Han

Developer Diary, Part 169 - Discussion

Hello Everyone!

We approach the next milestone. Tomorrow we plan to begin testing if the release candidate version 2.012, which, as we said earlier, will include very significant innovations like:

Full news - here is a full text and visual materials

You're very welcome to subscribe for new videos here

You can ask new questions in this thread

• Upvote 11

Looking good as always...this next release is going to eat some serious spare-time hours...maybe a few 'playing hooky' work hours.

Really looking forward to this release - so much great-looking stuff in it.  Especially looking forward to seeing how the new Kuban map is gonna look in VR, now that I've just about completed the testing/configuration phase with my new Rift and am about ready to just start flying around and enjoying the view.

As always, splendid work and more than announced.

Really happy that the Hs 129 may get into the patch.

Thanks dev team, and take a rest! Look at the time in CET!

Great news, I didn't expect the Hs129 really being in the patch. And I noticed, it is going to have a rear mirror. I am looking very much forward to this patch.

This was suprise, now going to read it!

;)

Update: So when we can expect this gorgeous patch, next week?

Any guess, anybody (taking in reference testing starts tomorow)?

Edited by EAF_T_Ribbon

Almost missed this update. Pretty pictures. Looking forward to the new FMs.

This was suprise, now going to read it!

;)

Update: So when we can expect this gorgeous patch, next week?

Any guess, anybody (taking in reference testing starts tomorow)?

Two weeks.....be sure?

• Upvote 2

It is interesting how they leap-frogged the HS-129 to the front, which is fine, it is more interesting/unique than the Yak-7.

We approach the next milestone. Tomorrow we plan to begin testing if the release candidate version 2.012, which, as we said earlier, will include very significant innovations like:

- German twin-engined attack aircraft Hs 129 B-2,

448.jpg

"this is the first aircraft in our project that carries 30 mm cannonin the form of an optional under-fuselage mounted gun MK 101 or MK 103. Also a under-fuselage gunpod with 4 MG-17 machine guns can be mounted, bringing the total amount of front firing weapons to 8 with a common rate of fire up to 9200 rounds per minute, and ammunition up to 6,500 rounds."

:o: 

and we're supposed to balance up numbers and NOT fly luftwaffe aircraft so much. 

Edited by [ASOR]Pharoah

"this is the first aircraft in our project that carries 30 mm cannonin the form of an optional under-fuselage mounted gun MK 101 or MK 103. Also a under-fuselage gunpod with 4 MG-17 machine guns can be mounted, bringing the total amount of front firing weapons to 8 with a common rate of fire up to 9200 rounds per minute, and ammunition up to 6,500 rounds."[/size]

:o:[/size] [/size]

and we're supposed to balance up numbers and NOT fly luftwaffe aircraft so much. [/size]

I bought this game for fun! Not balancing lol!

I think I may try the 129 out a bit before I go back to my trusty 109!

Daniel put in an exceptionally long day for this DD. Please enjoy these images and info.

I am in quasi-vacation mode so I come back from an outing and I see Han was up late. He works amazingly hard guys. No one can top his work ethic. Well actually, Petrovich puts in crazy long hours too and works just as hard. We all work long and hard. There is just no way such a product happens without it. God I wish we could hire 6 more guys to alleviate their need to work so long.

Jason

• Like 1
  • Upvote 37

Daniel put in an exceptionally long day for this DD. Please enjoy these images and info.

Jason

Thanks to him!

And to the team. This looks like an exceptional update incoming... even if there are a few bumps in the road this looks like something incredible for the IL-2 series.

Thank you for this update, and the hard work!

I typically prefer text information over pretty pictures, but the Hs129 take off shot looks just beautiful, worth every byte.

For a year now I have been pushing the team hard. It's not been easy on them and guys like Sergey our Lead Programmer has done amazing things in a short time and I drive him nuts with my requests. And Petrovich, poor Petrovich has been lost in FM hell for months plus he's been dealing with and issue with his apartment which isn't fun. Vitaly had to resurrect the Career mode from the dead and still found a way to innovate a bit and the modelers have had to make several brand new planes which is much harder than modifying existing ones. And I went through a divorce this year and lots of other unnecessary personal garbage that has been a huge distraction from my duties. So, a final big push through the end of the year should put us on a whole new level with the tech, features and content we have made the past year plus. Kuban is a huge turning point with our engine and product line. Please tell your friends to support the team whenever you can. 

Jason

• Upvote 41

Doing my best!

It's good to remember that there are real folks with real families and challenges behind the scenes too. We sometimes just see the product and the thing that's in front of us and it can be difficult to make that connection. Appreciate the hard work you guys do constantly as well as the communication and community here in the forums.

• Upvote 2

For a year now I have been pushing the team hard. It's not been easy on them and guys like Sergey our Lead Programmer has done amazing things in a short time and I drive him nuts with my requests. And Petrovich, poor Petrovich has been lost in FM hell for months plus he's been dealing with and issue with his apartment which isn't fun. Vitaly had to resurrect the Career mode from the dead and still found a way to innovate a bit and the modelers have had to make several brand new planes which is much harder than modifying existing ones. And I went through a divorce this year and lots of other unnecessary personal garbage that has been a huge distraction from my duties. So, a final big push through the end of the year should put us on a whole new level with the tech, features and content we have made the past year plus. Kuban is a huge turning point with our engine and product line. Please tell your friends to support the team whenever you can. 

Jason

I think everyone here appreciates the efforts from all of you. I'm doing my best to promote BoX to my squad mates...so far I've gotten 4 of them on board, and we've convinced another 2. Thats +6. They will ALL buy BoK eventually (they want the Spitfire) and if we're heading to the Pacific next, we'll probably get MORE players on board (although I reckon we'd get a heck of a lot more if we went to the ETO rather than PTO but anyway...)

Very nice to wake up to news like this :biggrin:

Looks like 2.012 will be seriously amazing. Thanks to the team for their hard work :salute:

Just a couple weeks to go and we'll be treated to months worth of new stuff to explore :dance:

Edited by Finkeren

The map, the map.....  take your time, fellows, festina lente.

The team deserves every success, I hope we can all do a little to help.