Han

Developer Diary, Part 141 - Discussion

Hello Everybody,

Last week was an important one for the project - it was the first week of the new beta version test that includes all the major optimizations tied to the DirectX 11 transition. Our expectations turned out to be true:
Now we are finishing the implementation with the help of our beta testers who confirm the results we're seeing. Next, we plan to spend 1-2 months creating new technologies required for the Kuban map - 3D sea, mountain slopes and other features tied to its landscape. After this, but before the end of winter, we plan to release the update with better VR support for Oculus Rift and HTC Vive.
This week we also opened pre-orders for our first scripted historical campaign called Ten Days of Autumn. T
The first new plane from Battle of Kuban, the Bf-109 G-4, is almost ready for release.
The Ju-52 3mg4e turned out to be an interesting plane
By the way, don't miss out on the 25% Off pre-order special for the Ju-52 which expires upon release! The pre-order offer also includes a special skin. If you are interested in purchasing it don't hold until last minute or you may miss out!

We hope that this unique workhorse of WWII will reward you with hours of fun while you learn its peculiarities flying new and challenging mission types. 

Full news - here is a full text and visual materials
You're very welcome to subscribe for new videos here

You can ask new questions in this thread

• Upvote 21

good news, love the Ju-52 pictures. Can't wait to drop my Fallschirmjäger

Edited by 6./ZG26_Asgar

So is Han saying no DX11 before christmas but in the Feb instead?  

Brilliant! Thankyou so much - there's going to be endless fun with this. Waiting with bated breath for its release.

Cheers.

Can't wait to test the Ju-52. One question though: do the paratrooper and cargo drops leave entries into mission log? It would be good to have this for scripting purposes.

• Upvote 1

So is Han saying no DX11 before christmas but in the Feb instead?  

As I understand it Dx11 is in second week of Beta testing with good results so we can expect it this month (propably next week as beta testing usually runs for 2 weeks if everything goes weel). But VR enhanced compatibility that was announced end of January in DD136 seems to be postponed to "before end of winter" 

DD137 : So, our transferring to DirectX 11 is going as planned. We plan to finish this work by the end of this year; and Open VR API support should be completed by the end of the January.
DD141 : After this, but before the end of winter, we plan to release the update with better VR support for Oculus Rift and HTC Vive.
Edited by NN_RugbyGoth
  • Upvote 1

Good news on the Ju 52, really looking forward to this one. About DX11 - if in complex scenes FPS go up by a factor of 2-2.5, about what extra number of objects will bring it back down to the original frame rate? Would fights with 100 aircraft be fine now if 30 were before? Or would it be 50, or 500?

" The air-dropped supply containers are ready. We're creating three additional mission types for the current Campaign mode that will be available to Ju-52 owners - special squad parachute drop behind enemy lines, cargo container air-drop and cargo delivery to an airfield. "

THIS IS FANTASTIC!!!

Tante Ju is bringing new games mechanics!

3 totally new missions types!!! :o:

WOW!! I could never expected so much!!!

I have NEVER seen that in ANY simulator!!

YOU GUYS ROCK!!!

Thank you so much for making my dreams trues!

I have a friend who is really happy about the sim while I let him try it (he is using my 2nd account), he told me:

"This sim is fantastic and I want to encourage the dev team so I will buy it (in the official website of course)"

Keep in mind that is is broke, he has not even enough money to buy a new joystick

Good job!  ;)

Edited by Nil*
  • Upvote 7

Outstanding work!

Best flight sim EVER!

Thank you for the hours and hours of entertainment you have provided!

• Upvote 1

Great update!

Fantastic looking screenshots, very nice job with the JU52.

On the complex trigger changes, that's gonna take me forever, i use them in pretty much every SP mission.

Would it be possible to update them by opening the mission with a text editor and replacing check entities with check planes? Or other syntax has also changed and we need to use the FME?

Cheers,

JM

Edited by Jade_Monkey

Absolutely fantastic update,

lots to take in, the screen shots look incredible and can't wait to fly the Ju52.

Amazing work!

• Upvote 1

Absolutely fantastic update. Really excited about the complex trigger! :coffee:

Edited by No601_Swallow
  • Upvote 1

As I understand it Dx11 is in second week of Beta testing with good results so we can expect it this month (propably next week as beta testing usually runs for 2 weeks if everything goes weel). But VR enhanced compatibility that was announced end of January in DD136 seems to be postponed to "before end of winter" 

Cheers RubyGoth

Love all the detail with the opening cargo/passenger doors and internal cargo crates. This is nothing short of amazing and shows me I made the right choice when preordering it on day 1.

DX11 of course is much anticipated as well and I can't wait to see how much the better performence and future graphical updates will benefit IL-2.

• Upvote 2

I probably have said this before but great DD  :biggrin:

Looking forward for Dx11, new campaign and Ju-52. It`s going to be a great update once again  :salute:

Great news, and the Ju-52 looks nothing short of beautiful. My grandfather flew them occasionally in ferry flights back in Brazil, and if he was still with us I'm sure would have bought a new computer just to fly it given how realistic it looks. Impressive work guys, thanks for the update :)

• Upvote 2

i am afraid of new Dx11 :( Now I am playing at medium details and i must turn of grass (thanks to community help)
If I understand correctly, DX11 will be 2x more harder for my 3 years old PC.

i am afraid of new Dx11 :( Now I am playing at medium details and i must turn of grass (thanks to community help)

If I understand correctly, DX11 will be 2x more harder for my 3 years old PC.

That is the opposite mate, 

DX11 will improve your performances so you sim is going to make IL2 work even better!

That is the opposite mate, 

DX11 will improve your performances so you sim is going to make IL2 work even better!

OOOH REALLY? So great, i must be lost in translate  :rolleyes: 

Thank you very much  :salute:

Awesome update coming up.

Thank you team  :salute:

OOOH REALLY? So great, i must be lost in translate  :rolleyes: 

Thank you very much  :salute:

i have laptop 17' / Dell / Nvidia Geforce 940m / 4 GB RAM / intel (don't know how much) i am at work now so i can't describe exactly.

Ju-52 screen series and Chute Bombs. 
I did not expect Tante Ju to become a Bomber, but you surprised me in a very very pleasant way!

capture the Flag games incoming!

This Devteam is insane.
Awesome!