Sign in to follow this  
I-Fly-Central

Bomb Fuses and Air Bursting

Should air burst bombing be added to IL-2 Battle of Stalingrad? I think so. Ultimately the developers will have to make the call, but in the interim it would be a good idea to get the discussion started. What do you think? The video attached is a short discussion I put together on the subject.  

I lke the idea of an airburst daisycutter. I also would like to use AB cluster munitions.

I lke the idea of an airburst daisycutter. I also would like to use AB cluster munitions.

AB Cluster bombs would be geared more towards troop targets. I don't believe I have seen such targets available in game as of yet, however, it would be a nice addition if such targets are present in the future. 

Fact is airburst was not a thing in WW2. The reason for that was that normal bombs are falling to fast for the fuse to explode in time. The germans tryed it in test but came to the conclusion that the time for the fuse to react was to long ( 0,2 - 0,1 sec. ) and whit that your bomb would eighter explode to early or to late but only in seldome cases at the exact hight you want it to explode. There were simpler ways to explode the bombs at the right hight if realy needed.post-385-0-99110200-1499091084_thumb.jpg