Sign in to follow this  
deernads88

Just bought BoS a couple hours ago... Can't play.

My installation just finished. I launched the game and entered my credentials. I hit "Enter" it start to load and then bring up a dialogue box saying "#2: Your connection to the Master-Server was temporarily lost. Please check your internet connection". Any help to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

Salutations,

Assuming you entered the correct credentials... ff you have Nvidia Experience... completely delete it and try again.

I once had somewhat the same problem... but the game would load with a second attempt. After deleting Nividia Experience this problem disappeared.

Edited by Thad

I'd be surprised if graphics driver problems would result in a connectivity error.

just try again. That happens, though rarely, from time to time

I don't think it was the driver... it was the Nvidia software.

Regardless, after I deleted it, my problem ceased.

I'm running AMD so Nvidia software wouldn't be it. I just tried to login again with no success. Are there any ports that I should open? Just assuming from the error it must be a connection issue, right? I do have an update for my video card. I will update and let you guys know what happens.

Edit: I just updated and restarted my system. I launcher IL-2 in Admin mode. Tried logging in, no luck. I'm stumped.

Edited by deernads88

Exit and try to restart the game.

By the way... can you start the game in OFFLINE mode?

Are you starting the game with the launcher.exe?

Try starting it with the IL2.exe and Run As Administrator.

If this works... try to once again restart the the game with launcher.exe. It is the application that runs any future game updates. So it is preferable.

Finally, something may have gone wrong during the installation process. Completely remove the game along with all of its folders and re-install.

Edited by Thad

I cannot start in Offline mode. It requires to login online at least once for profile data. I ha been running the launcher.exe in Administrator. I just tried running IL2.exe, with no luck. The last thing I want to have to do is reinstall, it took me forever the first time.

Yes, make it an exception.

Does your ISP (internet provider)
Allow connections to Mutliplayer games,
Allow connections to Russia,

Are you able to log into IL2 Website ok and access your profile page.

Whe you get the msg have you tried just clicking it again or just closed launcher?

Yes my ISP does allow connections to multiplayer game, and I'm pretty sure Russia too. I am able to login to both the site and forum with no difficulty. Ive launcher the game in a multitude of different ways. IL2.exe, Launcher.exe, Desktop icon, Start menu icon. I have run the game in and out of Administrator mode. I am at a loss.

Really strange, what could that be.

I wish i could help, i tried to log in with a wrong pw but i get another message then you get so this is not a case of wrong pw.

Sry for not being able to help you, i hope you get it working somehow, good luck.

I paid $50 for a game I can't even log into. I can't play offline because it requires that I log in at least once. Not to mention it took me almost 4 hours to install 5.27gb at 150-400kb/s. A waste of money and time. I appreciate all the help, but nothing seems to work.

Edited by deernads88

Don't give up quite so easily. Send a ticket to support and keep flogging this thread. We'll get you up and running one way or another. It's worth it.

I won't. I'm determined to get it working. I have been watching flight videos and combat videos. I'm super stoked to play IL-2. I uninstalled and am currently reinstalling, 1.34gb/5.27... I'll get back to you guys when it's done. And again thanks for all the help!

Edit: I finished my reinstall late last night. Still no luck logging in.

Edited by deernads88

Grasping for solution here. Has you game key been activated?

Did you buy the game direct or through Steam. I bought my IL2 games direct and each time they were automatically activated. It seems one has to get an activation key number from Steam and then enter it into you specific profile.

Edited by Thad

Make sure your internet router has the correct ports open. I didnt have any trouble with mine but in the days of Il2 1946 on my old router i had to open the ports within the router to allow MP connections. 

I purchased my copy through a site called g2a.

I have a suspicion this may be the problem. There have been issues with third-party sites reselling used or stolen license keys.

That would be unfortunate. It let me activate the key on the IL-2 website, ergo it hasn't been used and not stolen. Just my thoughts.

You could try contacting customer support, providing full details (https://il2sturmovik.com/support/) though I suspect they may tell you that the license isn't valid, and you should get your money back from g2a. It is quite likely that what you bought, even if it is legitimate, is a 'starter version' of BoS only ever sold in Russia, which initially locks most of the aircraft - it isn't the same as the BoS sold elsewhere. If you want BoS, and don't want to risk being ripped off, you should either buy it from this website, or from Steam. 

Guest deleted@30725

I guess you could make sure you run the game as an administrator if not running via steam.

Their support is pretty good, normally takes a day or so to reply because time zone, but they've fixed a bunch of issues I've had in the past.

I don't know how good your computer / networking knowledge is, but here is an article that might help you figure out what's going on http://smallbusiness.chron.com/server-connection-timeout-mean-71381.html

Edited by deleted@30725