Sidewinder FFB2 and TrackIR conflict

III/JG52_Necro_v

52 minutes ago, CanadaOne said:

Tried different planes, different maps, turning FFB off in flight, prior to flight, at game opening, unplugging from wall, etc., and every time FFB is off in-game, spring tension goes to zero and it's like a wet noodle. Must be a hardware/software conflict in the bowels of the machine making it wonky. I have FFB stick noise filter always at zero in the game. I have no idea what that does.

I might still get the trackir for DCS and see how flyable it is in BOX.

Well, I can't say you haven't tried.  It's a shame.  The only time mine does the wet noodle stuff is if I fire up BoS after flying DCS and then I simply unplug/replug the usb cable into the pc.

If you're enjoying DCS then I'd deffo get TrackIr - it really is a game changer.

:salute: 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DD_Arthur said:

Well, I can't say you haven't tried.  It's a shame.  The only time mine does the wet noodle stuff is if I fire up BoS after flying DCS and then I simply unplug/replug the usb cable into the pc.

If you're enjoying DCS then I'd deffo get TrackIr - it really is a game changer.

:salute: 

I'm going to keep trying. For the moment, I'm ordering another SSD and transferring BOX and DCS onto that. My C: drive is too full and I can't even finish the Steam DCS 2.5 update so I can't even play DCS; it's stuck in the "downloading update" zone. Good grief! The trackir will follow this week.

Thanks for the help. :)