Han

Developer Diary, Part 136 - Discussion

Hello Everybody,

Several important things happened this week. First of all, we released the new update 2.004 yesterday with many changes and improvements which are listed in detail here:

In addition, work on the 3D models of the Yak-1b Series 127 and Ju-52 3mg4e is finished and we are working on their physics models and the new mission types for the Ju-52. We plan to finish Yak-1b Series 127 physics and begin its beta test next week.

Moreover, we will begin the tests of the DirectX 11 renderer as soon as this week. This will be an alpha test and if it goes well, we'll add it to beta together with the new Yak.

We also begun work on the 3D models of the Douglas A-20B Boston and Supermarine Spitfire Mk.Vb.

Also, we had an interesting event occur last weekend. Three of us (Han, An.Petrovich and Gavrik) were invited by community members (ROSS_Wespe, Kirill, =MG=Dooplet11, ZloyPetrushkO) to visit Staritsa airfield in Tver region (actually we have this airfield in Battle of Moscow, it is in the middle between Rzhev and Kalinin). There, ROSS_Wespe gave us a ride on a SOCATA Rallye to check how closely several phenomena and effects correspond between IL-2 aircraft and this plane. 

We should also mention the event that will take place in November. AiRussia is a virtual pilots competition, where you can prove you're one of the best. To win, you need to push your skills to the limit. We suggest you to participate!
You may to visit http://airussiaopen.ru to register and get more information.

In the end of this Dev Diary we would like to show you a set of skins for Ju-52 3mg4e we made for this Collector Plane:

Full news - here is a full text and visual materials
You're very welcome to subscribe for new videos here

You can ask new questions in this thread

• Upvote 17

looking good. didn't expect a DD today to be honest. New patch and such great news in one week. Great work guys  :salute:

Nice, thanks for the news!

I`m sure VR guys will be very happy to see this DD. Exciting to see what else DX11 will bring us.

Nice skins on that Ju-52! 

• Upvote 2

Very interesting development! Makes me wonder what to upgrade to next. A VR set of a big ass monitor and 4K. Checked out a 4K set a couple of days ago, and it looks amazing. VR is great, but i don't know if i want to disconnect myself from the world that much. And using keyboard will be tricky i think.

Grt M 

Good news about the Spitfire, I want the real deal.

One of the resons I really like what you are doing with this sim.

• Upvote 1

Exciting news!

each dd day is like Santa Claus speaking about new gifts and toys to play with!

Thank you so much for the new type mission we will get with the ju52. I hope the rear gunner will be an unlock  a mod (like the one in the IL2)

Good work on the DX11

Good work on the brand new model spitfire: this choice shows your HUGE dedication!

Good work on all you are doing , sincerely, you guys are the best, simply.

Great news ! ... As usual :)

please stop give us great news like it every week ... We might get used to it :)

S !

Edited by LAL_Trinkof
  • Upvote 1

Oh what an exciting time to be a flight simmer. The Yak in beta next week and DX11 coming right behind it. Just an amazing pace you guys are keeping.

Great update after great update, you guys are killing it. Perfect time to be alive for a flight sim fan!

How can I get into the beta to try the Yak and DX11? I play the game through Steam by the way.

More good news. Many thanks.

Interesting about the COD Spitfire. It always looked a little 'off' to me, not in any way I could put my finger on, but never felt it was quite captured properly.

How can I get into the beta to try the Yak and DX11? I play the game through Steam by the way.

Only approved testers can.

There's a new "Golden age of flight sims" occurring thanks to you guys.

It's the "New Wave Of Russian Flight Sims".

:salute:

• Upvote 1

If OpenVR will be used exclusively and not a native Oculus SDK integration - does that mean HTC Vive is probably a better choice for this sim? Note that you can still use Oculus Rift with OpenVR - but you loose asynchronous timewarp and I believe there is also some more latency added due to the wrapper.

p.s. I am still undecided which headset to get for Christmas :)

Edited by Sim

Fantastic news, you continue to amaze. If DX11 hits before december then my project profitability bonus runs the risk of becoming my VR-bonus.

Unbelievable pace of progress, keep up the fantastic work!  :salute:

There's a new "Golden age of flight sims" occurring thanks to you guys.

It's the "New Wave Of Russian Flight Sims".

:salute:

The golden age!! yes!! :fly:  :fly:  :fly:

That red Junkers skin will do as aerial target. Nice selection.

Don't you dare touch my new shiny red ju52!! :hunter:

• Upvote 1

Hello guys, I have a question. I have 3 years old laptop and i must play on average settings, but game is till running fine for me.
Will be some impact to my laptop on DX11? Or it will be the same? 

Thank you very much  :salute:

Edited by CZEforzamike

Hello guys, I have a question. I have 3 years old laptop and i must play on average settings, but game is till running fine for me.

Will be some impact to my laptop on DX11? Or it will be the same?

Thank you very much :salute:

It should help, but nothing is for sure as it can be very specific to hardware. Generelly I would at least expect a moderate fps increase.

• Upvote 1

Thanks.  I for one really feel plugged in with the dev team and what they are doing.  It's like one big happy (for the most part) family and not us / them.  Great job with the sim and communication!

Hm... Patch was yesterday, today is DD with excellent news... Good job  :)

Cant wait to the Spitfire...

giphy.gif

Edited by I./JG1_Baron
  • Upvote 5

I FEEL PRIDE always having trusted 777 Studios "Jason" and 1C Studios in this Magnificent simulator IL-2 battle of Stalingrad / Moscu / Kuban/ B***a/ M***y/ No****y/ Be***n. and all who come.

at the time I was angry about some performance issues, although very few remember, I always said, I will continue to Jason Williams in all Projects.

since, always remember in 2012 when banks, evicted me from my house, was very committed and considerate of me, and many users of Rise of Flight, tried to help me spend a decent Christmas, Now, four years later, I am pleased to see, things evolve really well

Thx 1CStudios and 777Studios for your Wonderfull Job

• Upvote 2

Good news ahead, the Ju52 skins look gorgeous. Hopefully DX11 will make it enjoyable at high fps !

Nice to see your meeting with the guys from the community. 

Pleasure of flying aside, it's a good thing that you are still comparing sim vs real aircraft response at this point of the project. I appreciate this.

On a side note, did you managed to close the cockpit with Han in it or did you flew i16 style ? He is bigger than he looks on his avatar  :biggrin: