Old Il2 flyers reunion.

Another post gave me this idea. http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/26315-need-som-help-wailwulf-old-il2-dayz/

Quote:Wailwulf from the "old time" of 1946... is he here under another name?

If not, does anyone know him.. I recall his prefix as AB1_  but I could be mistaken

Would appreciate any help. Send me a PM unquote

How many here flew the original Il2? Kinda like a reunion of sort. Maybe some of us can meet old friends. I was (Stanger) back when the beta came out what 15 years ago.

Edited by TwoLate
  • Upvote 1

I've always been Gambit.

The only names here I remember from our co-ops, created and hosted by either myself or Seahawk89, is Luke and I think Blitzpig El now and then. However most were not normally on forums - you'd find them in Hyperlobby.

Hyperlobby went a LONG way towards enabling a healthy online community.

• Like 1

Always been Trooper117, I still have the IL2 demo,  bought every single bit of IL2 that came out...

I remember struggling with the game, thinking that this can't be how you fly these things and gave up... I never wanted to play in an arcade way so didn't go down that road.

After a little while my passion for flying took over again and I started searching everywhere for info on how to fly a WWII aircraft. Slowly finding my feet until I could take off and land etc.

Eventually things like trackir came along, online squadrons were formed and I fell in with some great people from the EAF (European Air Force) and ended up in 19 Sqn.

They quickly got a grip of me and soon I was taking part in big online wars and co-ops etc... what a fantastic time for people who loved flight simulation games!

I was online with Hyperlobby and the boys from the EAF every time I could.

IL2 was the only game I played for years... Thanks OLeg, and thanks to the EAF!

Flew the original IL2 for years, Stopped flying sims for like 6 years (started flying real planes) then 3 months ago went to Heritage museum of flight,  and there  was a demo of IL2 (old one) played a bit and got hooked again.

Bought BOS BOM and COD.

Staring to play online now.

Love it!

Used to frequent forums at SimHQ

Yes, Ian Boys from the original IL2 beta test and just ended up more involved after that. Still LOVING this and looking forward to every new thing, although flying the IL-2 itself is where my heart is.

I remember you from way back when. Never realized that was you from your handle here.

There are more than a few missing names of old. I tried out the IL2 demo in 2003 and fell in love; just doing BFM and watching replays in external views was amazing.

Not much time to fly in recent years (envying you 9-5ers; I've got an all-absorbing small business to run) so I'm just buying the releases, keeping up with the dev updates and fantasising about having time to fly with VR from December 2017. Loving the direction the sim is heading.

Most of SvAF are 46s. I recognize many familiar names from the grand old days of GreaterGreen, WarbirdsOfPrey Servers, Online Wars, Virtual Pilots, F16_Dedicated Server and many many more excellent online servers. Some of you guys were never active in multiplayer but very active on UbiZoo as we called it, and later the BananaForum.

Rjel is familiar to me, as is Ian Boys (who made a huge contribution with his work to community *lift my hat sir*)

Aufpassen as well, trooper of course, Mr Crash, da Pot(enz).. Gambit.. our moderator Bearcat of course..

Some names are missing.. Wailwulf as I said, CrazyIvan, Billfish, Viking, Thunderbolt56.. where is ElAurens(?),Mysticpuma has been seen..ChicagoChad.... oh how about the Mysterious unibrow ;)

Edited by SvAF/F19_Klunk
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Was TF_Logan for awhile when I flew with The Foxbats, AKA  We The Few. Most of the time went by AG8_Blackwolf back then. Ran a server or two for the Air Group 8 on hyperlobby for a few years too. I still have the original IL2 disc. Funny I got it and my computer couldn't run it so it sat around a few years before I upgraded and gave it a try, I stuck to flying in Warbirds with the Avengers until I could run it. 

I got into IL-2 just after the release of Forgotten Battles. It was probably May 2003. I've been following the series intently ever since. Originally flew under the callsign 'Ice', joined the 92 Squadron RAF squad for a short while, flew forever (and still do sometimes) with the Battlefields UK folks which are an awesome bunch. I published a dozen different campaigns for IL-2 including Storm Clouds which was kind of my magnum opus as it combined a lot of the skills that I had learned earlier along with the Tempest V (one of my absolute all time favs) and I ended up having an incredible time working on that. And then I ended up here!

It's been a blast! I see lots of familiar faces over the years and some new ones too.

Does anybody remember screenshotart.com or whatever if was? (Warning: Don't go there now! It's definitely NSFW  :o: )

It was a bunch of people doing screenshots and stuff, sometimes with postprocessing, it was fun. I recreated a picture of the Doolittle raid once. Set up a mission of B-25s off Enterprise or something because Hornet wasn'it in the game haha made the wind artificially high to get the AI to take off and got some screenshots of myself along with them. Then I made it all grainy and such. It was this picture I was emulating: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/dc/Army_B-25_(Doolittle_Raid).jpg/300px-Army_B-25_(Doolittle_Raid).jpg

I never played online much. No idea what my name was back then, I was probably 14.

Edited by 19.GIAP//curiousGamblerr

Played Virtual Eastern Front and other online wars as LeOs.K_Polkku. LeOs.K was a happy bunch on drunkards flying Stukas, which still is my favourite plane.

We used to do Stuka gaggles on Battlefields 1 and 2. Some of the most hilarious things when we got nearly an entire team to all fly Stukas at once. It was a slaughter but it was hilarious.

Yes, Ian Boys from the original IL2 beta test and just ended up more involved after that. Still LOVING this and looking forward to every new thing, although flying the IL-2 itself is where my heart is.

I remember you from way back when. Never realized that was you from your handle here.

Neither have I. :-) Hope Ian, you still have the connection to the country I come from.

Saw Oleg make the very first hesitant inquiries over at Combatsim.com and SimHQ.com ... I think it was in 1999. Got in touch with him (as I was in Berlin at that time and could supply a bunch of details on the city). As for Il-2 itself ... Demo. P-39. Stallfest at its finest. :lol:

• Upvote 2

Saw Oleg make the very first hesitant inquiries over at Combatsim.com and SimHQ.com ... I think it was in 1999. Got in touch with him (as I was in Berlin at that time and could supply a bunch of details on the city). As for Il-2 itself ... Demo. P-39. Stallfest at its finest. :lol:

After the first couple of hours in P39 stalls, IL2 ended up on a shelf for a few months. It was the first time I've been reeeeally frustrated with a game.... but the challenge beckoned to me... I was hooked and I'm still hooked.

• Upvote 1

Been around since December 26 2001.

First squad was AKA, then joined the BlitzPigs.   Been a Pig, and proud of it, ever since.

Nothing wrong with pigs. :);)

Anyway, in this thread someone is looking for the Blitzpigs.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/380552-Any-of-the-Old-Gang-still-here-from-10-years-ago?p=10313202&viewfull=1#post10313202

The whole thread is a trip down memory lane.

Several nicks and avatars are very familiar to me. Even after all these years,

And it is quite some time ago I logged in for the last time at Ubi.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/380552-Any-of-the-Old-Gang-still-here-from-10-years-ago/page29

This was us way back when.......

Miss the guys, just me and my new wing man Zespher holding the fort now.

Always have been JG5_Schuck (except for a short spell with 9./JG52 in CloD).

And just Schuck in MS Combat Flight Simulator in 1998.

post-13065-0-52456200-1480202561_thumb.jpg

Hi, been Daedallus since I got the demo and had to buy a 2nd hand graphics card to play it. Was a member of MOH and then Raven squads. My favourite time was the Virtual Online War, waiting for the boards to fill up and then off into the wide blue yonder!