Photo

Bomber Collector Pack?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 II/JG17_Fauster

II/JG17_Fauster

Posted 03 February 2017 - 17:28

Obviously with the amount of work it takes to make these planes the possibility is unlikely but I was fancying the idea of such a thing since the fighters seem to get all the attention.

I think throwing a Pe-8 and a variant of the Do-217 in to the bomber mix would be a blast. Russians would now have their level bomber and the Germans would have another fast bomber. The modification department would be sweet as well. The Pe-8's 5000 kg nuke of a bomb would certainly be quite a show and the possibility of having a 4 cannon attacker Do-217 as an anti-bomber would be awesome as well. Would be pretty cool to see how "Schrage Musik" would be implemented in this sim if possible.

I'm no expert on either of these planes so I don't know if they would fit the same time frame or if Do-217's were even used extensively on the Eastern Front but I would like to see both planes appear in the game somehow. 

There could also be a Scout Pack that has the Fw189 and Po-2 that could perform the spotter plane roles like on some of the missions in Wings of Liberty.

Anyways just a muse and tell me what you guys think.

Attached Thumbnails

• pe8.jpg
  • Do217JFug218photo.jpg

Edited by II/JG17_Fauster, 03 February 2017 - 17:29.

***** = - IAR 81c for President - = *****

Stop the F4 spam

Make the German team on WoL great again

#2 Trooper117

Trooper117
  • Founder

Posted 03 February 2017 - 20:23

Unlikely to happen... no matter what aircraft is asked for, the reply from the devs indicate that their schedule is so tight, the team is small, so there is little leeway for such projects.

#3 II/JG17_Fauster

II/JG17_Fauster

Posted 03 February 2017 - 23:52

As I said I understand that. The question was to get an opinion from the community on the plane set and if it is viable

***** = - IAR 81c for President - = *****

Stop the F4 spam

Make the German team on WoL great again

#4 216th_Retnek

216th_Retnek
  • Founder

Posted 04 February 2017 - 11:51

Hm, nice planes, but the Do 217 was rarely seen at the eastern front. The plane with it's high wing-load needed long runways, intact service structures. I can't remember a note on at least one regular 217-bomber-unit sent to the eastern front (any hint welcome). Do-217-Nightfighters have been there, because they weren't that useful for the Defence of the Reich.

Pe-8 has 4 engines - no way with BoX for the next releases, so I read here in the forums. A rare bird, too, lot's of technical problems, minor importance. For me there is one LARGE GAP in the BoX-setup now, that's the standard horizontal bomber IL-4! (and since the introduction of the Ju-52 the Li-2 should be available, too)

Edited by 216th_Retnek, 04 February 2017 - 11:51.

#5 F/JG300_Gruber

F/JG300_Gruber

Posted 04 February 2017 - 11:55

Though I would love to see the Pe8 in the game, it has already been replied that 4 engines bombers were very very unlikely due to the huge workload needed in the development and the heavy ressources big aircrafts with a lot of crews tend to take on one's computer. But if a Pe8 / He177 DLC could make it's way to the devs plans, I would buy it right away !

EDIT : I agree with retneck that an IL4 would be a far better choice for the VVS side. As far as I know there was only 30 or so operational Pe8s at the same time with less than 100 built compared to the 5000 IL4 produced.

For the Do217, no thanks. This plane was at best an underdog compared to the Ju88s, with poor handling and undersized engines for it's ponderous weight and high wing loading. I'd rather have a Ju88-C6 that would fit the BoK timeframe and geography, and would be quicker to develop as it will only need to modify the existing A4 (and looks much better !).

Edited by F/JG300_Gruber, 04 February 2017 - 12:05.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users