Han

Developer Diary, Part 167 - Discussion

Hello everyone!

Today we present you a small report on the progress of our "Battle for the Kuban" project.
As the saying goes - A picture is worth a thousand words! So here is a small in-flight video over the Gelendzhik bay in which you can see some features of the Kuban map such as the improved sea visualization, new shadows in the cockpit and some others:

Full news - here is a full text and visual materials

You're very welcome to subscribe for new videos here

You can ask new questions in this thread

• Upvote 15

Holly sheet! That looks really nice!

The shadows, the map, I can't wait!

I'll be in vacation the bext few days which will make the wait less painful.

As usual, outstanding work team!

Awesome! Just awesome! This is all that I can say!

...well, and thx of course!

:salute:

Flo

Glorious. I'll be taking a few days off to fly through those beautiful hills, valleys and clouds.

I've just flown over a large body of water, seen from various altitudes, after taking off from a hilly area with rivers around. Kuban and the sea are looking exactly like it, well done!

I've got nothing to add about that video. It looks absolutely stunning. Great job :)

Bit surprised to hear, that the Hs 129 is nearly finished. Does that mean, that you plan an early release for it before the original (unofficial) November date?

• Upvote 1

Salutations,

Things are looking great. :o:

Will ranks and awards from career mode become available for scripted campaigns too?

Great job, thanks.

Now some trenches, pillboxes, gun positions, etc... To form front lines and all is ready for a battle that can take months to resolve.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the dev diary Han :salute:    Everything sounds like its going really well.  Video was jaw-dropping :o:

New map and shadows look incredible. Somehow the cockpit looks more high resolution. Great job.

I don't usually ladle on the praise around here but that is really pretty amazing. Stunning even. The low clouds/mist at the top of the hill just screams "Hawaii,"  BTW!

Well done.

On to the PACIFIC!!!!!

I always knew this map would render the previous maps useless to me - but damn.

Edited by Gambit21

Simply stunning.  I can't wait to try it.  

Han, I do have one request so far as development that perhaps you could bring up for discussion with the team.  That is VR performance. Yes, I know it is very taxing on the system, but I was hoping to hear of some progress regarding an increase in framerates.  Back in a previous dev diary, Jason mentioned that turning off the GUI results in a large framerate increase for VR users.  Of course, I turn off the GUI almost every time as it results in about a 50 fps boost for me.  Any thoughts on how the GUI might be "dumbed down" a bit or improved to make it more usable in VR?  I don't expect a response, but hopefully this can be discussed at some point in the future.

Gawd I'm looking forward to all these improvements.  What a job you folks are doing.  S!  :D

Thanks for listening.

Great job, thanks.

Now some trenches, pillboxes, gun positions, etc... To form front lines and all is ready for a battle that can take months to resolve.

I agree. I know there are some interesting new buildings in the new map but i laso hope they create a few general purpose objects such as pillboxes to use in any mission.

Or if they are too busy, then i hope that's possible through the mods on mode in the future. There must be a lot of talented community members with 3D modeling skills.

Seeing that bay brought back memories from the old game... I'm so looking forward to the arrival of this map!

Panzerquacker in a couple of weeks. Sounds good to me!

• Upvote 1

A picture is worth a thousand words!

Indeed, I have a Question: " Why the mountains pop-in from nowhere in front the field of view from the camera looking the video Gelendzhik bay from 2.05 to 2.08. Is this a temporary side effect or I can expect seeing this constantly even on High-End-Cards?  "

Wow, the shadows, sea, and landscape all look astounding!!

Very exciting!!