Jason_Williams

Developer Diary, Part 165 - Discussion

Hello Pilots,

In this Dev. Diary we'd like to share with you many never before seen screenshots of the Kuban map as it nears completion. It's simply awesome and sets a new standard for Sturmovik map making. We hope you enjoy them. And progress continues as we continue to work on and testing and implementing the FM changes and new shadow technology mentioned earlier. The screens below show our old shadow technology for now.  

Full news - here is a full text and visual materials

You're very welcome to subscribe for new videos here
You can ask new questions in this thread
  • Upvote 16

Thanks for the update Jason.

Landscape looks gorgeous. Looking forward to this map.

Edited by HotPursuit

Looks stunning! Does anybody know if mountain waves are modeled in this map? Should make flying around mountains interesting..

Edited by NahkaSukka

Glad I stayed up late - simply stunning Jason.

Can't wait to get campaign building on that map.

Superb!

Superb!

Glad I just took a look during my morning break in the office :)

Yes, those screenies look really promising! Great work devs!

Manfred

Edited by StG2_Manfred

Spectacular screens !

It always amazes me how you guys are able to push our systems, graphics cards, to the limit, providing such high level quality graphic effects and still not hiting performance ?

Great insight into what is comming next! Thx Jason and 1C / 777 Team  :good: 

Here is what it looked during WWII.

Combat mission of II./ZG1 from Krasnodar airfield to Novorossijsk, aug.1942.

"Novo" is clearly visible. After that, strafing attacks between two hills to the Noerth from city. Not 37mm tracers from Flak are going into direction of Bf110's.

• Upvote 5

Fantastic pictures, there's no doubt this is going to be my favourite map. Looks like a real step up from the current ones with all the different terrains and water.

Can't wait to jump into the pit of my Hs 129 and cruise threw the valleys of those mountains to hunt some tanks. :)

Looking Fantastic ! This Sim just gets Better and Better !  Well Done Jason and the Team !

• Upvote 1

This map adds more options to flying!

Not only flying over hills and plains or rivers but mountains and the sea.

I only hope is that the sea as not only flat but also rough and wild with stormy weather?!

I also hope that the mountain range are there to be crossed! Because flying into a mountain landscape is nothing like plain flying.

It is bumpy, unpredictable, fun.

I am certain of the quality of work of this development team that all this shall be there and if not now in the future it shall be. Tanks !  :salute: 

Map looks far better than i ever imagined, and it was my most antipacited BoK feature!

I think BoK will fund next few theatres once this hits youtube with gameplay vids!

• Upvote 2

Damn it Jason, i used to underestimate you guys a lot when the game first came out (mainly because of the guy that was leading the dev team). But HOLY Y$¨$#& that map looks freaking gorgeous, development decisions are in tune with the community (things that i used to complain about like graphic options, etc). Huge thumbs up. Only reason i haven't bought BoK yet, is because i don't have the funds right now. Overall great job,

This looks just awesome!

Like said before - the next weeks will feel way too long.

Thank you devs for your great work and Jason for the good news and the beautiful shots!

:salute:

Flo

Superb!

Gambit i will gladly donate or pay for that campaign just please start working as soon map is out!

Honestly I wasn't expecting it to look this good.

Also I think the landscape needs more "regular bushes" since seeing mostly just trees at the only vegetation is rather unrealistic

Edited by =BMAD=kirumovka

It is so greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen   :yahoo:

Green....finally green fields. No more fifty shades of brown. But why must most of the villages and small towns always be Rectangular/quadrangular? performance reasons? Looks not so realistic to me.

We live in 2017 and most of us have modern hardware....

Edited by Semor76

Green....finally green fields. No more fifty shades of brown. But why must most of the villages and small towns always be Rectangular/quadrangular? performance reasons? Looks not so realistic to me.

Because it was by this way there in WW2 times. It's still the same, also

https://www.google.com/maps/@45.175956,38.8469456,36439m/data=!3m1!1e3

Fields.jpg

• Upvote 13

Most of those villages and towns were relatively modern and a result of collectivization. They were built according to stringent plans over a short period of time.