WWGeezer

Wing Walker's Open COOP Mission Tuesday Dec 27th

We fly BOS / ROF in rotation every Tuesday.  Modified one of Prangster's Tangmere missions to create a new mission type I am calling an "Open COOP", a dogfight mission with both German and Russian bases  This is an experiment, so be patient with us. If it runs well will be doing this twice a month.  Also we do run with icons on (still learning this game). 

Tuesday Dec 27th, 6:30 PM Pacific ( yes we fly BOS in the Western Hemisphere)

No mission objectives on spawn in

Orders, Plane Sets and Waypoints arrive via Remote Console Commands

We will be flying German, anyone can join, can fly with us or against us.  Designed as a COOP so heavy Russian AI but some German as well , plenty of ground targets for all (and besides, you can just shoot us down if you need air targets).  

You don't have to be an Ace to fly with us, but we do like at least somewhat disciplined comms and we definitely like flying as a team and following Leader / Wingman protocols...no shoulder shooting, call your ins and outs, team kills favored over individual honors

Designed to run two Sorties and last under 2 hours.

Open Server, join us on our TS as noted below.

Pic1S.jpg

Pic2S.jpg

Edited by WWGeezer
  • Upvote 2

Going to be out of town on the 27th but this looks very interesting! There are a few of us West coasters around, not a lot but some.

Harry we will catch you next time.  Part of the whole goal of this mission type is to get more folks involved than just our squad.

(Paso, eh....I graduated from Cal Poly in 1980)

S! I'll join in and fly German fighters.

Edited by JimTM

We didn't have a giant crowd show up, but did have Jim TM there as well as about 7 of our squad members.  The numbers were small enough that we all flew German.

The Server Commands launching sorties and morse code sound effect worked fine.  Probably had about 10 to 12 AI in the air in a swarm as well and server ran rock solid , no warping.

The format is solid.  Will continue to work on the mission building.  Was great to have Jim there for observation and advise.

Will try to do this once or twice a month  and post an announcement so others can join.

• Upvote 1

I had a great time flying with a bunch of nice folks. The mission was fun and I enjoyed seeing the Ju-52 paratroopers in action as they landed at a factory and blew it up.

• Upvote 1