Jade_Monkey

Jade_Monkey's Single Player (SP) missions

Jade Monkey,

I just wanted to thank you for these truly brilliant single missions. I have recently starting playing this version of IL-2 (I've graduated over from IL-2 1946, in all it's modded versions: BAT, HSFX, VPModpack etc) and although the flight model is very different and challenging, I am growing to love this version of the beautiful Game. Your missions have had a lot to do with that. :)

Thanks buddy, for folks like me who don't really wish to venture online, your missions are great, and so immersive. Cheers for all your hard work. As a side note I suffered the blue screen drama in a few of the winter missions, what seemed to fix it for me was to pop into the Mission Editor, open the mission file and change the cloud settings. Save (without changing anything else) and Bingo! no more blue screen.

I know I am a little late to the party, but I just wished to voice my gratitude. 😀

Thank You.

• Like 2

I just updated the link in the original post, you can also downlolad HERE.

I also refurbished the old tank missions to use the Tiger and KV1. They are not very good but not much that can be done with tanks until they work on the AI behavior for obstacle avoidance and pathing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Have had BOS for ages, never really got on with it. Bit the bullet and started to invest a bit of time taking in the marvellous help tutorials produced by community. Still using a fair bit of assistance flying but getting there! Loving it so much have had to get BOM, BOK, BOBP and FC in one big hit! Thank you very much for this set of missions. Brilliant. Enabling me to continue my education in short, sharp bursts!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Nice JM - looking forward to (sometime down the road) VOLII mission pack with all the BP players....:cool:

• Thanks 1

Came back from a trip, found this mission and loaded it.  Both times I tried flak took me out.  I will, however, eventually complete the mission.  Thanks for your efforts.  Please keep up your excellent work.

• Upvote 1

Thank you Jade Monkey, Just one quick one do I put the Audio files in the High-Med-or low folder. 

Edited by CB77Don246

9 hours ago, photog95661 said:

Came back from a trip, found this mission and loaded it.  Both times I tried flak took me out.  I will, however, eventually complete the mission.  Thanks for your efforts.  Please keep up your excellent work.

Yes i also got shot down a few times by AA. I guess they should be some of the first targets to strafe before enemy fighters arrive ;)

4 hours ago, CB77Don246 said:

Thank you Jade Monkey, Just one quick one do I put the Audio files in the High-Med-or low folder. 

No, leave them in the missions folder as is, the way they are packaged in the download.

Found the trick to avoid being hit by AA.  Attack your ground target, then exit the area by flying in the weeds at full throttle.  Works every time!

I flex the P40 evening reco mission : that was great, I would like more of them like this :)

On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 10:19 AM, photog95661 said:

Found the trick to avoid being hit by AA.  Attack your ground target, then exit the area by flying in the weeds at full throttle.  Works every time!

Just like was done in real life.

Just like to join the guys in thanking you for the missions. I've had BoS a couple of years now but only recently started really getting down to it (and a ground pounder since 1985, desperately trying to master the air to air side of things) and these missions look The Bizz, especially in VR. 😎

• Thanks 1

On 11/10/2018 at 2:17 PM, Jade_Monkey said:

Here is a new mission to get a taste of what's coming with Bodenplatte.

Spitfire Mk IXe Ground attack mission "somewhere in western Germany".

Required: BoBP + BOM (uses Moskow map).

Place within the IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\data\Missions\ folder.

28v927l.jpg

Fighter - Spitfire Mk. IX - Knocking on enemy gates.zip

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here are three more that I created a while ago:

1  Ratas over Moskow - i16 fighter mission

23qxw02.jpg

2  P-47 version of "Knocking on enemy gates" posted before with Spitfire mk IX.

w1xq3q.jpg

3  P-47 Pointe du Hoc - Pre-invasion bombing run set in a fictional Normandy beach.

One more:

4  Duck Season - La5 FN in Kuban

Edited by Jade_Monkey
  • Thanks 7

I love your missions

They are a nice opportunity to try aircraft we do not usually play

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Hi, great missions!  I have a issue after 3.010 update. P-47 version  of Knocking on enemy gates, flight leader won´t take off. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hartigan said:

Hi, great missions!  I have a issue after 3.010 update. P-47 version  of Knocking on enemy gates, flight leader won´t take off. 

Hmm, weird. I had an issue where the last 4 would not take off but never issues with the leader.

Was this after Monday's patch?

Yes, mission worked fine before patch. Now if I take off without a leader , rest of the flight will takeoff after couple of minutes. Probably they collide with a leader because there was a chaos and plane wrecks everywhere at the airfield

Edit : I'll have to test later original version how those spits will behave 

Edited by Hartigan

Everything seems to be normal again after 3.010b hotfix! Tested two times P-47 Knocking ...mission and leader AI take off like it should :)