Photo

ReShade Discussion (Stand Alone version)

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Europa

Europa

Posted 24 January 2017 - 08:06

Hi Guys,

I am relatively new to this forum but not to sim community forums, some of you may know me from other forums. This is my first topic here. Please take it easy with me. I mean have some patience before the new-comer's beating. 

As some of you may know "Reshade for SweetFx" and "Reshade" (itself) are different. They have different structure but more or less same functionality. I am currently using reshade 3.0.6 as it has almost all the settings SweetFX has (maybe more)  and has this in-game overlay menu which we can make realtime configurations. The problem is I am not able to find a descent preset for the IL-2 BOS yet actually there is none shared. I will appreciate if anyone shares a good preset. In case there is presets shared earlier and if I missed I will appreciate if you direct me a proper course and accept my appologies. Probably my search box mulfunctioned as I find only 3 topics related with Reshade for Sweetfx.

Edited by Europa, 24 January 2017 - 08:07.

#2 307_Tomcat

307_Tomcat
  • Founder

Posted 24 January 2017 - 08:17

Use google to search, forum search is mistake. Use this syntax in google window:
site:https://forum.il2sturmovik.com reshade

#3 Europa

Europa

Posted 24 January 2017 - 09:15

Hi Tomcat thanks for the tip, as you will guess I already did the google search but still the same result. All the matches are related with Reshade for SweetFx but non for Reshade presets itself. So practically they are all about SweetFx presets.

#4 307_Tomcat

307_Tomcat
  • Founder

Posted 24 January 2017 - 09:25

Meybe it's too early, i set up new Reshade (alone without mediator) few days ago and posted about it on forums.

#5 Europa

Europa

Posted 24 January 2017 - 09:34

Yes I believe it is relatively new. In most cases people tend to confuse Sweetfx with Reshade, and Reshade for SweetFx.

#6 =TBAS=Sshadow14

=TBAS=Sshadow14

Posted 24 January 2017 - 12:01

Presets are very hard and somewhat pointless..

as everyone monitor is different
different continents use different colour pallets (America Bland/Dull , Europe Much more saturation and higher Red)

But try this.

Add only following 2 shaders and try these settings..

- Reduced gamma and Exposure (now can see ground details in the snow runway/taxiway)
- Increased Dynamic Saturation with "Vibrance" Further increase Blue & Green Colour channels (To my liking for sky colours and tree colours)
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[Tonemap.fx]
Defog=0.000000
Bleach=-0.000000
Gamma=1.125000
Exposure=-0.125000
Saturation=0.000000
FogColor=1.000000,1.000000,1.000000

[Vibrance.fx]
Vibrance=0.750000
VibranceRGBBalance=1.000000,1.125000,1.125000
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

INGAME Settings
1080P
HDR OFF
SSAO ON
GAMMA 0.8

Edited by =r4t=Sshadow14, 24 January 2017 - 12:03.

791JFcf.jpg                  
/CPU: FX8350@ 4.3ghz /GPU: GTX 1060 G1 Gaming /RAM: 16GB@1875mhz
 /JOYSTICK: Saitek X-55 Hotas /PEDALS: Logitech Driving Force EX

#7 Europa

Europa

Posted 24 January 2017 - 13:19

Shadow, you are absolutely right. In fact it is all about personal preferances. It will differ from person to person. But I believe it will be a good idea to have some reference point to start from.

Even toggling default values on and off can make good difference (yes toggling everything ON is absolutely pointless, you must at least know what the effect is) but when it comes to fine tuning there are almost endless possibilities besided it could become too compilcated and one can leasly get ost his/her way and end up all settings screwed up.

Also I have noticed that, speaking for IL2 there are additional difficulties as the game has a very complex and dynamic lighting system and seasonal differences makes an huge effect on settings (winter textures and spring textures)  thus makes a setting for a certain situation useless for another.

By sharing information I believe we could be able to learn how to do this properly. Yet I am experimenting on my own. I am sure not everybody is an expert on shaders, shader language or post effects. Some may have a general idea of some but it still needs some explenation. For example "CA" which stands for Chromatic Aberration is pointless to use in game unless you are a screen shot artist and intentionally need that effect. Even the photographers try to avoid CA and pay tons of money to luxury lenses that do not causes CA.

Thank you for sharing.

Edited by Europa, 24 January 2017 - 13:21.

#8 Hartigan

Hartigan
  • Founder

Posted 13 April 2017 - 14:51

Here is another profile! This makes graphics look sharpen and reduce blurry effect. No fps impact. You need Reshade 3. 

http://s000.tinyuplo...220831580039170

Make sure lumasharpen, tonemap, curves and vibrance are selected

edit, not sure if profile copy key commands too? I use Insert to switch on/off and "  numpad / " to select menu. edit: It´s highly recommended to disable sharpen from game setup :)

Edited by Hartigan, 15 April 2017 - 10:06.

#9 jokerBR

jokerBR
  • Founder

Posted 14 April 2017 - 03:01

Here is another profile! This makes graphics look sharpen and reduce blurry effect. No fps impact. You need Reshade 3. 

edit, not sure if profile copy key commands too? I use Insert to switch on/off and "  numpad / " to select menu. This profile makes new game sharpen useless :)

Thanks Hartigan. Very good results on my end too. Keeper.  :salute: 

#10 Hartigan

Hartigan
  • Founder

Posted 14 April 2017 - 08:35

When i install reshade to game directory i select only those 4 shaders when launcher ask do you want install shaders too. So it takes less time to load shaders when launching game. Not big deal If you select all of those, but you really wont need anything else. This profile makes 2 k skins look like more 4 k skins
Btw reshade 3 is very easy to use. Not like sweetfx where you have to use notepad to change values

#11 VampireMonkey

VampireMonkey

Posted 17 April 2017 - 12:13

Has anyone gotten reshade to work with VR? I tried installing reshade and using it with the Vive, but IL2 won't launch with reshade 3.0.7 installed (tried to look for older installers, but did not find any). 

#12 =CAF=xThrottle_Geek

=CAF=xThrottle_Geek

Posted 17 April 2017 - 15:13

edit, not sure if profile copy key commands too? I use Insert to switch on/off and "  numpad / " to select menu. edit: It´s highly recommended to disable sharpen from game setup :)

I'm liking this preset the best so far of those on offer.  What is your Gamma setting?

#13 Hartigan

Hartigan
  • Founder

Posted 17 April 2017 - 20:07

I'm liking this preset the best so far of those on offer.  What is your Gamma setting?

It´s default 1.0, but i have different splendid modes integrated to my asus monitor. Like game mode, theater, default, night view etc. I use theater and its darker and more blue than default. You can keep gamma 1 or reduce it to 0.8 or 0.9 and check results

#14 =CAF=xThrottle_Geek

=CAF=xThrottle_Geek

Posted 18 April 2017 - 15:14

Thanks Hartigan.

#15 II./JG1_Vonrd

II./JG1_Vonrd
  • Founder

Posted 29 April 2017 - 20:06

I'm using the latest ReShade 3 and everything seems to work well but I get this error at every start up.

BOS%20ReShade%20error.jpg?_subject_uid=1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users