Han

Developer Diary, Part 142 - Discussion

Hello everybody,

this month was very hard for us, but productive. We managed to release the huge update 2.006 on time and to include all the improvements we planned for it. As we expected, such amount of deep changes resulted in several 'teething problems' but thanks to the team hard work and community help we quickly solved the most important ones. We'll fix the remaining ones in time.

As we announced earlier, today's Dev Diary is dedicated to creating scripted campaigns and how you can do it. 

Full news - here is a full text and visual materials
You're very welcome to subscribe for new videos here

You can ask new questions in this thread

• Upvote 10

Unexpected to get a DD update today. Thanks for this and also for today's answers on the Questions thread. You and the team really have gone above and beyond the call of duty this week. Many thanks :salute:

Wish you all a very Happy Christmas and a great 2017.

Big, big week for this series and flight simming in general. 2016 was great for us. 2017 promises to be better.

I have been active in campaign making in old IL 2, and I have tested the mission editor here. Not that it was difficult but I hope it got better the past 2 years since I tried it. I will try to go in depth so I learned it until the new features come, I really would like to make some campaigns for attack planes like IL 2 and HS 129. With full descriptions and as you said possibilities for communication within the game. 

Mostly because I think my interest on this game is not like the mainstream. Very good idea about letting the community contribute. I miss a good SP option.

Well done and Merry Christmas, well deserved rest to the team.

• Upvote 1

Nice work team!

I'm sure we are going to see some nice new campaigns in the future using this system.

Merry Christmas to all :)

Edited by Zami

Well done! 

I am waiting forward to play the Junkers 52 campaign made by Gambit!

Would pay for a Ju-52 campaign. just throwing it out here  :biggrin:

Yeah... I wonder if he's considered making it a scripted campaign? I would love to throw him a few bucks for all the time he's put in, but even if he wants to distribute for free this format could be cool.

That's the intent - head down working.

I'm just now "over the hump" with the new (to me mission editor) where I can just sit down and create.

I was able to trick the old editor into doing some things, but with this editor I can do pretty much everything I used to wish

the old editor was capable of. It's a lot of hours though...but it's coming.

With this announcement I now need to now get a handle on the structure, needed files, etc.

Great to read about these details. Last night i was messing around with the new scripted campaign example and it looks promising.

This game has come a long way and there is plenty of room to grow too.

I hope that the devs get rewarded by a good response from all simmers and wwii enthusiasts out there. Hopefully we get some more people on board.

• Upvote 1

Extremely happy with you guys, hope you all have a very merrry and happy Xmas and enjoy your break from what must have been quite a slog.

Edited by pilotpierre
  • Upvote 2

Thank you Team for all the hard work and commitment to excellence. Much appreciated and respect.

Merry Christmas

I wish you all at 1C-777 studios a very happy Christmas on Jan 7..corresponding to Christmas Day according to the Julian Calendar.

Edited by Goanna1

A big THANK YOU for your hard work and beautiful achievement.

Take some well deserved holidays, and merry Christmas to all!

Wow, the DirectX 11 port over is giving me a massive FPS boost on my old GTX 760, 20fps higher all round and I went up a preset as well as enabling more FX settings. I'm stunned, excellent work. Time to start filling up that hangar.

Merry Christmas and thanks! Congratulations on a great year.

Tactical map overlay sizes for existing maps

Stalingrad - 1792 Х 1344
Lapino - 256 Х 256
Moscow - 1408 Х 1408 
Velikiye Luki - 832 Х 624
Novosokolniki - 256 Х 256

The correct dimension for Velikye Luki is 832 X 524. It took me a while to realise that this was the reason why my overlay wasn't working.

Cheers,

Prangster

Edited by No601_Prangster

OK it's even weirder than I originally thought. The overlay has to be 524 high but in game it's stretched downward to 624 pixels. So the only way to produce an non distorted overlay is to draw it within the 524 area but then add an additional 100 pixels at the bottom to make it 624. This all then needs to be resized to 524, including the blank area, and saved as a SWF of 832 x 524.

When seen on the in game map the red bottom section wont be visible.

VL_overlay.jpg

Edited by No601_Prangster