Han

Developer Diary, Part 168 - Discussion

Hello everybody,
While we're making Battle of Kuban, community enthusiasts III/JG2_Gustav05 and I./ZG1_Panzerbar were also busy making the Bf 109 F-4 and Ju 87 D-3 skins even more historically accurate and adding minor details and peculiarities. In addition, I./ZG1_Panzerbar updated the Fw 190 A-5 default skin. You can see the result of their work on the screenshots below. Most of them were taken in the skies over Kuban so you could see how diverse it is. And all this is just Summer textures, while Spring and Autumn versions of the map will be included too.

Full news - here is a full text and visual materials

You're very welcome to subscribe for new videos here

You can ask new questions in this thread

• Upvote 6

Default Winter skins begs the question, will we finally have that skin shown if we use custom skins on a winter map that others haven't downloaded?

• Upvote 4

Nice shots and great work Gustav and Panzer :good:

Especially the 109 and 190 default ones are great improvements.

Blown away by some of those shots

Fantastic skins and breath-taking mountains. Nice work all. Well deserved praise.

Nice work, also great skins. Would be nice to keep the old F4 default skin as an additional one and no discarded, love the old pattern also.

Regards,

PS: thanks to Panzer, Gustav and the team.

Man those maps are stunning! So, you say there were improvements in skins? JK  ;)  ;)

Nice work Panzerbar, DEVs, et al

Actually, Gustav did main job! He is truely a Lord of Bf109 skins.

Edited by I./ZG1_Panzerbar
  • Upvote 2

Good work guys...everything is looking great.

As a skinner I can appreciate the paint jobs and don't want to minimize those efforts...again nice job.

That said...the map! Those shadows....

It's going to be a long 2 weeks (be sure!)

This map look fabulous! Can't wait to fly in the mountains and above the sea!

Great skins, great looking map but rather worried about this:

7. Bf 109 F-4, Maj. Hanns Trübenbach, Stab./JG52 commander, Bukharest-Pipera, September 1941.

Tschikhskoye reservoir on Kuban river, stanitsa Voronezhskaya

109_07_Voronezhskaya.jpg

Aren't the Kuban River reservoirs all post-war? They don't appear on any maps I've seen.

Cheers.

Did some digging, apparently you're right that all reservoirs are from the 1960s-1970s, but Tschikhskoe is an exception, built in 1940 :)

• Upvote 1

Did some digging, apparently you're right that all reservoirs are from the 1960s-1970s, but Tschikhskoe is an exception, built in 1940 :)

Just found it - Tschtschikskoje on the German maps. Had me confused for a while.

Cheers.

Edited by 216th_Cat

Fantastic skins but I would prefer without the false swastika, too much not historical.

Edited by 22GCT_PlaN
  • Upvote 1

Actually, Gustav did main job! He is truely a Lord of Bf109 skins.

Beautiful Stuka and default 190A5 skins, Panzerbar, Actually this is 2 man's job I can not get F4 skins done historical correctly without your great help. You are the historical painting study expert. 

• Upvote 1

Panzerbar, Gustav, S! Such beautiful work; loving the Ju-87 skins especially, my favorite ride (+2x37mm :-))

The map of Kuban shots are great, beautiful, realistic.

Like always great news? And the skins are great news also.

Only one week for the last friday of August or at maximum 13 days until the end of the month to wait for the update, but we can wait longer for perfection no?!  :salute:

Edited by senseispcc

Fantastic skins but I would prefer without the false swastika, too much not historical.

Yes they are.  22GCT_PlaN in some countries they have laws which prohibit showing a swastika esp. Germany, there for a software company cannot release those markings.  You need to look in the user made skins section for Historical correct markings.

Yes they are.  22GCT_PlaN in some countries they have laws which prohibit showing a swastika esp. Germany, there for a software company cannot release those markings.  You need to look in the user made skins section for Historical correct markings.

:poster_offtopic: Does anyone have a simple step by step guide for non-skinners to add historically correct swastikas? Thanks!    :salute:

Great job guys!!

Im assuming these are still 2K skins?

I know Jason was against it recently so slower systems wouldn't be alienated but i would love to see the day when we can have the 4K as default through an option in the settings such as "Skin texture size".

Panzerbar, is it possible to take a look at the FW190 A5 skins? I love your work and the detail you put into them but i feel like they have a much different finish than the rest of the skins in the game (A5 is more matte). That's also noticeable in the little preview images in the skin selection screen.

I would love to see more consistency on the alpha channels for these skins as they are truly pieces of art.

Panzerbar, is it possible to take a look at the FW190 A5 skins? I love your work and the detail you put into them but i feel like they have a much different finish than the rest of the skins in the game (A5 is more matte).

Gustav (all A-5 skins exept default and default winter) and me (A-5 default and default winter skins) are using different brushes, thats all :) 

:poster_offtopic: Does anyone have a simple step by step guide for non-skinners to add historically correct swastikas? Thanks! :salute:

Yes, in all seriousness, download user skins and add them to your custom folder. It's incredibly easy. You can't add swastikas to the stock skins anyway.

I would love to see more consistency on the alpha channels for these skins as they are truly pieces of art.

Problem is that the real things weren't consistent. Some planes were highly polished and others left matt to varying degrees.