Sign in to follow this  
Felix58

Saitek Throttle Quadrant

Appreciate that it is not an issue singular to il2.  But since the recent Win10 update, my Saitek Throttle Quadrant is not recognised.  Have unloaded the drivers and tried reinstall but when the instructions say to connect the quadrant it does not recognise it.  The quadrant power light goes off if that is any help.  

Appreciate any advice on this, thx.

If your recent Windows update is the Creator's update, then this might be the reason. I read somewere else in the forum, that there are some issues with it, like not recognizing controllers, IIRC.

I run the quadrant and the X52.

The only issue I sometimes have is that if the controls are not set too 100% prior to start up (87 series Pe2 especially), the RPM control will only need to be used from 0 - 50% on the quadrant.

I hope that makes sense...

• Upvote 1

Hm, sometimes you have to point manually to the correct drivers first - had that kind of problem with my Saitek-stuff, too. Has been some month ago, solution was to check the hardware-devices-list, find the problematic or not fully recognized usb-device(s) and manually select a proper drivers. If you choose to select one manually AND the usb-device is one from Saitek, Windows will present you one or two relevant driver-sets for that Saitek-hardware, you choose one, installed, ready. After this procedure the hardware was recognized by the recent Saitek (today: Logitech-) driver-update-software, too.

Edited by 216th_Retnek

Just to recap -

Problem - When installing Saitek driver, the USB does not recognise the device when plugged in.

Solution - Device manager, Identify the Saitek Quadrant, Update Driver, manually select Universal Serial Bus Device - not the Saitek driver. 

• Upvote 1

Fel1x I'm glad I came across your post. I had this problem today after updating my hardware.

Just to recap -

Problem - When installing Saitek driver, the USB does not recognise the device when plugged in.

Solution - Device manager, Identify the Saitek Quadrant, Update Driver, manually select Universal Serial Bus Device - not the Saitek driver.