Sign in to follow this  
=FCU=PetSild

A little different throttle

Hi,

As a small used to play a lot with Legos :) so I thought after years of something useful to build. Started the testing with a simple model, and now already 1,5 year I use intensively the fourth generation of the Lego dice.

The main lever has a friction brake, and there are three more analog axis and it's electronically on the Mjoy16 plus three buttons. Visually does not seem doing so is hmatově is having a very pleasant and has a armrest under the palm.

I am very happy  :biggrin:  and thanks to the transfers I use 95% of the area of the potentiometer will ensure a long service life. Pet

The first generation

04.jpg

The fourth generation

DSC_0289.jpg

DSC_0290.jpg

DSC_0291.jpg

• Upvote 21

Now that is fantastic.

I did not even know one could do this with Lego. Great thinking  :)

The Lego dice to have inexhaustible possibilities  :biggrin:  in the future can be easily throttle to expand on the other elements.

Thank you  ;)  all for the praise.   Pet

----Excellent----   Very creative and functional. This is I am sure, will be on my top 10 list of cool stuff for 2017 !!

Stay creative !!!  

Cheers--sf--

At the time of the Warthog hotas I did not expect any interest in the Lego construction. Tomorrow in daylight add more details.

During the construction there was not need to specially  :biggrin:  adjust the potentiometer that I used looks like 100% compatible.

DSC_0295.jpg

The connection is absolutely easy using heat-shrink tubing no adhesive was used on the whole structure.

DSC_0297.jpg

The main throttle has extra friction brake, using a rubber ring stiffness determines the number of washers.

DSC_0298.jpg

Used universal circuit board to the dimensions that I needed and soldered the buttons.

DSC_0299.jpg

The whole it revives the board Mjoy16 which is a lot of sophisticated and yet are the functions used 10% of its possibilities.

WP_20141015_005.jpg

They can still be more modern technology but the brilliant Lego will be here forever.

Lego-Logo-psd64598.png

• Upvote 4

Totally agree with Space Ghost here.

It's awesome. :)

Awesome, this got me thinking... I have an unused Logitech 3D lying around. 

Edited by TetraD

Hi,

after another year of use I decided to make larger adjustments on a Lego throttle.

I extended the overall base for the greater comfort of the wrists and the board Mjoy16 I hid nicely inside.

Modified the ergonomics of the grip tape, plus added the hat and other buttons on the base device.

Another change is the angle of deflection of the main lever, which is used as a better collective control of the helicopter.

IMG_20181205_141436.jpg

IMG_20181205_142954.jpg

IMG_20181205_143153.jpg

IMG_20181205_143347.jpg

IMG_20181205_143539.jpg

• Like 1