w00dy

Yak-1b or Ju 52/Зm

So I'm going to buy Battle of Moscow - Premium Edition and Ten Days of Autumn in the sale. But I can't make my mind up which other collector plane to get, Yak-1b or Ju 52/Зm. I already have BOS - Premium Edition on steam so have the Fw-190 and La-5, so what would people recommend out of the Yak-1b or Ju 52/Зm?

I would say it depends on your playstyle and the type of person that you are. Do you prefer fighters or digfight action? Then the choice is obvious and the Yak is the clear winner. If you prefer the scenic view, are looking for diversity or you are more of a collector, then the Ju 52 is probably your best bet. And you already have a version of the Yak anyways.

Both! It's sale anyway :biggrin:

No really, they are in no way comparable. Ju52 is unique in its behavior and gameplay, Yak-1b is a very potent fighter (due to better prop and aerodynamic optimizations quite advanced from series 69 Yak-1).

I bought the Yak-1b last week and it's a ton of fun.

Just bought the P-40 a few minutes ago. Gotta love 6x.50 cals. :cool:

I bought the Yak-1b last week and it's a ton of fun.

Just bought the P-40 a few minutes ago. Gotta love 6x.50 cals. :cool:

You will soon learn to love and hate the P-40 at the same time.  August can't come soon enough!

As a bonus for us, it's got an RCAF skin :biggrin:

What would sinned say? :-D

• Upvote 5

It depends.

If you want something truly unique that you can fly in some fairly challenging missions in the campaign, go for the Ju 52.

If you want the easiest to fly, most effective Soviet fighter, which is great for MP but which cannot be flown in any campaign yet, choose the Yak-1b.

For MP role and combat oriented yak-1b is way to go.....

Both are unique planes but i would go for yak-1b and later you can buy ju-52, it won't run away.

I like them both but yak-1b gives a lot more usage in this sim, at least at this moment.

You will soon learn to love and hate the P-40 at the same time.  August can't come soon enough!

As a bonus for us, it's got an RCAF skin :biggrin:

Bonjour et bonne Fete St-Jean!

Yeah, the P40 is a bit of a pig, but I do like that RCAF skin. :happy:

What would sinned say? :-D

Something detrimental to my fragile sense of self-worth.

And he never wished me good flying after I bought the Yak.

Now I'm sad again...  :(

• Upvote 2

Next giveaway thread we should gift him ju52, forced gift :D

Followed by watching him complain about people not activating gifts, all the while not activating his cheeky gift from the community. :cool:  

• Upvote 3

Followed by watching him complain about people not activating gifts, all the while not activating his cheeky gift from the community. :cool:  

Oh no, let me be the a$$hole to bitch about guys not activating gift keys. There are still 2 Ju-52 gift keys I bought on December 17, 2016 that have not been activated. 

[edit: The Devs informed me that all keys have been activated...so apparently there is an issue with License Keys page of my profile. Clicking on individual Order IDs on the Order page show two Ju-52 keys not activated.]

Edited by busdriver

Touchdown!

But it wouldn't be the same without him :)

Wow have I opened a can of worms with this post

I will only use the plane for single player,as don't play MP.

Edited by w00dy

Oh no, let me be the a$$hole to bitch about guys not activating gift keys. There are still 2 Ju-52 gift keys I bought on December 17, 2016 that have not been activated. I'm looking at you Scarface1 and Raid3n!

[edit: I've submitted a ticket to regain the ability to gift those to others. Hopefully support can make that happen.]

Does it tell you if when the person activates them if you sent a key? So far everything I've gifted including a premium BoK only says key sent. I find it hard to believe someone wouldn't activate a premium BoK.

Does it tell you if when the person activates them if you sent a key? So far everything I've gifted including a premium BoK only says key sent. I find it hard to believe someone wouldn't activate a premium BoK.

The Devs say that all of the keys have been activated. Those two Ju-52 show key sent and the key field with asterisks, all the other gift keys (including two more Ju-52) actually show the license key alpha-numerics. Oh well.

I'm working on 3 more Ju-52 missions for "Pelicans" :)

So there will be 8 total in a few weeks.

I might revisit it again on the Kuban map eventually, but not before a few other Kuban related projects.

I am extremely pleased to see culprits attempts to redeem themselves by promoting.

Good work. Please continue. You have a lot of sales to meet before asking for another transport.

• Upvote 1

Hook, line, sinker! :-D

• Upvote 3

Someone thinks too highly of himself than what he is worth. :)

I just can't keep this guy on my ignore list. He's one of the funniest loons we've ever had. :)

• Upvote 1

Wow some derailing of a thread! A il2 user who is looking for good advices in planes is tainted by those who rant on another user.

Where is that double standard dude who cries admin rules only when he sees his dislikes.

Funniest loons are yourselves folks.

Well i guess it explains the genesis of a product that these loons asked for.

I personally did both, like both, fly both. Russians need a transport of this caliber as well.

To your disappointment, [edited] have a target sales to meet before that happens.

Edited by SYN_Haashashin

I love the Ju-52. It's a fun ride. I have no regerts. Really hope we get the Li-2/C-47.

• Upvote 2

Flying a C-47 in the Pacific would be a great challenge for those who enjoy the flying and navigating.  Did Daks fly supplies to Midway?

Both?

The Ju52 is fantastically put together. What a great aircraft to experience.

The Yak-1B is absolutely a killer fighter and a ton of fun to throw around the sky.

Yep go for both! 

I was one of the lucky guys who has recieved a Ju-52 as a gift and when all goes well i can purchase later the Yak-1b for myself  :biggrin: and send out a plane as a gift too! 

Someone thinks too highly of himself than what he is worth. :)

"Self love, my liege, is not so vile a sin as self neglecting."

Henry V: Scene IV: Act I

:P

• Upvote 3

I bought today ju 52 because is something different in this game. it needs a particular mind approach to have fun with, cruise speed is 240 km and make a 350 km mission could be boring, being a game I was hoping to find some strong turbolences or some enemies for going in the turret, anyway I dont regret and now is part of my collection

• Upvote 1

Well I think I will get them both.

It was going to be a late fathers present from my children and wife and didn't want them to spend much, I will get them to buy me Blazing Steppe as I am really enjoying Ten Days of Autumn. And buy the 2 planes my self, so a win win for me really. :biggrin:

• Upvote 1