Gambit I mentioned before. To be honest, I had only read his first post of this thread, so I did not know what had happened there. After doing that now, I have to say there was not that much input. But you can find it in the 'Mission Making and Mission Editor' section with the title 'Should we campaign makers  keep each other apprised of our plans'

Unfortunately, I don't know how to post links, so you have to look for yourself.

On 9/1/2017 at 5:00 PM, Yogiflight said:

Just a note: The Mg-151/15 was apparently considered to have closer ballistics to the Mk-103... this is one reason why you often see them paired in paper designs. I'm not sure if this is the case with the Mk-101 (which had an even higher muzzle velocity), but it might be an explanation, in addition to having left-over 15mm rounds and barrels available.

Hello Gents,

Can some  wizard explain to me the purpose of the two white lines on the wings of the Hs129 B2 and possibly how to use them?

Thx for your time.

C

37 minutes ago, Grobby said:

Hello Gents,

Can some  wizard explain to me the purpose of the two white lines on the wings of the Hs129 B2 and possibly how to use them?

Thx for your time.

C

Hi,

In the book i have these lines are referred to as "Einstelllehre" . I might be wrong here, but i would asume that these where used for adjusting trim and flaps for groundcrew?...

Grt M

• Confused 1

Thx, Dutch, now  I am wiser. Being not a Schwarzmann, I assume it has no interest for the pilot in terms of trimming and flaps..

Check Six

G

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 5:13 AM, Grobby said:

Hello Gents,

Thx for your time.

C

Looking at the plane externally, the inboard white line points to the tip of the yellow on the flap when extended at the first setting (14 deg of flap) and the outboard white line points to the tip of the yellow when the flaps are deployed at 40 deg (full flaps) both working as a backup to let the pilot know the flap settings.  Just a guess on my part.

• Thanks 1