BlackSix

Pre-Order New Historical Campaign "Blazing Steppe"

Dear Friends,

Our first historical campaign Ten Days of Autumn was warmly welcomed by the community, so we decided to continue development of more Scripted Campaigns. We've kept the promise we made earlier and dedicate this next work to the Soviet Air Force in the Stalingrad skies of 1942.

We are proud to announce that today we begin accepting Pre-Orders of the new historical Campaign "Blazing Steppe" for IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad.

blazing_steppe_preorder_.png

This campaign is set during the early stages of the Stalingrad battle when the German XIV Panzer Corps breached through to the Volga River and the Luftwaffe unleashed all of its might on the civilian districts and defense lines of the city. To compensate for the heavy losses the 8th Air Army suffered during the Summer, Soviet High Command started to move all available reserves, including air regiments and air defense forces personnel to the Stalingrad area in the middle of August. You will be the second-in-command squadron officer of the 11th IAP (fighter regiment) that just arrived at the front line, in the thick of the unraveling air battle.

The campaign consists of 15 missions created using modern historical research and scientific works, including war maps and documents from the archives. Based on users' feedback, we reworked the flight path tracking and main goal completion mechanics significantly, so completing the missions should become more convenient, especially on the Expert difficulty level. Blazing Steppe is scheduled to be released in June 2017.

RU_C01_S01.jpg RU_C01_S02.jpg

RU_C01_S03.jpg RU_C01_S04.jpg

RU_C01_S05.jpg RU_C01_S06.jpg

RU_C01_S07.jpg RU_C01_S08.jpg

By Pre-Ordering, you'll get a special 6th IAK PVO skin for the Yak-1 series 69.

Yak-1_White-25_01.jpg Yak-1_White-25_02.jpg

The IL-2 Sturmovik Team

• Upvote 16

Ordered, looking forward to it!

Any news about the AI wingman bug in latest patch, it`s making completing SP missions pretty hard?

Looks great, but fighters do nnot interest me, any campaigns containing Bombers or ground pounders in general would be greatly aprechiated 

• Upvote 6

Any news about the AI wingman bug in latest patch, it`s making completing SP missions pretty hard?

Sorry, I can't answer. I don't create missions for the BIG campaign.

In my missions AI wingmans have no any problems, I constantly control this moment

• Upvote 1

Ow! Stop twisting my rubber arm!

Ordered.

Edited by Beazil

Great will Pre-Order when I get home tonight, thanks BlackSix :)

Ordered, looking forward to it!

Salutations... and yes the AI wingmen are still bugged in the current patch. So expect mission problems.

In my missions AI wingmans have no any problems, I constantly control this moment

Salutations,

I can answer... the AI wingman problem is still extant. I just tested several of my SP missions... the AI wingman simply follow the lead or player craft like a puppy. They respond to no orders. They are basically useless. Expect problems until the Devs get around to fixing the AI.

Hi BS... I'm flying your campaign at the moment, and I can confirm that the AI in my flight will not respond to any command except changes in formation :(

Salutations,

I can answer... the AI wingman problem is still extant. I just tested several of my SP missions... the AI wingman simply follow the lead or player craft like a puppy. They respond to no orders. They are basically useless. Expect problems until the Devs get around to fixing the AI.

Hi BS... I'm flying your campaign at the moment, and I can confirm that the AI in my flight will not respond to any command except changes in formation :(

Thanks, we'll check it tomorrow. I did most of the tests in the 2,009 version, maybe I'm wrong and didn't notice the problems with the player's wingman in 2.010

• Upvote 4

Pre-ordered!

"Ten Days of Autumn" was fun to play and I enjoyed it very much. So this one is definetly a "no brainer" for me. Thank you BlackSix for thinking at single-players too!!

Thanks, we'll check it tomorrow. I did most of the tests in the 2,009 version, maybe I'm wrong and didn't notice the problems with the player's wingman in 2.010

Blacksix, the problem is since the 2.010 patch. If you have access to the beta forum, have a look on the report bug from the public version (it's post from Mastiff about the IL2). I talked about that. Only leader do the action, wingmen follow and do nothing. ;)

Pre-ordered - I'm confident the devs will have fixed whatever bug is happening with the AI not following orders by the time this thing is released.

Maybe some cash infusion will make it possible to churn out the new skin pack for RoF on the sly :)

Pre-ordered - I'm confident the devs will have fixed whatever bug is happening with the AI not following orders by the time this thing is released.

Maybe some cash infusion will make it possible to churn out the new skin pack for RoF on the sly :)

I agree. The dev will fix it asap.

Preordered. Looking forward to final version of this campaign.

Unfortunately, this is not alone issue in last patch. For example the tail gunners do not vote for the enemy.

Ordered.  I have literally everything else both for BoX and RoF, so I can't break up the set.

• Upvote 1

I have never missed a preorder yet nor do I intend to,even though it meant biking as few km to get an emergency prepaid card for it......

so worth though because this sim beats the dickens out of EVERYTHING yet to be shown to me

• Upvote 1