Han

Developer Diary, Part 135 - Discussion

Hello Everybody!

Today I want to tell you about the new features we will add to multiplayer mode in Battle of Kuban. Development of these features is planned for the next year, but we already know what we want to get in the end. 

Full news - here is a full text and visual materials

You're very welcome to subscribe for new videos here

You can ask new questions in this thread

• Upvote 12

Sounds very good. Looks like the Heinkel boys will get there extra bomb-bay. And it looks like the Bf-110 is getting some nice additions as well. Can't wait to return my old E-2 and swap it for a brand new G-2. Anyone knows what the depreciation for an old Bf-110 E-2 is?  :biggrin:

Grt M

Edited by I./ZG1_Martijnvdm

Coop... Hosting ... Marshal mode ...

Dreams coming to reality :)

Cannot say how thankful I am dor these wonderful news !

S!

• Upvote 1

Very interesting developments regarding missions and multiplayer!

In addition, we plan to make the existing Deathmatch mode deeper for Battle of Kuban. Player actions will become more coordinated thanks to a new major feature – the Marshal mode

Does this mean the Marshal mode is limited to deathmatch only? I could imagine it working well, maybe even better in COOP mode.

(By the way Han, I once asked if we could get a command to get the tick delay in the RCon protocol, and you answered this was something you would consider. I thought I would remind you, I imagine it's easy to forget about it. Having it would allow to scale down AI presence in a mission dynamically before the SPS starts getting a hit. As it is today, I have noticed the server starts dropping players and spawning stops working well when the tick delay goes above ~15ms, 5ms before the SPS starts going down)

Will the COOP mode also be available in DServer.exe? I'm asking because using RCon could be useful in COOP mode too, and I'm guessing (maybe incorrectly) that RCon would not be available when starting a COOP mission directly from the client.

Edited by coconut

Glad developpers confirmed the ability to host within the game! Many players/squads will like it!

Cheers,

In the meantime, we continue our work on the project and we’re hoping to give you an important update on game version 2.004 next week.

As in a Dev update about the patch, or is the planned distribution of 2.004 occurring next week?

Great work on the multiplayer updates!

Edited by Tripwire

To be honest, the majority of what Hans has just talked about might as well have been written in Swahili, however the designs of the aircraft did it for me, as they look great.  Joking aside, although I seriously do not know exactly what this CO-OP multiplayer mode, server hosting and Marshall modes will really bring to the game for me personally, being a lemming and seeing the reactions of others over the past few months to where this game sim appears to be going, I for one am pleased that so many players appear to be united in their praise for the new direction of the product and that the Developers appear to be listening to their customers.  It is nice for once to see so many players united and in agreement on something at last. How long this last, is yet to be seen, however, thank you for the update.  However, did I miss read something or did I imagine reading the section where Hans mentioned that the aircraft displayed would be released this year??? 

Regards

Haza 

Edited by Haza

However, did I miss read something or did I imagine reading the section where Hans mentioned that the aircraft displayed would be released this year??? 

Regards

Haza 

Most up to date news of aircraft availability

The first aircraft from Battle of Kuban will be available via our Early Access program in December 2016. 

A bit of a stretch but you could always try a Co-op in RoF to get the principle, whether this would be possible with the Free aircraft from 'starter' game at this time, I am not sure

Cheers Dakpilot

Finally we will be gettin a COOP in this game. This, along with the DX11 and further FM tunning is the best news we could possibly had. Thank you guys!

Do you plan to add COOP for BOS/BOM too? Will it be possible?

Finally we will be gettin a COOP in this game. This, along with the DX11 and further FM tunning is the best news we could possibly had. Thank you guys!

Do you plan to add COOP for BOS/BOM too? Will it be possible?

BoK/BoS/BoM will share game engine

Cheers Dakpilot

Privet Danil,

Great news. Now I'm looking for Xmas holidays like I used to when I was a kid. BoK Early access being the best present for me...besides obligatory pair of socks :D

Taking update 2.004 as Xmas teaser,ofcourse ;)

Will be spending some cash for nice BoS/M gifts for my brother as well.

What is the caliber on that insane cannon underneath the Bf 110? :-o

I think it's the BK3,7.

Grt M

Edit: But that doesn't answer your question. It would be 37 mm  :) .

Edited by I./ZG1_Martijnvdm

Most up to date news of aircraft availability

The first aircraft from Battle of Kuban will be available via our Early Access program in December 2016. 

A bit of a stretch but you could always try a Co-op in RoF to get the principle, whether this would be possible with the Free aircraft from 'starter' game at this time, I am not sure

Cheers Dakpilot

Dak,

I had an issue last year with the ROF codes in the English Channel version of the game that the kids had bought me as a Birthday present, so I never got a chance to fully explore ROF.  Thankfully, I was able to return it to the store and swapped it for BOS, however, with a year to possibly go before the full release of BOK, I might purchase ROF again to experience these things first hand.  Thanks for the suggestion.

Haza 

Best news this week... co-ops :)

This alone will probably draw me back into multiplayer.

Some people seem to think that the new patch is due next week... that's not how I read it.

I believe he meant that it will only be news about the patch... unless of course his english has gone downhill, lol!

Glad to see that MP is getting some love too.

So many news in this update, thanks to the devs and 72AG-DED for their work!

Edited by Jade_Monkey

However, did I miss read something or did I imagine reading the section where Hans mentioned that the aircraft displayed would be released this year??? 

Bf 109 G-4

Best news this week... co-ops :)

This alone will probably draw me back into multiplayer.

Some people seem to think that the new patch is due next week... that's not how I read it.

I believe he meant that it will only be news about the patch... unless of course his english has gone downhill, lol!

You may well be right.

I hope you're wrong and that next week we'll all be downloading again.

Thank you devs!

You may well be right.

I hope you're wrong and that next week we'll all be downloading again.

Thank you devs!

I hope I'm wrong, lol... I'd love to be wrong :)

I haven't played the game since hearing about 2.004.... can't wait for them to implement it 

Nice news for MP!

So, is the 2.004 planned for the next week?

I took it to mean, that there will be an important annoncement about 2.004 next week.

I'm just guessing here, but it could mean, that they have chosen to include one of the upcoming collectors planes in the update rather than make seperate updates for them, which might push back the release date a bit.

Just speculating here.

Co-Op Mode is a dream come true!!

Thanks for all you amazing work!!

:salute:  :salute:  :salute:  :salute:  :salute:

This is so true, our squad have had to drop this since CloD days and muddle through with the Deathmatch. So bring on dead is dead and we can enjoy the Coop experience again

Joking aside, although I seriously do not know exactly what this CO-OP multiplayer mode, server hosting and Marshall modes will really bring to the game for me personally, 

Haza, if you join a long running squad you will find coop means you need to work with your squad mates to achieve a mission objective. It means dead is dead. If you get killed you let your mates down, get killed stupidly like crashing on takeoff :rolleyes: you sit the mission out. Even worse take out a team mate as you crash and you both sit it out. You then listen to the long fuming silence :)  :blink:

• Upvote 1

I took it to mean, that there will be an important annoncement about 2.004 next week.

I'm just guessing here, but it could mean, that they have chosen to include one of the upcoming collectors planes in the update rather than make seperate updates for them, which might push back the release date a bit.

Just speculating here.

Thoughts how i understand it as well. Next will they will announce some important news about the 2.004 version. Not that the update itself is coming next week.

Grt M

Thanks for the update Han and quite interesting questions Coconut; maybe you can point it up again in questions for developers.

That damn cannon on the BF110 is scary.

Just speculating here.

Looking at the announcement again, I think you are right Finkeren. Some important news next week about the 2.004.

I doubt the plane addition though but something has probably happened which is worthy of announcement  :)

Or maybe just a complete change list before release but well see about that next week.