Photo

Patrol loop

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 TP_Jacko

TP_Jacko
  • Founder

Posted 11 August 2017 - 16:51

I was thinking of  making a set of waypoints in a patrol area to join them up so the AI follow the loop until bingo fuel or a timer fires a land instruction. What I am not sure of is if they would attack any enemy air targets that come into their view or would they continue the patrol. Anyone tried this idea out?

#2 No601_Prangster

No601_Prangster
  • Founder

Posted 11 August 2017 - 17:33

Set the waypoints to low or medium and they should attack enemy aircraft. At low setting they are more aggressive and will ignore the waypoints to go after any targets they spot.

TPRegBanner.jpg

#3 TP_Silk

TP_Silk

Posted 11 August 2017 - 17:42

Set the waypoints to low or medium and they should attack enemy aircraft. At low setting they are more aggressive and will ignore the waypoints to go after any targets they spot.

This is obviously the default setting for players too  :P  :lol:

#4 Habu

Habu
  • Tester

Posted 12 August 2017 - 07:31

Half right.

Settings of the waypoint :

Low : Attack any target

Medium : Defend himself. So, if target fly closer but do not attack it, the plane does not attack

High : No defense, no attack, the plane only follow the waypoint.

You can mix several settings. You can have a part on medium, then a part on low, etc...

For fighter, i suggest you to use the low settings. For bomber, the medium.

#5 Gr_Volker

Gr_Volker
  • Founder

Posted 13 August 2017 - 06:02

Get my mission and there are patrolling groups there, also they react and change their patrol route in order to cover their targets when an enemy enters the target area, when they don't encounter enemies there they resume their patrol route.

OKLvs AI is the server.

kgser.jpg

random_expert_chrome.png

#6 TP_Jacko

TP_Jacko
  • Founder

Posted 13 August 2017 - 11:51

Volker that set up sounds the ticket I will ss if I can find it

#7 Gambit21

Gambit21
  • Founder

Posted 14 August 2017 - 22:10

Easy to set up.

Let me know if you need a sample group Jacko.

Basically you set up the patrol way-points as normal on "low" priority.

Set up the alternate patrol loop where you want it, with the first waypoint set to "medium", all object linked to player.

The remaining waypoints on the secondary loop can be set to low or medium depending on bomber or fighter.

This first "medium priority" waypoint is then activated by whatever event you choose.

As soon as it's the triggered, the flight will divert to the new set of waypoints.

This can bee a counter, and "OnDestroyed" message from another unit, check zone etc, etc.

Obviously if all of the waypoints on the original patrol circuit are medium, then the initial 'switch' waypoint must be set to high.

post-23599-0-81560100-1480876176.jpg       Coming soon...Warrant Officer 'Yamaha Kawasaki' on the loose again!       post-23599-0-30579300-1480901669.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users