=NVA=SunGirl

Joystick sensitivity Curve type?

Linear or Curves?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Linear or Curve IL2?

2. 2. Linear or Curve DCS?

How do most pilots here have their joystick sensitivity set up?

Linear would be most realistic, But some say using a curve gives you more control over the aircraft.

And any pilots here fly in DCS aswell and if so what do you use in that?

Edit: also what kind of stick/pedals you use would be nice to know.

Edited by =NVA=SunGirl

I have a small amount of curve in the X and Y axis, like around 15% or so. 

in IL2 Full 100% Sensitivity or Max NON Linear Curve as i dont have extension for joystick.

and with short stick you need a curve as you only moving stick 10cm to reach full deflection(20cm total throw) but in real plane like 109 it might be 20cm or more (40cm total throw)

Adding Non Linear curve in IL2 does not Remove from your Total Control Deflection Authority like in War Thunder.

Without know what joystick model people use - if is desktop, or if is extended... this pool don't make much sense.

What is good for John may not be for Peter. ;)

And in DCS this is plane related, one can adjust different curves for different planes.

Edited by Sokol1

That would be useful even in Il2. As it was for Rise of Flight. The ability to configure different curves for different planes. I would add even different key mappings or at least the ability to export / import them with ease, like in Cliffs of Dover. I hope the devs consider adding this in future updates.

Can't respond to the poll because I haven't been able to find out where/how you set up any sort of curves in BoS.  I remember seeing posts about the lack of ability to set them up on a per plane basis (as you can in RoF), but I always thought you could at least set up a curve in BoS to apply to every plane.  However, I went in for the first time tonight to try that (was hoping to put in a bit of dead zone around the middle as my joystick is jumping around a bit much when I fire) and could not find any screen in the settings/options that would let you do that.

I guess I'll start plowing through the manual tomorrow to see if it's explained somewhere - but if anybody can save me the trouble by providing an answer it would be greatly appreciated.

Can't respond to the poll because I haven't been able to find out where/how you set up any sort of curves in BoS.  I remember seeing posts about the lack of ability to set them up on a per plane basis (as you can in RoF), but I always thought you could at least set up a curve in BoS to apply to every plane.  However, I went in for the first time tonight to try that (was hoping to put in a bit of dead zone around the middle as my joystick is jumping around a bit much when I fire) and could not find any screen in the settings/options that would let you do that.

I guess I'll start plowing through the manual tomorrow to see if it's explained somewhere - but if anybody can save me the trouble by providing an answer it would be greatly appreciated.

Settings/Key Mapping/ Main Controls - you will see a little box on the RHS for a few entries, including pitch, roll and yaw. Click on it, and you get another screen with sliders for dead zone and sensitivity. Deadzone IIRC is only on the outtside, but you can get a similar effect by making your "curve" flatter in the middle.

It will then work for all aircraft, of course, and there is  no box for the throttle, unfortunately.  Not as flexible as RoF's system, but it is there.

There is a big problem with the deadzone. If you (I) map your head bow (left, right, up, down) to a ministick axis on a X55 stick, and then set deadzones to maximum because (frankly these ministicks are s**t and never center properly plus have awful noise in the signal) then the looking around with the mouse suddenly gets a „deadzone“ in the center as well, making the view stick glued to the center once you approach straight look ahead. You cannot use mouse aim anymore like that.

The deadzone set for a stick shouldn‘t apply for another input device...