Is it "our" BOS?

Fifi

It looks good.  I think the snow landscape will get boring after awhile.

sigh, they already have bored me to death, just as planned. I hope in an outstanding gameplay now. :(

I would think once weather gets introduced into BoS' world, it will make it seem much less sterile. I'm looking forward to flying in some strong wind and heavy snows.

• Upvote 1

I've played a single player Autumn map in Cliff's of Dover, and they have a snow one as well...and of course the desert.  But nothing feels like my BOS 109 as far as the immersion. 

Was never released?  :unsure:

Nope.  Battle of Stalingrad was planned as the sequel to CLoD but 1C pulled the plug after quite a bit of work was put in as it didn't meet their development targets.  Most of the dev team had to fall on their sword's but some were recruited to join the new 1C Games Studio operation under Loft and Jason to develop this sim.

Here's the original BoS 109F4 cockpit.

G21.jpg

A bit embarrassing that this 'Strategy Informer' website doesn't seem that.....informed :blink:  

Look at the bottom left corner. Easy to tell it's a Clod screenshot.

Crap! didn't see it  :(  Of course you're right!

But was very confused seeing the Lagg cockpit very close to what we have now, and the non snow map.

Don't let it derail into a BOS vs CloD please  ;)

71st_AH_Hooves

Im hoping the next thing see after the snow is deep blue pacific water. And a carrier floating through it. But wouldnt mind seeing the next chronological step after stalingrad either.

It's also not uncommon for certain websites to publish screenshots from completely different games in their articles.

That's not from BoS as has been pointed out above, the HUD info is a dead giveaway.

There are also several differences on the control column and instrument panel.

post-9266-0-16030300-1385944103_thumb.jpg

Edited by FuriousMeow

Im hoping the next thing see after the snow is deep blue pacific water. And a carrier floating through it.

I'm hoping they get out an Autumn or Spring map of Stalingrad sooner rather than later 'cause we'll all be snow blind soon.  However, I really would like a carrier scenario  but in the Med. rather than the Pacific. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allied_invasion_of_Sicily  :biggrin:

Edited by arthursmedley
  • Upvote 1

It's also not uncommon for certain websites to publish screenshots from completely different games in their articles.

That's not from BoS as has been pointed out above, the HUD info is a dead giveaway.

There are also several differences on the control column and instrument panel.

ohhhhh you mean the throttle, mixture, radiator info window. i didnt even notice that

Im hoping the next thing see after the snow is deep blue pacific water. And a carrier floating through it. But wouldnt mind seeing the next chronological step after stalingrad either.

Rather hoping for the blue waters and rocky shores of Malta myself. :)

• Upvote 1

Rather hoping for the blue waters and rocky shores of Malta myself. :)

I'd love to see Malta as well. My Godmother's Mother was a girl during the war, and she lived in Malta. Must've been pretty tough.

Well, as talking about prefered theaters, i'd take anything... as far as the map is big enough, same fantastic sea rendering as in CloD (if any water) and accurate towns/villages/harbors size/position  :biggrin:

TheBlackPenguin

What were the differences in aircraft around Stalingrad during the summer and autumn periods? Would it be enough for expansion packs? Not sure if we'll get them for free, or bundled with appropriate planes and squadrons? Hypothetically speaking of course :).

71st_AH_Hooves

I guess it would be much easier for the devs to create an autumn map with the 110, the LA-7 the g6, and other period aircraft.  That would def keep the ball rolling and even provide some more time and capital for everyone's Med craving.  though Id still LOVE carriers,  I might have to wait from the looks of the polls :(

I did find a few village shots. I lied. Sorry. ;) I'm not going to lie when I wonder about what might have been with 1C/Maddox's BoM. I'm also confident in 777 Studios because I've witnessed what they have accomplished in RoF.

Village2001_zps6ee44758.jpg

Village2003_zps267dd07b.jpg

Village2002_zps29e19d6d.jpg

Edited by Robert

71st_AH_Hooves

AS far as I know 1CGS owns all this art so...  but then again they only used the planes from BOM as reference for building all new Aircraft models in BoS,  How hard would it be to make houses in the summer? Not long, me thinks.

I hope you're right, Hooves. 777 Studios is the way forward and I think they'll succeed in future additions to the franchise. So far the response has been very positive. Hopefully that trend will continue.

EDIT: I do think this topic will end up in the "OTHER 1C games forum."  I think I got excited and spammed the topic. LOL

Edited by Robert

You guys complaining about Winter being boring realise that the German army lost WW2 in a large part because of Russian Winter, really needs to be represented in our Eastern Front flight sim. Of course all our seasons need to be represented including the important Spring Thaw period, where the melting snow turns the entire countryside into mud, and all the roads into waist high slush. 

• Upvote 1

You guys complaining about Winter being boring realise that the German army lost WW2 in a large part because of Russian Winter, really needs to be represented in our Eastern Front flight sim. Of course all our seasons need to be represented including the important Spring Thaw period, where the melting snow turns the entire countryside into mud, and all the roads into waist high slush. 

IMO, the German Leadership was insanely optimistic to think that they would defeat the USSR before winter. In other words, it was not the "Russian Winter" per se that caused Germans to lose WW2. It was their gross miscalculation of everything about Russia, and nothing else that lost them the War in the East. 

Lovely shots - it looked great, it can't be denied. I'm already looking forward to something other than snow. That'll really show off the game.

• Upvote 1

IMO, the German Leadership was insanely optimistic to think that they would defeat the USSR before winter. In other words, it was not the "Russian Winter" per se that caused Germans to lose WW2. It was their gross miscalculation of everything about Russia, and nothing else that lost them the War in the East. 

Yeah I agree.. they didn't even bring winter clothing initially.