smink1701

Wish list ...

Now that TFS has the code I hope they will provide the following

Toggle labels / messages 

Set and save cockpit view like BOM

Independent zoom so zoom outside doesn't effect cockpit view

Others ...?

• Upvote 1

Probably being to picky but a cleaner, more modern menu system would be welcome. With all the graphical improvements, its the only real give away to the game's age.  I especially hate the horrid "midi" style piano music that plays whenever the game kicks in.

Otherwise, cockpit animations not locked to 1 fps (or whatever it is).

I especially hate the horrid "midi" style piano music that plays whenever the game kicks in.

LOL! Turn OFF music in Sound options, or delete/replace the music file in game folder. :)

Independent zoom so zoom outside doesn't effect cockpit view

The game has two kinds of "zoom", one affects only inside cockpit for look at instruments, but the FOV "zoom" adjust affect all.

Workaround suggestion: add the same key for "Inside view" (F1)  - VIEW category - for FOV 90 or 70 or 30 in CAMERA category.

In this way no matter what are the zoom outside, when you get back for inside will be in the chosen zoom (FOV).

For add a key/button - without change the "default" key, for some command click in NEW.

There's no restriction of numbers of keys/buttons for a given function.

But one key can be used only one time per category.

In the above suggestion are using the same key (F1) for two different category of controls (VIEW and CAMERA).

This rule is not applicable to axis, what prevents certain exploit/cheaters - each axis can be used only for one function.

The axis can be used for another function only if associated to a key/button modifier, what don't result practical due axis "freeze" in position when release that key/button.

BTW- Any key or joystick button can be added as modifier for another key/button.

Edited by Sokol1

Single Player campaign done by Thomas Voss included for "Sands of Tobruk"!!! :- )

417SqnTunisiaApril1943Spits.jpg

Edited by YoYo

Better human models

Better? Cant imagine:

ChannelBa_aapxnhx.jpg

Support for "SimShaker for Aviators" (for using with the Gametrix "Jet Seat"). This beats all other force-feedback type systems hands-down.

Zoom pilots FOV to an axis. Its the only reason I dont play CLOD. Aside from my stuttering issue.

• Upvote 1

Zoom pilots FOV to an axis. Its the only reason I dont play CLOD. Aside from my stuttering issue.

Zoom in Axis is done since version 4.0 of Team Fusion. You are late 2 years ;)

About the "suttering", you need to elaborate more and to display your specs if you seek assistance on it.

Zoom in Axis is done since version 4.0 of Team Fusion. You are late 2 years ;)

About the "suttering", you need to elaborate more and to display your specs if you seek assistance on it.

where is it, I can not get that to work with my slider on the x52..

• Upvote 1

where is it, I can not get that to work with my slider on the x52..

Lolsav confuse things, TF added FOV "zoom" support in keys/buttons (FOV +, FOV -) - previous the game only allow "zoom" in mouse or TrackIR Y axis - not in joystick axes, buttons or keys.

But you can use this X-52 slider (that use not so good pot') for this, be making their axis emulate mouse Y axis movement trough Saitek SST software, or Joy2key. Like interested people did previous to TF changes.

But still a good reason to "I dont play CLOD"  like said in previous post - and neither worry about CloD forums. ;)

Edited by Sokol1

I dont think i confuse things. I have a smooth zoom on my mini mouse stick, which is a axis.

You need to set a "Hold to adjust Field of View" and then use the mini mouse stick of X52.

My Setup is quite easy, i use the "E" on the Hotas, which is also assigned for brakes, and then use the mini stick. The speed of zoom can be adjusted in config file also.

In use: With my left finger índex i press "E" and my thumb i control the mini stick. One hand does it all and still keep control of the throtle.

Edited by Lolsav

Yes and not. :)

What you are using is the default CloD "zoom" in mouse axes, possible since the release*: press mouse button or key or joy button and move mouse back and forth.

X52 mouse mini-stick is indeed axes, but mouse axes, is seem by games different from joystick analog axis (1).

What complainers want is map zoom direct in analog axis, e.g. X-52 thumb slider or X-55/G-940/TmW rotarie.

Ways to "zoom" always are, but since is not the way they want, is "broken".  :rolleyes:  

(1) To exemplify this different kind of axis (mouse/joystick): I can't map mouse axis movements to control throttle, because there game expected the use of analog axis.

TF add "zoom" (FOV +, -) in keys or buttons in 2013.

* Here 2011 suggestion to use Joy2Key for emulate the default mouse zoom in joystick buttons (can be in axes) - previous to TF mod.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=254109&postcount=15

BTW - Joy2Key is alternative, necessary only for generic joysticks, the mentioned HOTAS can use their own software.

Edited by Sokol1

Mastiff did mention the X52.. and it is possible in the mini stick, which is a "axis" :)

Edited by Lolsav

Personally I dream of a cockpit and a flight model for the Condor or the Short Sunderland or even a flyable HE 115 with appropriate missions.

Have you seen the Wellington 'pit?

004_wpit_55_zpsxkrogrmq.jpg

Doesn't look too shabby :salute:  

• Upvote 1

Yes, some pilot scale looks a bit off, especially in the 109.

What complainers want is map zoom direct in analog axis, e.g. X-52 thumb slider or X-55/G-940/TmW rotarie.

This is why I prefer IL2 BoX over CloD if people like you keep disregarding our wishes as "complainers". I have it set up that way in all my other games, why should i require some external program or special key combo to get it done here? No thanks. I bought the game just like you.

Edited by Field-Ops

This is why I prefer IL2 BoX over CloD if people like you keep disregarding our wishes as "complainers". I have it set up that way in all my other games, why should i require some external program or special key combo to get it done here? No thanks. I bought the game just like you.

Prefer all you want. Everybody thinks everybody is a complainer.

Support for "SimShaker for Aviators" (for using with the Gametrix "Jet Seat"). This beats all other force-feedback type systems hands-down.

Yes, yes, yes please.  Support for "SimShaker for Aviators" and the Gametrix force feedback seat would be great, great, great!  Come on TFS, you know it makes sense :salute: 

Happy landings,

56RAF_Talisman

I wish for a Quick Mission Builder like we had in old IL2, great for those of us with little free time to set up some quick off-line fun and practice.... 

Set and save cockpit view like BOM

Much needed ! I'm really getting tired by the pilot leaning away from the gunsight in the Ju87 !!!

If default cockpit view can't be tweaked, please at least set it centered in the cockpit !

Also I wish a better freedom of movement when looking around. The bombardier/observer position in the He111 is quite useless since you are limited to observe what is in front of you !

• Upvote 1

Well you put zoom as your only reason not to fly cod, witch I think is odd, but you corrected yourself in this second post.

It is not really cod´s loss but your own. I have issues with my control setup in cod. If that was not the case I probably fly cod more than Box. For little more reasons than zoom. 

Any sim need motivated players, here and there. So there is no real loss if people refuse to fly any of the two

+1...eagerly awaiting VR for BoX and hopefully CLoD.

VR.

:)

++1

Well I think VR is plausible, I know nothing about VR and how it works, but as TFS have said they will upgrade to DX 11 and then the way to VR should be considerable shorter. It took a while for BOX dev team made it there. So I guess patience is in order

- Zoom on axis (direct binding without external software)

- Refine FMs

- Fluid cockpit animations

- cleaned up HUD

- better structured controll settings (getting lost there each time)

- improved loading times

- shader optimisations (tweak the blueish gloss on aircraft)

- higher resolution textures for external aircraft models

- pilot PoV save option

- possebility to refuel and rearm on the airfield

Edited by 6./ZG26_5tuka

These are for the PvP missons.

1. ability to add "kill" tags to your aircraft, that is if you are able to get it back to a  friendly base....  if the plane is destroyed... you start again...  This is to reward players for not being suicidal and act with a little more care.

2. Allow external view when at the base, parked and engine off option.    Being able to check out the aircraft damage for those "I escaped!!"  screenies would be nice.

3. Inbuilt VOIP with some radio channels...

thanks for the hard work..

• Upvote 1

A rework of the quick Mission settings, I would realy like to have the possibility to simply choose a "free flight" from an airbase. Start the engines, take off and cruise around.

Similar to the old il2 1946 and il2 BOX. 

I dont want to start always in midair 

A rework of the quick Mission settings, I would realy like to have the possibility to simply choose a "free flight" from an airbase. Start the engines, take off and cruise around.

Thing is that CloD don't have a Quick Mission Builder like IL2:46 or lL2:BoS - but only pre-defined Quick Missions with few options to set:

Time of Day, Clouds (nothing or few) and plane type - but not sides (air force) or location (airbase), nor leadout, fuel.

So really need is a Quick Mission Builder.

• Upvote 2

- Refine FMs

All of the FMs are going to be extensively reworked for TF 4.5 now that the atmosphere density bug has been found and eliminated. Other than the handling at high altitudes I personally dont see anything fundamentally wrong with them though.

- Fluid cockpit animations

Care to elaborate on this? What animations specifically?

- cleaned up HUD

The HUD is as cleaned up as you make it. CloD lets you customize what you see on your screen in terms of information.

- better structured controll settings (getting lost there each time)

Not sure if that is on TF's radar. It definitely is cluttered but you dont need an aweful many controls set up to get started.

- improved loading times

Loading times on a modern PC are round about the same as with BoX in my experience. Also keep in mind that CloD supports a lot of units to be placed on the map at the same time which can cause longer load times.

- shader optimisations (tweak the blueish gloss on aircraft)

Havent noticed a blueish gloss myself, maybe it's connected to your monitor setup? 

- higher resolution textures for external aircraft models

CloD currently supports 2048x2048 aircraft textures, not sure if 4K textures are planned for the future.

- pilot PoV save option

Not sure if that is being considered.

- possebility to refuel and rearm on the airfield

This is already possible online on the ATAG server through mission scripting. Only applies for onboard weaponry though, bombs cannot be rearmed via the script. You'll have to take a new plane for that.

Edited by JG4_Karaya