Photo

AI Re-Spawn Logic

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Festa_PWR

Festa_PWR

Posted 16 February 2017 - 12:11

I`ve been getting to grips with the editor lately, and have managed to put together a decent(ish) training scenario for myself and two others on the Lapino map.

I`ve got some re-spawn logic on AI patrols, but since I added them, the server load has increased quite considerably, even though they aren`t spawned in.

I think I read somewhere that check zones are constantly cycling and so are constantly active. I think its alternative would be a complex trigger, but I`ve heard these are even worse when it comes to MP missions.

Am I over thinking this and having circa 10-15 different groups using check zones is just going to use resource and I should live with it, or should I be using a different method to reduce server load and improve performance?

The basic logic sees a check zone IN looking at around 6500m, spawn in planes (varying amounts for different patrols) and then deactivates the check zone, count the amount of 'CriticalDamage', when count reaches the amount of planes in the specific group, it activates a re-spawn timer (currently 20 minutes) and deletes old object after 3 or so minutes and reactivates the check zone when re-spawn timer reaches zero..

I can`t screenshot the logic currently, as I`m at work, but will try and remember to get a shot of it some time soon if it helps.

EDIT: Screenshot of the messy logic . .

Attached Files

Edited by Festa_PWR, 16 February 2017 - 20:18.

#2 Habu

Habu
  • Tester

Posted 17 February 2017 - 15:38

For information :

The check zone trigger will take less ressources than a complex trigger, but take ressource because it's an area which is check. So, the check take ressource.

Following your screen, your check zone spawn only 3 planes (Fighter, kind of fighter change the ressource use, for exemple ju52 take more ressource than a fighter like BF109 or lagg3). It must be playable, unless the game environment is very loaded.

What you have to check on the dserver is the tick delay, keep it as low as possible.

1oIJ5hv_zpsgii92uwd.jpgYak1b_zpsr0h3cnxx.png

Nickname in game : Phoenix. => Not true since the 26th november 2014, the day I lost my nickname, because some people changed your ingame name without asking you. :angry:

#3 Festa_PWR

Festa_PWR

Posted 17 February 2017 - 15:49

Cheers Habu.

I don`t watch the Tick Delay implicitly, but I think it`s normally around 4 or 5 for the most part.

On the chart bit of the DServer that seems to update every second, the grey spikes to around (assuming) 70% near the beginning of the mission, but settles below 50%.

The mission is entirely playable, I`m just trying to learn more in terms of keeping a mission tidy and as resource savy as possible.

#4 Gambit21

Gambit21
  • Founder

Posted 17 February 2017 - 15:59

You can have a complex trigger, or group of complex triggers that are enabled or disabled according to whatever parameters you care to set. Thus not every trigger on the map needs to be active at once.

post-23599-0-81560100-1480876176.jpg  Midway to Guadalcanalhttp://forum.il2stur...y-it-makes-sen/ post-23599-0-30579300-1480901669.jpg

#5 Habu

Habu
  • Tester

Posted 17 February 2017 - 20:43

Cheers Habu.

I don`t watch the Tick Delay implicitly, but I think it`s normally around 4 or 5 for the most part.

On the chart bit of the DServer that seems to update every second, the grey spikes to around (assuming) 70% near the beginning of the mission, but settles below 50%.

The mission is entirely playable, I`m just trying to learn more in terms of keeping a mission tidy and as resource savy as possible.

Ok, it's a good thing to think to save resourse as soon as you can.

It's over the graph and beside the SPS.

As Gambit said, complex trigger and check zone can be deactivate to save ressource, when you don't use it.

Edited by Habu, 17 February 2017 - 20:46.

1oIJ5hv_zpsgii92uwd.jpgYak1b_zpsr0h3cnxx.png

Nickname in game : Phoenix. => Not true since the 26th november 2014, the day I lost my nickname, because some people changed your ingame name without asking you. :angry:

#6 Festa_PWR

Festa_PWR

Posted 17 February 2017 - 20:59

I must be doing all i can currently then, as i have the check zones deactivate once they are triggered, but the rest need to stay active to see when to spawn in patrols.

Server load must drop when its in respawn timer delay (after we kill the patrol), as the check zones aren`t activated until 20 minutes later.

Thanks for your help fellows.

#7 Gambit21

Gambit21
  • Founder

Posted 18 February 2017 - 00:03

Yeah you're more limited with MP missions.

I'm concentrating on SP missions, and I know where the player will be and won't be, so I can make use of a lot more triggers etc.

post-23599-0-81560100-1480876176.jpg  Midway to Guadalcanalhttp://forum.il2stur...y-it-makes-sen/ post-23599-0-30579300-1480901669.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users