Han

Developer Diary, Part 144 - Discussion

Hello everybody,

the holidays here have ended and we continue working on Battle of Kuban. Soon we'll start beta testing the next plane in its planeset, twin engine strike aircraft Bf 110 G-2, and now we can show you its screenshots:
Our artists are finishing German bomber He 111 H-16 3D model. 
Other good news came from AMD and NVidia, they responded to our questions regarding some of their video card models. 
We also want to tell you that we almost finished the physics and AI systems optimization.

Full news - here is a full text and visual materials
You're very welcome to subscribe for new videos here

You can ask new questions in this thread

• Upvote 12

Excellent news; looking forward to the new 110. Looking forward to the Hs129 even more though :biggrin:

Interesting cockpit changes in the He111. Better forward view with the overhead gauges moved.

Cheers.

Edited by 216th_Cat

Good news for the GPU drivers. I hope you talk to them about SLI profiles too.

Edited by -IRRE-Biluf

My heart's aflutter! Such beautiful screens of my two true loves! Thank you kindly for your hard work, and for taking the time to update us. It is much appreciated!

Absolutely amazing. can't wait to blow up some tanks with that 37mm...and also shoot down some Pe-2s :D

wow guys, I am amazed how a small team can do lot of things, as a programmer I think you guys are geniuses, there is nothing you can't do and I hope some day I can reach that level (doubt it if I am realistic xD), I am waiting patiently battle of kuban to buy it and change my key to unify my version with steam. S!

Excellent, thanks for the news!

Glad to hear everything is going as planned.

AI optimizations sounds great, looking forward for more planes in missions :)

Any word from Nvidia about DX11 SLI profile? It really is needed with higher resolutions.

• Upvote 1

Love the new cockpit layout for the He111. The 110 looks like a fun plane too!

Glad to hear about AMD fixing their issues because it could mean even more optimized graphics for everyone. Im also thinking of switching to AMD's Vega10 when it comes out, Im tired of dual GPUs.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the update. The Bf-110 looks very nice!!  :cool:  Looking forward to flying it. At first i thought the gunner/radio operator had a drinking problem, but that isn't a case of beer behind him...  :happy:

Why was the armored plate removed for for the metal bar behind the pilot. Was that for better communication?

Grt M

Whow. The Ammo storage for the 3,7cm in the rear cockpit of the 110 looks awesome! The new cockpitlayout for the 111 is indeed very interesting. Looking forward to both the Bf-110 and the He-111. :)

Looking excellent.

Glad to hear about the fix coming for the unlucky 780 guys. I hope that means, we can revert back to something like the first version of 2.006 that seemed to give the highest performance boost for most people.

Looking forward to killing stuff in the beefed-up 110.

• Upvote 1

Looking excellent.

Glad to hear about the fix coming for the unlucky 780 guys. I hope that means, we can revert back to something like the first version of 2.006 that seemed to give the highest performance boost for most people.

Looking forward to killing stuff in the beefed-up 110.

The unlucky 780 guys can downgrade their drivers and play fine... I'm more concerned about the AMD guys killing the particle optimizations.  :)

The unlucky 780 guys can downgrade their drivers and play fine... I'm more concerned about the AMD guys killing the particle optimizations.  :)

I never tested the in between particle solution. Did it make a huge difference?

Grt M

Even if no one does speak of it "the" plane I want to fly is the P-39 !

I am so Lucky it is back in BOK!

It is the first plane I flew in the  IL2 serie even before the game was on the market as it was the allied plane we could fly in the demo of the original IL2 game.

So all this is good new, I could say perfect news, but every week I hope to see news about this plane, the P-39, I miss it so much.

And thanks to developers for their great work. :salute:

Edited by senseispcc

Looks great! I've been pretty excited to fly the Bf110G-2 since it was announced. I really like the E-2 but this is the one I had so much fun in with the old IL-2.

Even if no one does speak of it "the" plane I want the fly is the P-39 !

It is the first plane I flew in the  IL2 serie even before the game was on the market as it was the allied plane we could fly in the demo of the original IL2 game.

So all this is good new, I could say perfect news, but every week I hope to see news about this plane, the P-39, I miss it so much.

And thanks to developers for their great work. :salute:

The P-39 is coming much later on in development. They are targeting November for the P-39, A-20 and Hs129B-2. It's a busy month for them apparently.

https://stormbirds.wordpress.com/2016/12/07/battle-of-kuban-what-content-is-coming-and-when/

Great job and I love the Bf110G2.

I have to comment on one thing and I hope some will agree with me.

Many, we are following the saga Il-2 BoS and all that come, Because the project was initially initiated by 777Studios, I know that now the work is joint and they are a great team. 

this would not be possible without this new team of work, But!

Fans of the Rise of Flight, have long been eager for some new aircraft, some new object especially aircraft. I think like me, many fanboys of this great simulator, we deserve a little airplane. Because it is going for the third year without any news.

Please create something for Rise of Flight

I'm just saying that Rise of Flight is still my second flight option. Every day we notice more abandonment and disinterestedness. It costs nothing to hire "Moders" any aircraft designer to make new

Rise of Flight and Il-2 BoS/M/K. etc etc etc, its my favorite simulators, But rise of flight does not have anything for a long time. A surprise would not be wrong..  :friends:

Pls Devs..

Good Job in all Simulators 

• Upvote 2

-snip-

It costs nothing to hire "Moders" any aircraft designer to make new

-snip-

It damages potential revenue... But this is a BOS DD thread, not a ROF development request thread.

Fans of the Rise of Flight, have long been eager for some new aircraft, some new object especially aircraft. I think like me, many fanboys of this great simulator, we deserve a little airplane. Because it is going for the third year without any news.

Please create something for Rise of Flight

I'm just saying that Rise of Flight is still my second flight option. Every day we notice more abandonment and disinterestedness. It costs nothing to hire "Moders" any aircraft designer to make new

Rise of Flight and Il-2 BoS/M/K. etc etc etc, its my favorite simulators, But rise of flight does not have anything for a long time. A surprise would not be wrong..  :friends:

Wrong place to ask something about other games, this is ww2 game, and many like me don't even care the paper planes of ww1, so please stop asking nonsense here, we don't care at all.

Holy hell, what a gun.

Great update!!

Thanks Han :)

Wrong place to ask something about other games, this is ww2 game, and many like me don't even care the paper planes of ww1, so please stop asking nonsense here, we don't care at all.

No need to be rude. It's totally OK to ask such questions. If You don't care about RoF and WWI it's fine. But who are You to tell others what to post here and what not?

• Upvote 22

Somewhat shortsighted reaction, IMHO.  Sorry you don't seem to have any interest in WWI aviation/simulation, but I suspect many folks (myself included) find themselves here in BoS/BoX primarily because of their good experiences with RoF and the 777 team.  Like me, many of them have probably supported BoS/BoX from the beginning and bought everything this dev team has made available for BoS/BoX, in hopes of showing support and perhaps seeing some of the benefits of the new developments flow back towards RoF (some of which did seem to happen for a while at the beginning).  

I don't think it's unreasonable for those players to express their opinions and inquire about the possibility of maybe showing RoF a little love, even if we're all pretty much resigned at this point that RoF isn't likely to get much mind share from the team given their extensive plans for BoS/BoX at this point.  And I certainly don't think it makes sense for the community to turn on itself and attack those of us whose interests are broad enough to encompass this team's wonderful work on both WWI and WWII aviation simulation.

• Upvote 15

Getting back on topic...

How does the BK 3.7 work on the Bf 110? Is it manually reloaded after every shot?

I never tested the in between particle solution. Did it make a huge difference?

Grt M

yes,with me it has been better..........Then the mysterious stutter went In full screen mode. :salute:

Edited by III./ZG1_Angus

Getting back on topic...

How does the BK 3.7 work on the Bf 110? Is it manually reloaded after every shot?

should be a gravity fed magazine. 6 or so shells in the gun, just throw shells on top

Edited by 6./ZG26_Asgar

I recall remembering it is a magazine loaded gun .  but I have no recall about how many magazines carried with it. old IL 2 gave the impression a lot of these where used , but they where not  

No, the radio operator had to pull up the empty cartridge frame with a special tool and a rope, and then reload the gun with a new six round frame. There were one frame int the gun and ten additional frames in the box under the floor, so 66 rounds for the gun.

Edited by Yogiflight
  • Upvote 1

-snip-

many of them have probably supported BoS/BoX from the beginning and bought everything this dev team has made

-snip-

I don't think it's unreasonable for those players to express their opinions

-snip-

I've purchased everything for ROF... That doesn't make it any more reasonable to derail a BOX DD thread with ROF content requests.

Moving onward...

The 110 G-2 looks like it is going to be a real joy to interdict with.

Not a tiny little single word about VR support?

Why would there be?

They already announced a very general timeline for VR support.