Photo

Tail Gunner Edition Purchase option

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Fern

Fern

Posted 09 February 2017 - 15:57

This begins with Rise of Flight and flying around with my 8 yr old son in the back seat of the bombers. We enjoy being nerds together, but he hasnt been my gunner in awhile due to me playing this game.

The other day he asked if he could be my gunner in IL2. I had to tell him no because I didnt want to pay full price for the game, just so he could be my gunner. He walked away in disappointment. So here I am proposing a "Gunner Edition" for a reasonable price. Maybe around $10.00 - $20.00? Or I'll just save $50.00 and get BoS edition. Right now I think he's too young to grasp flying, but you never know, little kids are tech savy now a days. Seems like a perfect way to introduce our kids to flight simming. I'd rather have my son shooting my tail off than some random jackass that joins your bomber....Just an idea.

And maybe limit the gunner edition to my planes so he doesnt become the jackass that shoots other peoples tails off... ;)

This also leads into another question. I'm not sure my old computer that he uses would be able to handle this game on Low settings anyways. Anyway to create a Demo?

Thanks.

Edited by Fern, 09 February 2017 - 16:06.

#2 Gambit21

Gambit21
  • Founder

Posted 09 February 2017 - 19:01

No offense as I know you're a good guy - but that's a super silly idea.

Just buy the sim and support the development.

post-23599-0-81560100-1480876176.jpg  Midway to Guadalcanalhttp://forum.il2stur...y-it-makes-sen/ post-23599-0-30579300-1480901669.jpg

#3 I./ZG1_Martijnvdm

I./ZG1_Martijnvdm
  • Founder

Posted 09 February 2017 - 19:14

No offense as I know you're a good guy - but that's a super silly idea.

Just buy the sim and support the development.

I think i would have to agree. I understand his sentiment, but i don't think the general demand would be substantial enough.

Grt M

I7 4790K@4.7 GHz, MSI Z97 Gaming 5, Kingston HyperX Beast (t3) 16GB, MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X, Dell S2716DG, Samsung 850 Evo 500GB, Windows 10 64

xyOCsEl.png?2

Mbs8Jx9.png?1

#4 4./JG52_BOO

4./JG52_BOO

Posted 09 February 2017 - 19:17

I dont think its a silly idea at all - i have a lot of friends who i could gift something like that to. They'll never fly full time straight out, but they would jump in and enjoy the experience whilst gas bagging about the usual stuff we talk about. One who knows, then they may buy the full product.  1 vote for Fern for the suggestion. 

#5 5./ZG1_Tzigy

5./ZG1_Tzigy
  • Founder

Posted 09 February 2017 - 19:29

i like the idea, gunner's edition with an option to upgrade later...

we have 2 computer side by side and my 13 yo has flown as a gunner with me, super fun (unfortunately he is not into flying  :sorry: , more of a COD/CSGO nut).

yeah sure buying extra copy for full price is fine, but u gotta wonder if low price gunner option might bring few additional customers......

morituri te salutant

i7 990x 4.1MHz 12GB Win7 64 GTX690 Dell U3014 TM Warthog MFG TIR5 ButtKickerx2 Playseat

#6 -NW-ChiefRedCloud

-NW-ChiefRedCloud
  • Founder

Posted 09 February 2017 - 19:46

This begins with Rise of Flight and flying around with my 8 yr old son in the back seat of the bombers. We enjoy being nerds together, but he hasnt been my gunner in awhile due to me playing this game.

The other day he asked if he could be my gunner in IL2. I had to tell him no because I didnt want to pay full price for the game, just so he could be my gunner. He walked away in disappointment. So here I am proposing a "Gunner Edition" for a reasonable price. Maybe around $10.00 - $20.00? Or I'll just save $50.00 and get BoS edition. Right now I think he's too young to grasp flying, but you never know, little kids are tech savy now a days. Seems like a perfect way to introduce our kids to flight simming. I'd rather have my son shooting my tail off than some random jackass that joins your bomber....Just an idea.

And maybe limit the gunner edition to my planes so he doesnt become the jackass that shoots other peoples tails off... ;)

This also leads into another question. I'm not sure my old computer that he uses would be able to handle this game on Low settings anyways. Anyway to create a Demo?

Thanks.

I believe I remember you from RoF forums. My advice is to do as mentioned above, buy the game. The time you spend sharing with your son is well worth it as you've mentioned before I think. If you can't afford all three then one will have to do. Seems like a great team/family effort .

Chief

NEtALER.png

NEW WINGS VIRTUAL FLIGHT TRAINING

"Hardcore Through Passion"

#7 Gambit21

Gambit21
  • Founder

Posted 09 February 2017 - 20:31

Yep

post-23599-0-81560100-1480876176.jpg  Midway to Guadalcanalhttp://forum.il2stur...y-it-makes-sen/ post-23599-0-30579300-1480901669.jpg

#8 =r4t=Sshadow14

=r4t=Sshadow14

Posted 09 February 2017 - 20:47

yes but in your gunners you want the best highly experienced gunners there.

While the Ai is not that good (with exception of pe2 death cannons)
many players are still worse than Ai at shooting with gunners.

x6dnyTg.jpgN77EEBa.jpg
Wings Of Liberty Most Active Bomber/Attacker

#9 Yogiflight

Yogiflight

Posted 09 February 2017 - 20:57

Buy the game in the next sale for half price.

#10 Fern

Fern

Posted 09 February 2017 - 21:04

yes but in your gunners you want the best highly experienced gunners there.

While the Ai is not that good (with exception of pe2 death cannons)
many players are still worse than Ai at shooting with gunners.

I think my son could get it, he's pretty good at Team Fortress and other games like that. I'm probably a bad dad for letting him play these games... :(

#11 4./JG52_BOO

4./JG52_BOO

Posted 09 February 2017 - 23:41

I think your forgetting its not all about winning Shadow...

Fern's suggestion  (perhaps make it an expansion for existing game owners only) could perhaps bring younger players in via family/friends without each family having to shell out double the wedge on sommat that may or may not strike a chord with a youngster. If it gets them into it, be sure the full blown game will follow, and perhaps the one after that etc.  Lets face it, this isnt a young community and its growing older and smaller. The dead, as far as i know, show little ongoing support for any developer. 

#12 19//curiousGamblerr

19//curiousGamblerr

Posted 10 February 2017 - 01:38

I think it's a great idea. Gunners and tanks for $10-20 would probably sell some full games in the long run.

#13 SolidStalker

SolidStalker

Posted 10 February 2017 - 11:40

I dont think its a silly idea at all - i have a lot of friends who i could gift something like that to. They'll never fly full time straight out, but they would jump in and enjoy the experience whilst gas bagging about the usual stuff we talk about. One who knows, then they may buy the full product.  1 vote for Fern for the suggestion. 

Same here.

#14 unreasonable

unreasonable
  • Founder

Posted 10 February 2017 - 11:47

Buy the game in the next sale for half price.

+1 and Bump - everyone worried about price just needs to pay attention to the promotions - both store and Steam have them.

Nullius in verba

#15 Yogiflight

Yogiflight

Posted 10 February 2017 - 11:53

Don't understand me wrong guys, I think a gunner version, like a tankist version (after getting a few more drivable tank models), would be a great idea, but unfortunately, I don't see it happen.

#16 216th_LuseKofte

216th_LuseKofte
  • Founder

Posted 10 February 2017 - 18:47

Is it not a option to buy a Russian version somewhere. The cheap one that you got to fly a lot to get more planes. Well for gunners he just have to get the start pack

I saw a inter web site link in here , I think it was in off topic section

Edited by 216th_LuseKofte, 10 February 2017 - 18:47.

49efc10c-c436-418c-9fbd-9cffdcfaff3d_zps

#17 19//curiousGamblerr

19//curiousGamblerr

Posted 10 February 2017 - 20:23

Is it not a option to buy a Russian version somewhere. The cheap one that you got to fly a lot to get more planes. Well for gunners he just have to get the start pack

I saw a inter web site link in here , I think it was in off topic section

Good point Luse. I'm not sure what's up with that version or why it's missing from the online store, but it would satisfy the request presented in this thread from what I know about it.

#18 19//Moach

19//Moach

Posted 10 February 2017 - 20:44

I would go further into saying - a "gunner only edition" should be completely free

this would make it a demo of the game - and a perfect way to invite your joystick-shy friends into it

and surely enough, many of those "oh, but I don't have a joystick" comrades out there will find the experience compelling enough to get more into it - and eventually, they just might even end up becoming "one of us"

one of us....

This reminds me of the time when I once had built a Time Machine...  uh, no wait - that hasn't happened yet

#19 19//curiousGamblerr

19//curiousGamblerr

Posted 10 February 2017 - 20:50

I would go further into saying - a "gunner only edition" should be completely free

this would make it a demo of the game - and a perfect way to invite your joystick-shy friends into it

and surely enough, many of those "oh, but I don't have a joystick" comrades out there will find the experience compelling enough to get more into it - and eventually, they just might even end up becoming "one of us"

one of us....

gooble gobble gooble gobble...

+1 on this

#20 Yogiflight

Yogiflight

Posted 10 February 2017 - 21:23

The cheap version is for russians only, and therefore surely in the russian online store.

#21 216th_LuseKofte

216th_LuseKofte
  • Founder

Posted 10 February 2017 - 22:01

No it is out here for everyone to grab :)

Instant Gaming

1606.jpg-73% 

47€ 12.50€

49efc10c-c436-418c-9fbd-9cffdcfaff3d_zps

#22 tangotony

tangotony

Posted 10 February 2017 - 22:08

It's not a bad idea... It could help to bring new users into the game.

I think it could be like a light version where instead of the full airplane collection the users only get access to 2 planes (1 per faction) and allow them to play gunner and spectate.

If priced at 30% of the full price it could be great as a way to increase the player base.

#23 Yogiflight

Yogiflight

Posted 11 February 2017 - 00:11

OK, I didn't know that. But I only heard of this BOS version, or is there a BOM version, too? But if he wants to fly BOS aircrafts, this would be a possibility. He just had to fly the aircrafts, he wants to fly in MP, free for his son and then could use it.

#24 Fern

Fern

Posted 11 February 2017 - 15:33

one of us....

This would be very nice and it would be the demo. Smart man.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users