Han

Developer Diary, Part 158 - Discussion

Hello everybody,
while the German bomber of the Battle of Kuban plane set is already available to customers who pre-purchased the new theater of war, today we'll show you the first screenshots of the Soviet one. This is the US-made bomber A-20B, these aircraft were sent to USSR since December 1942 via the lend-lease program. 
On these screenshots, you can see Tushino airfield on the Moscow map which differs from the airfield you have in the sim now significantly. That's right - it was made using the new technique which we use for Battle of Kuban, all the airfields on the Moscow map will be remade using it in the next update 2.011.
We made good progress in Battle of Kuban development across all departments. We'll be giving you regular reports on the work progress during the Summer, and today we can show you WIP screenshot of the Soviet submarine 'Type Sch':

Full news - here is a full text and visual materials
You're very welcome to subscribe for new videos here
You can ask new questions in this thread
  • Upvote 12

<<< On these screenshots, you can see Tushino airfield on the Moscow map which differs from the airfield you have in the sim now significantly. That's right - it was made using the new technique which we use for Battle of Kuban, all the airfields on the Moscow map will be remade using it in the next update 2.011.>>>

Excellent, very excited about the above!

Ohboyohboyohboyohboy the A-20B! I am super excited for that beautiful piece of engineering! She is looking fantastic so far! =D

Nice! Things are looking good  :salute:

is the master server down? i cant get in

Same here

The A-20 is going to bring a lot of fun. Thanks! :salute:

WOW! Didnt know we would get subs! Nice!

Btw, anyone knows how the A20 compares to the Pe2 in terms of speed and climb ?

Great to finally see the A-20 in game, looks lovely, finally something to start getting really excited about.  :cool:

Sub looks superb also, finally something something else to show the sea tech is developing. :salute:

Wishing you all the very best, Pete. :biggrin:

DAAAAAAAAAAAMN!!!!!!! That A-20 looks awesome! Gets me even more excited for Midway with some more American radials!

Boston,my prrrrrescious :)

Schtchuka,krasivaya podvodnaya lodka ;)

Ooooh my goodness - That A20 is looking magnificent, it will be the bird that brings my boom-loving bomber heart over to the Reds.

is the master server down? i cant get in

fixed

• Upvote 3

You guys at 1CGS/777 are just kicking ass six ways from Sunday lately!

Very very nice shots.

The Boston is going to be cool.

One question: Since the bombsight has to be controlled by the pilot in this sim, what role will the bombardier have aboard the A-20, will there be anything at all for him to do? Are you even planning on modeling the bombardier position?

Good news!

I'm definitely going to fly this puppy a lot!

The airfields and the subs are also very welcome.

Imagine what these guys could do if they had the kind of backing that games like Star Citizen garner!  This team is succeeding in doing what is necessary for our community to thrive. :salute:

• Upvote 1

The A 20 alone is worth the money I spent on all the BO(x) I am really looking forward to it. Many thanks, the model look amazing 

My favorite American bomber is B-26, but A-20 will do just fine as a replacement. Looking forward to it  :salute:

Nice to see some sea stuff also, sub looks great!

can't wait!

finally allies bomber with serious bomb load, but Kuban map alongside career mode is mine biggest anticipation....less than two months to go  :biggrin: .

this year will be so great for il2 box customers.

I'm amazed with development speed and quality of updates, keep up the good work!

My favorite American bomber is B-26, but A-20 will do just fine as a replacement. Looking forward to it

I feel the same.

:salute:

Here's probably one of the most stupid questions you guys ever read but I'm only trying to learn something here.

Where are the gunners and their guns in the A20? I only see the forward firing guns, not the ones on board, I also see a window in the back but without a turret.

Could anybody here enlighten me please?

:salute: