Han

Developer Diary, Part 147 - Discussion

Hello everybody!

Having released 2.007 update this week, we work on the next one. He 111 H-16 and Fw 190 A-5 flight models are being developed simultaneously. New A-5 model Focke-Wulf turns out to be an interesting platform, primarily because of the abundance of its weapon systems.
In addition, we developed a tech that allows altering engine modes by selected aircraft modifications - the new La-5 modification that we'll add is M-82F engine that can work in 2400 RPM mode with 1140 mmHg pressure for an unlimited amount of time. The default M-82 engine that was fitted into La-5 fighters before January 1943 can sustain this mode only for 5 minutes with boost.
With H-16 and A-5 released, German aircraft lineup of Battle of Kuban will be complete with the exception of Hs 129 B-2 which is a Collector Plane. Soviet and lend-lease aircraft will follow - 3D models of IL-2 mod. 1943, A-20 bomber, Yak-7b and Spitfire Mk.Vb fighters are being made already. This week we finished Il-2 mod. 1943 wireframe model and animations and started making textures, the work on its FM will begin in 2-3 weeks. Today we'll show you several WIP screenshots of this aircraft:

Full news - here is a full text and visual materials
You're very welcome to subscribe for new videos here

You can ask new questions in this thread

• Upvote 15

OMG guys, you don't stop! you are amazing, keep releasing content to keep buying it :D

great DD. looking forward to all those new planes

It just keeps getting better!!

The new engine modes based on loadouts opens up a whole new world. Fantastic news! A La5 engine variant sounds really interesting.

The A5 looks like a beast, i look forward to flying it as a ground attack.

HOLY ****!!!! You guys are adding the early La-5F as a modification?!? That's AMAZING! (And might I add: Necessary, now that we poor VVS pilots have to face the invigorated Fw 190 and soon its big brother on steroids)

Things are shaping up soooooo nicely for this sim.

:salute:

• Upvote 1

i'm just gonna ask... 1.42 Kuban G-2?

You don't think we brave pilots of the proletariat's air force are hurting bad enough as it is? ;)

• Upvote 1

Good god that A5 is going to wreck everything! Six cannons!

So with engine modifications can we now get AM-38 for MiG-3?  :blush:

Great news again.

A small detail in the screenshot of the cockpit of the upcoming FW A5 pulled my attention.

(it has to do with a certain horizontal needle).

:salute:

So the new La-5 modification would make it into an La-5F? If so, great!

First the new Fw190A-3 FM and now an A-5 with 1.65 ata? Oh my.  :biggrin:

Privet Danil,

Surprising news about M-82F.I know this point has been discussed on russian forum and its great to see it implemented.

молодцы разработчики  :drinks:

G4?

no, G-2 has less drag, due to the retractable tail wheel and the missing wing bumbs. making the top speed a good bit higher

• Upvote 1

So....the next DLC will be:

1) G6 vs La5FN

2) G6 vs Yak-9/Yak-9B

G2 1.42 ATA would be a nice addition aswell.

no, G-2 has less drag, due to the retractable tail wheel and the missing wing bumbs. making the top speed a good bit higher

Not to mention the fact, that the G2 is capped at 1.32 ATA, but on the G4 combat mode goes all the way up to 1.36-1.38.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for DD, interesting as usual!

6x20mm is serious stuff, looking forward to try it  :biggrin: . And La-5F sounds great, nice surprise  :)

So the new La-5 modification would make it into an La-5F? If so, great!

Probably an early La-5F, with the old style canopy. Not the La-5F we know from the old IL-2.

Probably an early La-5F, with the old style canopy. Not the La-5F we know from the old IL-2.

This one you say?

03.jpg

This one you say?

03.jpg

I'm pretty sure the first La-5s with the 82F looked like the top drawing, but I might remember incorrectly.

Nice news.
May I ask in wich numbers LA5 have been around using this enginemod during this timeframe?

Another question would be if the 1.65 ATA boost system will be locked to ground attack loadout or could I use a standard A5 with boost system?

Thanks!

Edited by Irgendjemand

Aaaaand the developers kept their promisses once again. Nice to see a steady progress :)

I have a question.

Will 4x 20mm internal cannons be available for the Fw190A5 too, instead of external gun pods?

In addition, we developed a tech that allows altering engine modes by selected aircraft modifications

That's great news. What about Bf-109E7 and Bf-110E2 with DB601N or a Yak-1 with M-105P engine? Would this be feasible with the new tech?

Edited by Juri_JS
  • Upvote 7

4 cannons is the standard loadout of the Fw 190 A-5

May I ask in wich numbers LA5 have been around using this enginemod during this timeframe?

I think the BoK timeframe fits the La-5F almost perfectly, and IIRC a lot of old La-5 airframes were upgraded at the time with new engine as well. We're probably talking many hundreds, possibly thousands.

That's great news. What about Bf-109E7 and Bf-110E2 with DB601N or a Yak-1 with M-105P engine?

The Yak-1 would also require changes to overall weight of the airframe, wouldn't it?

That's great news. What about Bf-109E7 and Bf-110E2 with DB601N or a Yak-1 with M-105P engine?

This is how this community works:

Offer your hand and they will grab your entire arm.

There is no end to the requests. For every improvement the devs make, the community demands 3 more.

• Upvote 6

This is how this community works:

Offer your hand and they will grab your entire arm.

There is no end to the requests. For every improvement the devs make, the community demands 3 more.

I share in the excitement of new opportunities but I do see what you're saying.

• Upvote 3

I'm pretty sure the first La-5s with the 82F looked like the top drawing, but I might remember incorrectly.

No, you are right. Gordon says the teardrop canopy was added from the 9th batch (November 1942) of the La-5F production series.

One thing that I think is worth mentioning is the tempo. I was expecting things going slower (initially) due to work on engine core related to Dx11 and its improving, but in comparison to Moscow development and despite numerous other tasks, it seems that they roll quite faster in those last two months. December 2016-January 2017 period is one of the best in history of this simulator.

You guys do fantastic job !

• Upvote 6

Another question would be if the 1.65 ATA boost system will be locked to ground attack loadout

I take from the wording in the Dev Diary that it's locked to the U17 loadout. So if you want 1.65 ATA you need to take bomb racks and/or additional armour too.

At least that's my understanding.

One thing that I think is worth mentioning is the tempo. I was expecting things going slower (initially) due to work on engine core related to Dx11 and its improving, but in comparison to Moscow development and despite numerous other tasks, it seems that they roll quite faster in those last two months. December 2016-January 2017 period is one of the best in history of this simulator.

You guys do fantastic job !

No kidding.