Sign in to follow this  
3./JG15_Hans

German armament NOT underpowered?

This is a nice exemple of hitting a target with what was suppose to be the most deadly armament in the game

• Upvote 3

I'm not a fan of this discussion because it has been beaten to death and it also turns into fanboy wars pretty quickly.

However, as someone who tries to fly both sides pretty evenly, i do feel that either the german guns are slightly undermodeled or the soviet planes take more damage than they should, especially german 20mm.

No, i wasnt there in WWII and I dont have time to do research or gather evidence. Sometimes some things are more obvious and dont pass the smell test.

PS: the IL2 is especially difficult, even with 4*20mm on the fw190. Although, it wasn't calle the flying tank for no reason.

Edited by Jade_Monkey
  • Upvote 3

Oh Goodie, another productive thread in this much beloved subject.

Edit: I have no dog in the fight, I just think that if there's an issue - it will be dealt with.

This isn't Oleg days, be sure!

Edited by Gambit21
  • Upvote 4

Salutations,

I think some of it depends on where the hits take place on the craft and the type of target struck. The IL2 Sturmovik, in this example, can be a tough nut to crack. It was nicknamed the flying tank after all.

Although, I have seen them completely blow up with single strong burst in the right place before. :salute:

Well that didn't take long for the usual suspects to turn this thread into a cesspool.  The whine is strong in this one.

• Upvote 3

Thats clearly a Bug or something very wrong..

Just those impacts to tail would make the il2 unstable but it dont even wobble..

There is no way those hits worked or were counted properly

• Upvote 1

I hit a P-40 the other day with a single 20mm hit from a low frontal pass and it exploded like a bomb, so it does happen.  Don't let that get in the way of another pissing match though.

• Upvote 3

JAGER squad should fly in the Stalinwood coffins for a while.  

We did...pretty easy mode, if you have the energy. Those russian guns are lasers lol

Oh Goodie, another productive thread in this much beloved subject.

Edit: I have no dog in the fight, I just think that if there's an issue - it will be dealt with.

This isn't Oleg days, be sure!

Well said.

I'm not a fan of this discussion because it has been beaten to death and it also turns into fanboy wars pretty quickly.

However, as someone who tries to fly both sides pretty evenly, i do feel that either the german guns are slightly undermodeled or the soviet planes take more damage than they should, especially german 20mm.

No, i wasnt there in WWII and I dont have time to do research or gather evidence. Sometimes some things are more obvious and dont pass the smell test.

PS: the IL2 is especially difficult, even with 4*20mm on the fw190. Although, it wasn't calle the flying tank for no reason.

Agree with you.

Thats clearly a Bug or something very wrong..

Just those impacts to tail would make the il2 unstable but it dont even wobble..

There is no way those hits worked or were counted properly

The problem is that this "bug" happens very often...happened to me in many ocasions. :(

• Upvote 1

We did...pretty easy mode, if you have the energy. Those russian guns are lasers lol

lol

You flew 4 sorties back in January and you got 1 kill and 2 deaths.  You have a really creative definition for "easy mode".  

How about if you fly VVS any time the sides are stacked instead of always flying German.

• Upvote 4

I guess my sarcasm was lost to the written word.

lol

You flew 4 sorties back in January and you got 1 kill and 2 deaths. You have a really creative definition for "easy mode".

How about if you fly VVS any time the sides are stacked instead of always flying German.

Good point. Right in the face.
  • Upvote 3

lol

You flew 4 sorties back in January and you got 1 kill and 2 deaths.  You have a really creative definition for "easy mode".  

Check last year...and also, you're refering to Wings of Liberty. You can go to other servers like Berloga to try the DM and FM out, which always have a quick action. You just cut the entire tail section of a 109 with a small burst and turns it into a cigar.... If you are for some reason anoyed with us flying german all the time, it's part of our appliance to JAGER squadron. You must fly german (or any axis), either in the golden age of Stalingrad (which the germans SHOULD have the far superiority) or the dark days of 1944, when G6 was the workhorse and the allies had far superior planes like the P51 and Yak 3, so that you master the weapons. Maybe then I'll be the one in easy mode and you will be the one showing the wrongs with DM, hey?  :biggrin:

See you guys around. 

Good point. Right in the face.

Uuh...acidic

Edited by JAGER_Hans

If you are for some reason anoyed with us flying german all the time, it's part of our appliance to JAGER squadron. You must fly german...

That's adorable.  You virtual-germans are so cute! 

• Upvote 3

Hi Jager_Hans

Really nice shoting. Unafortunally i cant see how this history ends. Tell me.

This il2 dont be killed on next 30 seconds  because lost all controls ??? do you remember .

thx.

I ask, because i have the oposite sensation..... only need 3/4 good shots on my il2 tail, for lost controls and go to ground like a stone.

:)

• Upvote 1

Hi Jager_Hans

This il2 dont be killed on next 30 seconds  because lost all controls ??? do you remember .

thx.

I ask, because i have the oposite sensation..... only need 3/4 good shots on my il2 tail, for lost controls and go to ground like a stone.

It just didn't take any damage. This video is from Ace Han, a very good pilot in IL-2.

Hi Jager_Hans

thx.

The IL-2 was suppose to be very resistant to damage, but not THAT resistant. That said, the real problem is when you hit a LAGG beyond belief and it still turns like a SU27...or a PE2 that takes more bunishment than a B17. In the old days, german 20mms did way more damage than they do now.

Yes be fair, if someone wants a virtual 109 squadron that's their call and they do have a point, HE hits often seem to just create a harmless puff of smoke. The reason given for this is that the he simulated damage includes fragmentation effects, and the German HE rounds have a thinner casing

That said, the real problem is when you hit a LAGG beyond belief and it still turns like a SU27...or a PE2 that takes more bunishment than a B17.

The hyperbole is strong with this one.

Maybe then I'll be the one in easy mode and you will be the one showing the wrongs with DM, hey? 

It's priceless that you think flying the fastest, best climbing, and best diving aircraft in the game isn't easy mode. I usually fly on the side with fewer people. 90% of the time that is VVS. You should give it a try. I guarantee you it isn't easy mode. In fact, what few stats you have on WoL flying VVS show that it wasn't so easy for you.

• Upvote 1

It's priceless that you think flying the fastest, best climbing, and best diving aircraft in the game isn't easy mode. I usually fly on the side with fewer people. 90% of the time that is VVS. You should give it a try. I guarantee you it isn't easy mode. In fact, what few stats you have on WoL flying VVS show that it wasn't so easy for you.

I think your words are falling on deaf ears. In the minds of some of them, they are clearly the best virtual pilots that have ever played an online combat simulation, heroically overcoming all of the laughingly superior uber-easy kill-button VVS aircraft, and it is only by raw skill and sheer force of will that allows them to carry on....If their target doesn't blow up in their face every time, it must be historically inaccurate;  If somebody shoots them down, then the other guys guns must be ridiculously overpowered;  If they get shot up by the turret of a Pe2, it is impossible for a Russian fighter pilot to understand, because when attacking a Heinkel or Stuka, Yaks and Laggs never get hit, and if they do, they just shrug it off!  You can't possibly understand how much some of these Luftwaffe guys suffer! :wacko:

Edited by Iceworm
  • Upvote 3

Hi all,

Jason already answered about this in another topic, here: https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/24965-video-test-20mm/?p=468274

I agree with him when he says:

first, I’m going to say this again. Stop disrespecting the team. We do not ignore our users or your complaints. Sometimes, we either cannot act on something or we disagree that action is needed, but we never truly ignore.

I see some members behave this way in this topic as well, also some disrespect other members which its not welcome neither. See a lot rule breaking, both sides of the "discussion"

Im locking this one since there is an official answer at the topic I link above and because it wont end right the way it has evolve.

If someone think Im not been fair, Im more than happy to discuss it over PM.

Haash

• Upvote 6