grandkodiak

ju52 in multiplayer?

I am curious as to getting the ju52... does it have a role in multiplayer, as in can you capture enemy airfields or drop troops on tanks/artillery for kills?

It do have  a mission in some servers like capture airfields, it depend on the mission maker. It also supply airfields in some. Awesome plane

• Upvote 1

oh i didnt know multiplayer had missions, i havent played online yet, not since cliffs of dover and i remember that being just a big free for all basically lol

oh i didnt know multiplayer had missions, i havent played online yet, not since cliffs of dover and i remember that being just a big free for all basically lol

Hop onto the WoL (Wings of Liberty) server to get an idea of what multiplayer offers here. And then once you've gotten your feet wet try a few diff servers, there's a lot on offer. Missions usually run for roughly 2 hours I believe with a varied objective set in each that usually consists of ground pounding, bombing, disrupting trains/vehicle convoys/shipping lines, airfield captures and resupplies.

grandkodiak, I was one of the four in formation there....first online flight in 52, luckily my wingmen there got me up to speed on the -52. Was a treat to fly it in TAW in that manner. Second mission we wernt so lucky....we lost 3 of 4 -52's...I had to attempt to find the dropzone on 2/3ds thenormal engines, all shot to hell, then nursered her back over the lines. I was a little sweaty after but worth it.

I haven't flown in MP for some time, but last time I checked there was no kind of scoring for Ju-52 players at all. Only time flown and number of kills/deaths. You could fly for hours, drop all kinds of stuff on target and do all kinds of anonymous charity work for your team, but you wouldn't get so much as a single point for it. Is it still like that?

I haven't flown in MP for some time, but last time I checked there was no kind of scoring for Ju-52 players at all. Only time flown and number of kills/deaths. You could fly for hours, drop all kinds of stuff on target and do all kinds of anonymous charity work for your team, but you wouldn't get so much as a single point for it. Is it still like that?

Dunno, but a win is a win, stats are meaningless to me.  Doesn't tell half the story.

Sorry. I meant score, not stats. Like if you drop some bombs and can hit Tab in-game to see if you hit anything and how many. The Ju -52 has nothing for troops on target, amount of supplies landed or points earned.

Our server ("Finnish VirtualPilots - Dynamic War") uses them for supplying, repairing and capturing airfields.

Unfortunately, if you do a paradrop, there are log lines for each dropped canister/paratrooper, but not enough info to connect them to who dropped them. So in effect, you cannot give any score to the ones who do paradrops :-/ ...  I have pointed this out to the devs.

• Upvote 3

you can also use JU52s on the TAW server for airfield resupply and troop paradrop missions. I have the JU52 but haven't flown it online because I'm too lazy to connect my throttle quadrant so i just use my hotas throttle (twin, separate). Binding all 3 engines to one throttle is prob the way to go but I'm too lazy :(

6 Ship Ju52 flight with fighter support on TAWzfoIYs5.png

Soon my friend, we will be conquering the soviet lands 4 Ju52s at a time, soon.. Edited by Banzaii

No points for Ju52 pilots except if they shoot a plane.

Sad, but I hope it will change somehow, and devs will introduce the "support points" or something like that

I am glad to see that ju52 pilots are active Online!

that is great!

• Upvote 1