Jason_Williams

Discussion about 1CGS - TF CLOD Cooperation Announcement

1C Game Studios to Cooperate with Team Fusion on IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

1C Game Studios is excited to announce that we have reached an agreement in principle to cooperate with Team Fusion on future commercial development of IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover. This includes giving Team Fusion access to the Cliffs of Dover source code so they may continue their work to fix and improve Cliffs of Dover and build commercial add-ons for the base title. Such cooperation was made possible only recently as full ownership rights to Cliffs of Dover was returned to 1C Company after many years.  We can now allow Team Fusion to continue their work more comfortably and help turn Cliffs of Dover into the product is was intended to be. 1C Game Studios recognizes the hard work and passion that Team Fusion has exhibited in improving Cliffs of Dover and we welcome their continued dedication to the product. We also welcome them to the 1C Game Studios family of developers who help make the combat flight-sim genre and IL-2 Sturmovik series so compelling.

Pilots!

You can discuss this topic here in this area of the forum.

Original Announcement Here.

Jason

• Upvote 11

Sounds like fantastic news! I'm sure Team Fusion will be greatly helped by getting source code access.

Me too I tried CLOD with Team Fusion patches but it did not meet my expectations, but this is very nice to hear!

Team Fusion is a serious dedicated team. 

They did a lot of work to make CLOD better.

That is the best thing happening to them and for players who feel pain to patch the sim.

One more step for WW2 simulation is made!

(although I would much prefer if they make a Battle of North Africa for IL BOX, but that is another story...)

That is amazing! I may just give clod another shot when they get it all updated! You guys are awesome for giving them full access. I imagine it will be brought back to life and become as great as it was supposed to be. Now people should really understand the BoX move to the Pacific instead of the Mediterranean.

• Upvote 2

21st december:

- date of this CloDo annoucement

- International Day of Orgasm

Coincidence?

I don't think so!

• Upvote 8

And so unexpected! Hit me like a Hammer out of nowhere! I heard no rumors... Nothing....

This is a giant step for the WWII simworld! :)

Team Fusion would like to thank Jason Williams, Nikolay Baryshnikov and 1C Games for their generous decision to take this first step towards partnering with us.

We hope to fulfill their trust and provide a worthy successor to CLIFFS OF DOVER, in the proud tradition of BATTLE OF STALINGRAD, BATTLE OF MOSCOW and the entire IL-2 STURMOVIK series.

We look forward to a long and productive collaboration between our companies.

• Upvote 27

For a second or two I was tempted to check whether I had missed today being April 1st or not ... but suddenly a bunch of things clicked into place (i.e. the North Africa thing). All the best to TF.

Edited by csThor

I would be more excited if there will be a non-steam version of CoD. Steam is the only reason why I dont play it.

• Upvote 1

Does that mean that Cliffs of Dover will be sold through steam again?

It has been and still is up for sale on Steam!

Excellent news! 

So, does that potentially mean a possibility of more flyables? It would be great to fly the Defiant. I'd actually pay for that :).

Edited by TheBlackPenguin

Fantastic news.

I honestly never imagined it would happen.

Thanks to all who made it possible.

Nice move by 1C / 777!

Congratulations.

Did try TF CloD but, well, after having used il-2 Battle of Stalingrad, it's difficult to find anything up to it's level in many aspects... Anyway, that's good news!

Unbelievable news.  I mean this literally.  NEVER even dreamed of this happening.  Very smart of both parties to put this deal together!  I for one can't wait.  Who will have the better Spitfire, CLoD or IL2???  Let the competition begin!

• Upvote 1

It has been and still is up for sale on Steam!

Not for me. There is no option to buy

Edit: Dropbox being shitty

Edited by Sargoth