Han

Game version 2.010 discussion: IL-2-43, New graphics features

Update 2.010

Dear pilots,

Our work on the update 2.010 is finished and we present it to you. The main feature of this update is IL-2 Sturmovik mod. 

News on 2.010 update, full text

You can ask new questions in this thread

• Upvote 13

sounds awesome...just downloaded and cant wait to try it out later....i gotta say, that im not only impressed with the pace you guys bring out new patches, but also, that every patch seems to have considerable improvements over the other, and most of all, that you listen to the community, and revisit issues that arised during changes....thx for the damage model fix, and also 20mm improvements...you guys rock...

• Upvote 1

Awesome stuff guys, can't wait to try it out! :)

Lots of cool little details to look for this time.

Wow guys,

Really impressive. It's very nice to have a new aircraft every month, but the amount of fixes to the base game boggles the mind. 

Will try the new Il-2 tonight. Can't wait!

Grt M

Hi Lads,

I new in IL-2 could you tell my how download the update?

Just start the game as usual and it will update itself.

• Upvote 1

I continue to be flabergasted with the rate this game is updated, you de best Devs and Jason.

Awesome sounding update, thanks very much!

Looking forward to trying out the new anisotropic filtering and also the new mirror for the Yak-1b.

Thank you all very much!

Looking forward to the '43 Il2.

Also it amazing that you have paid so much attention to the detail of the damage model.  Simmers can be very demanding, but I am pleased that you have gone beyond what was already an mind-blowingly good, in putting in this work and continuing to refine the FM/DM etc.

Well, I have to wait to coming home from work to try the update  :(

Woop woop!

Very nice update. I'm going to have to skip the gym today.

All changes sound good!!

I'm temporarily living in a hotel and my PC has no internet so I've been playing offline. I will be going out to buy a WiFi adapter just for this :)

Well, I have to wait to coming home from work to try the update  :(

Same here but what a nice surprise!  Well done Han and the Team :salute:

Did a quick test and looks like that new landscape filtering is doing good job with reducing shimmering.

Options are sharp and blurred, what are exactly differences between these two? I take that sharp is higher quality setting?

• Upvote 1

Particles problem bug from before has come back again for me. Radeon Rx480 graphics card. 

Awesome job with the patch and thanks for all the changes.

Edited by B0SS

Particles problem bug from before has come back again for me. Radeon Rx480 graphics card. 

Just update your graphics driver. 

Another great update. The landscape anisotropic filtering and tweaks to clouds make the game look more beautiful than ever. Landscapes look stunning - I've been using SweetFx sharpening with sparse grid SS x4. May experiment now with dropping back to x2, and see if I can get a performance boost too.

Amazing progress on a whole range of niggling minor 'issues' over the last few months. Thanks for the dedication to continually improve existing features even as we go forward into new territories.

Just update your graphics driver. 

Maybe it would be good to put an Info in fat above the update text so it does not lead to confusion.

Beautiful..

Would love of someone with tacview could upload a flick on Youtube or similar where BoS is used.

Anyone?

Did a quick test and looks like that new landscape filtering is doing good job with reducing shimmering.

Options are sharp and blurred, what are exactly differences between these two? I take that sharp is higher quality setting?

Very happy with this fix. With sharp option shimmering is almost completely gone.Nearly invisible. Compared to what was before it is a huge improvement.

Mirrors work great and I have no fps drops with option set to complex.

New IL-2 is a beast and I am sure it will be a new favorite for our ground pounding friends. PTAB bomblets and 37 mm high rate of fire cannons in the same loadout. Panzer colums will be wrecked.

post-12212-0-59857300-1494508095_thumb.jpg

ok, briefly tested it offline...all nice improvements!

i always thought that the tree shadows were too pale...now with them having more strength, the forests really do look a lot better. love it

the landscape anti-aliasing feature is really nice...makes the whole map look much smoother

the hit effects....awesome! looks MUCH MUCH better now, and a nice sideeffect of it is, that you now better see when you hit with machineguns...makes my aiming slightly more effective i think...also i love, that when planes now impact into the ground, that the explosions are not delayed anymore...

and the damage model improvement for the 109 and 190...well i will need to test this online later...but from the short little test offline, it seems that now we again have a believable simulation in this regard...

thx for this update!