Gambit21

A humble request regarding the Ju52 cargo unload time...

...it's a bit fast. I'm talking unloading on the ground, not dropping.

I was testing the complex trigger last night in one of my Ju52 missions along with cargo delivery.

I didn't time it, but the unloading takes maybe 10 seconds, something like that. Maybe a bit longer...but fast.

Now I understand that nobody wants to sit there for 10 or 20 minutes while imaginary, grumpy, cold men, with cold hands unload imaginary cargo, also

from a testing standpoint the short time is nice because it takes me a shorter time to test and make changes.

However from a game play standpoint it hurts immersion - it's as if the aircraft is belly dumping a hundred gallons

of fuel rather than unloading crates etc. So I propose the unload time be at least doubled, if not tripled.

Even then it will very short compared to a real life delivery, but as it stands it's as if there are 10 crates at the

door standing in line and jumping out themselves.

I have at least one mission planned where I want a bit of pucker factor as cargo is unloaded with

enemy vehicles approaching and begin firing on the players position. If unloading happens so fast, then it's a bit harder to build that drama in.

Anyway if others feel the same as well after testing then perhaps it could be changed.

If not then I'll live with it.

• Upvote 7

1 minute would be great.

As an aside - Arf Crates block please.

Most of us builders could make good use of that.

(Crates with soldiers walking around)

Already posted in suggestions

Not having a chance to try this yet, but I have to agree a 60 second unload time would be better. Lets face it the Ju52 will be used more

by us older players that would enjoy the break,  :biggrin: The Ju52 should be a stately lady that doesn't rush things.

i agree with the people saying it should be a minute. It's long enough to make you feel vulnerable but not too long that it makes it suicidal in MP if the team is there to work with you

On first inspection of the thread title I made the assumption you were requesting to shorten the unload time. I was thinking why on earth would you do that?  :biggrin:

I feel it went just a little too quickly as well. 60 seconds sounds reasonable. Good call! :salute:

I  have the same feeling.

It takes more than two and a half minute to start the engines. So 1 or 2 minutesfor unloading cargo should be enough

Im sure I have had to wait 3 mins before when unloading on a mission using the 111 as a transport. Isn't there a timer that can be added to delay things?

I have at least one mission planned where I want a bit of pucker factor as cargo is unloaded with

enemy vehicles approaching and begin firing on the players position. 

Getting more and more excited for this...

• Upvote 1

Im sure I have had to wait 3 mins before when unloading on a mission using the 111 as a transport. Isn't there a timer that can be added to delay things?

I can place a timer/trigger yes, but then I have to bypass the cargo functionality that was just added with the Ju52.

The problem is that the player will still see "100% unloaded" on the little counter after he presses the 'unload/bomb' key.

I could also trigger a little text message when

the counter runs out that says "hang on Dieter, still a few to go!" or some such. But really it would be nice if the unload time

was just longer.

I can place a timer/trigger yes, but then I have to bypass the cargo functionality that was just added with the Ju52.

The problem is that the player will still see "100% unloaded" on the little counter after he presses the 'unload/bomb' key.

I could also trigger a little text message when

the counter runs out that says "hang on Dieter, still a few to go!" or some such. But really it would be nice if the unload time

was just longer.

Fair play. Yeah they need a time variable to be added then.

I must admit I was amazed how quick it was too. You couldn't open a packet of smokes in that time, let alone unload thousands of kilos of cargo.

Sitting on the ground, worrying about what may happen as you watch the timer Slowly wind down is an important part of the gameplay surrounding supply missions. Especially in multiplayer scenarios.

Edited by Feathered_IV
  • Upvote 1

So as a work around could u enter the unload area, get the player to wait 2 mins 48 secs then trigger the new unload system..... The quick unload will end after three mins and the 12 sec bar will just serve and a final prompt

I have no control over the unload function nor a way to make them wait other than vehicles blocking on a trigger. Which is easy, but the player will still see the unload timer tick down and wonder why he's being blocked still.

Would be nice if it could be a slider option, in settings.  Or, for MP, to allow the server to dictate 'wait time' for loading/unloading.

As a mission builder I would like to be able to set that time. I think that's asking too much though - I'd be happy with 60 seconds.

On further thought, it may not always be appropriate to be 60 seconds I suppose.

Certain servers/settings may dictate a longer or shorter period depending on how missions play out. It could prove very frustrating in certain mission situations if you have to wait 60 seconds when everyone on the server knows which airfield you're mission is tasked to and just vulch the daylights out of it. 12 seconds might be more appropriate in that case.

Having mission builders being able to tweak the timer variable would seem to make the most sense.

As a mission builder I would like to be able to set that time. I think that's asking too much though - I'd be happy with 60 seconds.

I agree, it would be the best for us as mission builder. I hope that we could have that feature in the future.

Also in real life, if a cargo plane comes under attack, no one is locked to it. Everyone would get the hell out of there.

• Upvote 1