Flowub

.NET framework message pops up every 30 seconds

Hi all, this is my first post and I got a pretty strange problem.

But before I get into that, here are my specs:

post-41973-0-54735100-1482307430_thumb.png

I haven't played IL-2 BoS in about a month or two, but when I launched it today, I got this strange error about a second after I start a flight:

post-41973-0-27133000-1482307104_thumb.png

I sometimes get this error in other games, but it only happens at launch and doesn't appear again. In IL-2, however, it happens about every 30 seconds of flight time. This is what my screen looks like after about 5 minutes of flight:

post-41973-0-74759200-1482307308_thumb.png

As a result, I attempted to follow the prompt and download the .NET framework. After clicking download, The download bar doesn't move for a few minutes, then this message pops up with error code 0x800f081f

post-41973-0-90691900-1482307635_thumb.png

After googling for awhile and trying to fix it by download the .NET framework manually and checking to make sure my PC connects to the windows update severs (it does), I have no idea what to do. Can anyone please help?

Thanks in advance!

In game files - Data - redist

are included the.exe, for installing .Net and Vcredist

try these

Cheers Dakpilot

• Upvote 1

In game files - Data - redist

are included the.exe, for installing .Net and Vcredist

try these

Cheers Dakpilot

Thanks for the information. So I tried that and it only had the install files for .NET framework 4.0. I ran it anyway, but it said my computer already had 4.0 and did not install. After running IL-2 again, same problem occurs. 

Additionally, It still happens after the recent hotfix and after I reinstalled. 

I have windows 10 64 and I had it pup up and I installed it and it didn't come back. Make sure you are not running the game when updating to it. Close the game and try downloading the Framework from Microsoft if the issue persists.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/download/details.aspx?id=21

Edited by astrix_au

I have windows 10 64 and I had it pup up and I installed it and it didn't come back. Make sure you are not running the game when updating to it. Close the game and try downloading the Framework from Microsoft if the issue persists.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/download/details.aspx?id=21

Thanks for the link, but the download bar refuses to move, just as it did before. 

Also, I'm running the steam version, if that helps.

Thanks for the link, but the download bar refuses to move, just as it did before. 

Also, I'm running the steam version, if that helps.

I'm also running the steam version.

I have the same problem. I can't seem to get my computer to download and install .net 3.5 and il2 gives me a popup every 15 seconds or so...or at least it triggers a windows prompt asking me to do so. Same error code.

I am experiencing the same problem. I am pretty sure this problem started after the new update 2.009. No idea what to do to solve it. I tried to install .net 3.5 but windows is the game is asking still for the feature.

Please, some help from the support team.

You will need to manually download and install .NET Framework 3.5. 

I followed this link:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_install/how-to-instal-net-framework-35-on-windows-10/450b3ba6-4d19-45ae-840e-78519f36d7a4

to get the download location; Installed it and it fixed things for me.  This is for Windows 10 64 bit which is what I have.  The framework 4.x is already built in to Win 10 and is supposed to be backwards compatible but as you can see not 100%.

Try that.

I try many ways but I couldn't installed it manualy. Then I finally solve it with the O.S. installer. If somebody else still has the pop ups, follow this youtube link: 

I'm having the same issue.

Let me ask, I run IL-2 Cliffs Of Dover Blitz wich needs .NET Framework 4.7.1, but  my Windows 8.1 Pro doesn't support it... so I installed .NET Framework 4.6 and it worked.

If I install the .NET Framework 3.5 won't it mess my Cliffs Of Dover?

I also run DCS too.

If you did a fresh install of Windows 10 FCU from a USB drive there is only one way to fix this issue, first time I could just turn it on through Turn Features on and off but if you installed Windows 10 FCU through the USB or other media the .Netframe work was missing from the installing media, so it's not just a simple re download like it would normally be when it's included in the installation.

You can do it manually which is very tricky, I suggest you guys use this software below. It's what I used after I had trouble doing it manually.

https://www.techgainer.com/tools/net-framework-3-5-offline-installer-windows-10-8-x/

If you are seeing an error code 0x800F081F when you try to install .NET Framework on your Windows computer. Press start, type Run, type services.msc, Scroll to "Windows Update" and right click and select Start if Stopped. Try to update again.

If you are unsure how to manually add 3.5 in W10 follow this guide:

a) Press “Windows Logo” + “R” keys on the keyboard.

b) Type “appwiz.cpl” in the “Run” command box and press “ENTER”.

c) In the “Programs and Features” window, click on the link “Turn Windows features on or off”.

d) Check if the “.NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0)” option is available in it.

e) If yes, then enable it and then click on “OK”.

f) Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation and restart the computer, if prompted.