• Curtiss-Wright C-46 Commando
    • Douglas A-20 Havoc
    • Douglas A-26 / B-26 Invader
    • Douglas C-47 (Skytrain / Dakota)
    • Douglas SBD Dauntless
    • Grumman F4F Wildcat
    • Douglas TBD Devastator
    • Vought F4U corsair

What does Ju-188 Rache (Revenge) stand for? It never had a troop name.

Ho 229 is a fictional name. It is either Ho IX or Go 229. Media changed that name later on creating confusion.

Also it's quite pointless including prototypes and atmost rare aircraft as well as such which are way outside the current and future timelines. Realisticly only the pacific aircraft might be expectable and I'm all for them.

Edited by 6./ZG26_5tuka
  • Upvote 2

No offence meant, but I find the list a bit of a mixed bag, to be true

What is the idea behind it exactly, it isn't Battle of Britain or Western Europe, or perhaps a bit, it also

is a bit of Pacific, but again only a bit.

And finally, or should I say, first of all, it hardly is part of our current Eastern Front flight sim :huh:

Edited by Roast

The German and Russian side are missing some important aircraft tbh.  

- Tupolev SB

- I-153 

- Hs-123

- FW-189

- Hs-126

The last two are interesting for the ostfront if they flesh out some kind of recon mode like in ROF.  The first one would be interesting for schlachtgruppen as an entry level plane.

But i would also like some different versions of already added planes. 

- Ju-87 B/R (Just to have a proper stuka for Moscow)

- Bf-110 F-2 (By the end of 1942 the E model is a bit old and slow...)

- Yak-1 1941 

- Lagg-3 series (4/8)

Grt M

• Upvote 3

To be honest what I would like to see and the SP people would love this is:

A training aircraft for each side (Bü 131A and or Bücker Bü 181 for the Germans???) which would add an important layer to the SP campaign, which of course is learning to fly :-)

Imagine the level of immersion if a campaign started you out in a bi-plane trainer at a flight school followed by conversion training to a fighter and bomber (maybe be able to do only one, but can't fly the other until conversion training has been completed), then the option of actually flying to your first operational posting.

Other German aircraft also missing are:

HE112 (actually saw combat)

TA152 H-1 

FW190D9 and D12

Yes please. I would sell my left te***cle for this one!!

Grt M

I know people think that these types of aircraft offer little in terms of gameplay/value but they bring so much character to the table and it's all the little odds and ends like the Hs123 or Po-2 that really fill the gaps.

Sort of how recon/transport aircraft do the same thing... Less fighters, less bombers... More variety.

• Upvote 1

I know people think that these types of aircraft offer little in terms of gameplay/value but they bring so much character to the table and it's all the little odds and ends like the Hs123 or Po-2 that really fill the gaps.

Sort of how recon/transport aircraft do the same thing... Less fighters, less bombers... More variety.

I agree! lets hope we get them one day.

• 3 weeks later...

+1

It is my hope for oddities like this I became a founder for all expansions in this game. This sim is particular good simulating slow odd and heavy kites and should take the opportunity to make them.

P-47n for Okinawa expansion:

3_153.jpg

P-47 D-5 for New Guinea (hopefully):

P-47D-3-RA-222637%20%5B640x480%5D.jpg

Martin B-26 Marauder for Midway:

b-26-marauder-american-bomber.jpg

F6F Hellcat:

f6fb.jpg

I pretty much want every aircraft in 1946 to be redone for this game.

Also an aircraft I've always liked,

P-26 Peashooter:

p26-8a.jpg

Also, some old pre-war biplanes would be nice for training:

Boeing Stearman:

boeing-stearman-142473.jpg

Edited by Legioneod

Aircraft that I would vote for before the move away from the Eastern Front…

Essential:

Ilyushin DB-3F /Il-4

Polikarpov I-153P

Henschel Hs123A

Junkers Ju87B

Needed for historical scenarios:

Hawker Hurricane IIB

Polikarpov U-2

Lisunov Li-2

Sukhoi Su-2

IAR 80A

Focke-Wulf 189

Nice to have:

Tupolev TB-3

Tupolev SB (2M-103)

Blohm & Voss Bv141

Dornier Do17Z

Possible seaplanes & floatplanes for Kuban?

Beriev MBR-2

Catalina /Nomad/GST?

Arado Ar196

Blohm & Voss Bv138

Almost nothing from the poll list.

Cheers.

Edited by 216th_Cat
  • Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

What an odd list. No P-51, no P-47, no Mosquito, No Typhoon or Tempest, but a Boulton Paul Defiant. And an Arado Ar 240?

Personally I'd ike to see the late war LW jets in the sim, but not without the allied machines that took them on. The Jug, the Mustang and late marque Spitfires shouldn't be missing from any list that includes jets. Also, the less glamorous Meteor, (quite inferior to the 262) nonetheless played it's part in taking us all into the jet age.

I hope they will make G-6 as a collector´s plane. I hope this dream will come true :rolleyes:

Considering the numerical significance of the G-6 / G10, I think it's a dead certainty. Any mid-war scenario without the G-6 is missing something important. Also in that vein, the La5FN, late model Clipped Clapped and Cropped Spitfire V with 18lb(?) boost, the early Spitfire IX, Spitfire XII and P-51B (and Alinson engined Tac-R / low-rated variants) could be great for telling the mid-war story.

IAR 80A

Oh yes! What a fine looking ship. Bring on the P-38's.

Transport planes: the Dc3 family (Li2, C47,L2D)

Definately would like to see more transport aircraft. I've said it before, but med-evac, para and suply drops, agent insertion and glider towing have the potential to make for excellent objective-based gameplay. The Po-2 / U2, DC3 family and Lysander would be fantastic additions.

For me I would like to see the following. All would be used in these battle areas. Hs 123 Ju 87B Storch I-153

Agreed. No hot stuff there, just the unsung workhorses of a real war.

I had one favourite I always been fascinated by, Flew 6 years in the conflict with absolute success. The fairey Swordfish.

Paired with the Fulmar it could make for great storytelling. Mining Norwegian fjords, mauling the Italian Fleet at Tarranto, getting hell off HMS Sheffield or crippling the most feared Battleship in the Atlantic... Re-enacting a winged "Charge of the Light Brigade" during the Chanel Dash, before finally being reinvented as a loitering sub-hunter with centimentric radar and 80lb rockets.

Overall, I would say there is a conspicuous shortage of British aircraft in the game, but this is largely a consequence of our shared feeling that 1CGS / 777's Il-2 will untimately rival 1946 in its diversity and scope. Once you have seen what can be done, there's no going back to ordinary...

• 2 months later...

Seeing as this is the only "wish list" thread I could find....

PO-2 / U-2!!! Not sure why the Po-2 is not considered, it seemed to be a major work horse doing rear admin / transport duties as well as front-line. Sometimes I just want to run the mail from base to base in a PO-2!! :happy:

251975.jpg

I-153

2275.jpg

Beriev Be-4

1_11.jpg

Yak-6

yak8-2.jpg

Edited by NrthrnLtspilotkid233

Personally I'd love to see the TB-3, it was such an adaptable workhorse as well as an amazing looking creation. In addition to its main role of being a heavy bomber it can fill the roles of transport and paradrop currently being filled by the Ju.52, seems fair to me!

I don't see the point of the poll. I think a better one would be "What aircraft would you prefer to be on the dev plan next?" or "Which aircraft for the PTO would you want to be made first?"

I can't answer the existing question as I want to see all planes in the sim.

Now which aircraft do I absolutely have to have at some point? For me it's the American medium bombers such as A-20/B24-26, the P-38, the Douglass dive bombers, TBF Avenger, Wildcat, Corsair, Catalina, and the Mosquito

Which aircraft do I want next? A-20B and The P-39

Which two would I pick to have first in the PTO? Wildcat and Dauntless

• Upvote 1
  • 4 weeks later...