Han

Developer Diary, Part 139 - Discussion

Hello Everybody,

This week brought significant changes to the world, let's hope they are for the better and that these changes in will also be for good for our project. Our products are intended for full-hearted, patriotic people all around the world who love their own particular country’s history, but want to enjoy our hobby in peace and prosperity.

This week we started beta testing of version 2.005 that will bring Yak-1b Series 127 Collector Plane. The testing goes well and we hope that we we'll be able to release the new version (and the Collector Plane to those who pre-purchased it) next week. We'd like to remind you that Yak-1b Series 127 pre-order offer is still in effect, including 25% OFF discount and a unique skin that will be available only to customers who pre-purchased it. The Pre-order offer is valid until the release of this plane, so if you considered getting it please don't postpone your decision.
Moreover, work on the first aircraft for Battle of Kuban, a new Messerschmidt modification the Bf 109 G-4, is progressing well. Today we are ready to show you the official skins of this plane, which, by the way, were painstakingly created by talented community member I./ZG1_Panzerbar. We valued his advice before and now we decided to try a new level of cooperation:
It's also important to note that we finished DirectX 11 alpha testing and the main bulk of debugging work required for this transition and we plan to start implementing the already prepared and tested changes into the main game branch immediately after the version 2.005 release. Therefore, if all goes well, we hope to release version 2.006 in December with DirectX 11 support included. There is a chance that unforeseen issues could postpone DX11 launch, but so far, everything goes according to plan and we hope that nothing will interfere with it. At launch, there will be no real visible difference in the graphical appearance of the product. Any possible future improvements to scene rendering or special effects will have to come later after further research and experimentation. Our most important goal for DX11 was to improve performance of our current scene rendering and support for VR development.

Full news - here is a full text and visual materials
You're very welcome to subscribe for new videos here

You can ask new questions in this thread

• Upvote 8

I'm so happy about the new changes, too bad windows ten likes to mess my controllers up so i cant really fly anymore :(

awesome news! can't wait to see Dx11 at work and the new planes coming into the game.  :)

Good news about the upcoming release of 2.005, really looking forward to it.

Also good to hear, that everything is going according to plan with DX11 in 2.006, and it's good of you to when us not to expect graphics improvements from the start but rather increased performance, gives us an idea about what to look for.

Great to see, the G4 fly inside the sim, and thx Panzerbär for the beautiful skins, that must mean you've got 3 different planes flying and pending release right? You guys work at an incredible pace. :good:

Can't wait to get my hand on that Yak!

Edited by Finkeren
  • Upvote 1

Love that pre-order Yak-1b skin (though shouldn't it say CCCP instead of USSR?). Can't wait to see the pre-order Ju-52 skin :biggrin:

• Upvote 3

Thanks guys for the pace you made/make to get the DX11 implementation as quick as possible realized - eagerly waiting to see it's actual performance improvement !!! Hope Santa will bring us DX11 and the Tante Ju... ;)

Btw - even though I'm not really a "full-hearted, patriotic" in the deepest sense and I do not really love my "own particular country’s history" to the full extent, I pretty much appreciate the work you have done so far with making the by far best combat fight simulation ever !!!

Edited by Geleitzug
  • Upvote 3

Nice work on the G4 skins Panzerbär!

and thx Panzerbär for the beautiful skins

:) Thx mates!

Edited by I./ZG1_Panzerbar
  • Upvote 6

Great looking skins, awesome work Panzer :)

May have to invest in the Yak after all...

Excelent!

I just bought the BOK, Jak 1 and JU 52 , just to support you guys. Dont spend it all on beer!

Master

Excelent!

I just bought the BOK, Jak 1 and JU 52 , just to support you guys. Dont spend it all on beer!

Master

Personally I feel they all deserve a Beer (or 2)  :)

Cheers Dakpilot

• Upvote 1

Thank you devs.

Thank you Panzerbar.

I do not understand about Products for patriots?

Explain this in more detail, please?

On the other hand I say that I support all their products and I am a lover of Il-2 Battle of Stalingrad / Moscow / Kuban, and everything

that comes in the future, I like to see new features in this simulator.

Thx

you mean, like paratroopers and transport missions? or do you mean improved fuel systems which are on the short list after BoK release?

you mean, like paratroopers and transport missions? or do you mean improved fuel systems which are on the short list after BoK release?

I like everything that is done in this simulator, it has no more mystery. And I hope you see future

I am so excited for this sim! It keeps getting better, will be buying BOK soon, gotta support these guys. On another note, does any of you people know if the transition to DX11 will help solve the "flickering trees" issue? 

Edited by JG19_Mueller

I like everything that is done in this simulator, it has no more mystery. And I hope you see future

does anyone know what he means?

Would be even nicer to see a vulkan implementation instead dx11, you will expand your product to all platforms and thats better for the business

Excellent work Han, thanks a lot for sharing :)

And my sincerest congratulations to Panzerbar for this collaboration. The skins are looking awesome, well done!

It's going so fast that one could even have the impression that everything was ready long ago and now they put it out of the drawer step by step... :biggrin:

Edited by Geleitzug

Would be even nicer to see a vulkan implementation instead dx11, you will expand your product to all platforms and thats better for the business

Should be the next step, especially that Vulkan does not require W10 to work but can run on any system. I hope that Vulkan will be taken into consideration at some point and eventually end up being implemented. 

So perhaps 2.006 will bring Dx11 and Ju-52 (Jason told it will be released in December also near Santa)?

Id like to know that Dx11 will improve antialiasting.