Photo

First person Bailouts

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 yobosshog1

yobosshog1

Posted 11 February 2017 - 00:14

I keep seing the old video of il2 sturmovik with the first person bailout , I thought that showed a lot of realism , that would be a good feature that you can enable or disable I have il2 sturmovik I like the game but I would play it more often if it had the first person bailout and I would buy the game battle of moscow if you guys add it.

#2 Cybermat47

Cybermat47
  • Founder

Posted 11 February 2017 - 03:19

We had first-person bailouts in the alpha stage, so I would like to see them come back.

P3u0DtN.jpg
"Stalin's fortress on fire! Is this madness or hell? The sound of the mortars, the music of death! We're playing the devil's symphony! Our violins are guns! Conducted from hell! Oh Stalingrad!"

- From Stalingrad by Sabaton.

#3 19//curiousGamblerr

19//curiousGamblerr

Posted 11 February 2017 - 05:54

I would play it more often if it had the first person bailout and I would buy the game battle of moscow if you guys add it.

Really? I would love first person bail outs as well, but it's interesting it's such an important feature to you. Nothing wrong with it being important, just surprising since we spend so much effort on avoiding the need to bail out!

Would be a awesome to hop out of a burning plane from first person. Some would want an animated pilot body for that, but I don't think it's necessary for the first person bail to be cool.

#4 Yogiflight

Yogiflight

Posted 11 February 2017 - 10:18

I also would love to bail out in first person, but even more to jump out of my crashlanded airdraft (in first person), as it happens more often.

#5 unreasonable

unreasonable
  • Founder

Posted 11 February 2017 - 11:08

I much preferred the original first person view in the parachute - no idea why it was changed. 

Nullius in verba

#6 216th_Jordan

216th_Jordan
  • Founder

Posted 11 February 2017 - 11:53

You can still have it ;) bail out while padlocked to another plane to experience the magic :)

I would really like it if they just add the option to have 1st person bailouts. And if you get killed to just have a black screen should go along with it in my eyes. after that you are allowed to F2 and see your plane from the outside.

Edited by 216th_Jordan, 11 February 2017 - 12:04.

System Specifications:        I4820k - overclocked to 4.6 GHz    |    16 GB DDR3 Ram - 1600 MHz      |      Gtx 1070

Operating System/Apps:     Windows 10      |       TrackIR v5.4       |       T.A.R.G.E.T. profile (Hotas Warthog)

Hardware:                          ProFlight Rudder pedals      |      HOTAS Warthog       |        TrackIR with LEDclip

#7 216th_Jordan

216th_Jordan
  • Founder

Posted 11 February 2017 - 12:33

Here is a short demonstration. As this could be considered a bug (I don't - it's a feature ;) ) I uploaded it as listed so please don't share it beyond this thread. :)
Now without that padlock thing it would be even better.

youtube.com/watch?v=xqzCtoqK7mI

System Specifications:        I4820k - overclocked to 4.6 GHz    |    16 GB DDR3 Ram - 1600 MHz      |      Gtx 1070

Operating System/Apps:     Windows 10      |       TrackIR v5.4       |       T.A.R.G.E.T. profile (Hotas Warthog)

Hardware:                          ProFlight Rudder pedals      |      HOTAS Warthog       |        TrackIR with LEDclip

#8 =R4T=Sshadow14

=R4T=Sshadow14

Posted 11 February 2017 - 14:18

would be very nice..

Tho recently ive not had a good run while dangling from that silk life saver.

Been shot and killed while in the shoot many times by pilots who come around and kill me after i bail
(they often either shoot my shoot or fly through it on purpose)

Been killed by AAA/Flak randomly sitting my chute while it was firing at others.

Been killed when i have bail out at the top of a prop hang but a little to early and plane fell back down through chute.

Also had a plane do a 180 turn after i bailed from it and fly right back into me.

All of these would have been awesome in FPV

x6dnyTg.jpgSOZfSP3.png

/CPU: FX8350 /GPU: GTX780SOC /RAM: 16GB@1875mhz /JOYSTICK: Saitek X-55 Hotas /PEDALS: Logitech Driving Force EX

#9 19//curiousGamblerr

19//curiousGamblerr

Posted 11 February 2017 - 15:22

Been killed by AAA/Flak randomly sitting my chute while it was firing at others.

The AAA will happily target you in a chute actually.

These days I always prefer to give a friendly wing waggle to a pilot in their chute, which would also be cool from first person.

Btw, If you plan on flying TAW when it starts tomorrow, be prepare to get shot in your chute even more- killing enough enemy pilots is one way to win in that campaign (tho not the most effective and it has never been the decider AFAIK).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users