curiousGamblerr

Last Night On TAW, including Ju 52 paradrop

A few moments from TAW last night, including a five ship Ju 52 paradrop mission. Big thanks to all involved, especially CorZero for pathfinding for the Ju 52s in the hazy weather.

• Upvote 4

Gents,

Just a pity after such a long flight in those Ju52, that it still wasn't enough to capture the airfield.

I really enjoyed the flight(s) with you guys, so cheers for having me along.

Nice to be able to use the 52 in an organised para drop.

Regards

Edited by Haza

Hey guys, I am so happy you enjoy flying Tante Ju and drop Paras!

Also, thank VonGambler to post a link on the Junkers 52 Fan Club topic!

By the way, how does this works? I red TAW briefing but I did not understood what to do.

I understood that we have to deliver cargo to repair damaged airfield, but How we know a airfield is damaged?

About the paras, it is meant for capturing airfields? the "white" one on the map? 

thank you for your answers!

Very cool. Nice vide and flying.

May I ask what software you use to record and edit?

Do you use the in game recorder and then record the playback later with a third party program?

I'd like to do some simple videos like this but haven't been able to convince myself to put in the work to get it up and running lol

the airfield damage percent 50%/means 30 percent capture chance for troopers. 100% damage/ means 80 percent chance to capture airfield. In all chases it needs 60 troopers for the capture chance event to start. I believe. Also Ithink but not sure that 50% damage is minimum needed for paradrop chance, but that may not be true

• Upvote 1

by the way airfield damage is displayed on the official TAW website forgot to say that

• Upvote 1

Very cool. Nice vide and flying.

May I ask what software you use to record and edit?

Do you use the in game recorder and then record the playback later with a third party program?

I'd like to do some simple videos like this but haven't been able to convince myself to put in the work to get it up and running lol

Hey thanks!

I use the in-game recording and then capture afterwards using other software.

For capturing, this was my first video using Shadowplay. I used to use Fraps, but the file sizes were too huge for full resolution. It took me about a half hour to setup and learn, but given the smaller file sizes it was worth it already. I have like 500 gigs of fraps videos that probably only show a couple hours of video! Also Shadowplay is free, whereas Fraps is $30.

For editing, I've been using Premiere Pro for the past few months, learning slowly. It's overkill for this video, but I've been working on other more complex projects that take advantage of Premiere Pro's advanced features. I could have made this one in Movie Maker or iMovie easily though, since it was just a title and a bunch of clips strung together. But I wanted to put the Ju 52 flight out there quickly for the guys that I was flying with because I told them I would.

My current project is more involved, a cinematic vid to Mozart's Lacrimosa. I'm really excited because it's my favorite piece of music, but It's also taking forever because I want it to be perfect to do justice to the piece.

I'd say the hardest part of making videos is clunking through the in game tracks to capture the raw footage. Editing in whatever software you choose is the fun part, but capturing the initial scenes is a bore and tedious given the limited functionality and occasional bugginess. I would kill for the ability to rewind in game recordings, but since I'm pretty sure the tracks "re-simulate" the game, they sort of have to start from the beginning every time and can't go backwards. 

Happy to answer other questions but that's pretty much the gist of it!

Edited by 19//vonGamblerr
  • Upvote 1