Jason_Williams

Developer Diary, Part 130 - Discussion

Dear Pilots,

Today we announce that next week we will unlock all modifications (weapons, equipment, skins) for all planes if you own either the Standard Edition or Premium Edition of BOS or BOM. The Starter Edition, primarily sold in Russia, will not be changed. Unlocking all modifications is the first step in a new direction (or old direction depending on your point of view) for our beloved IL-2 Sturmovik series.............................

Full news - here is a full text and visual materials
You're very welcome to subscribe for new videos here
You can ask new questions in this thread

• Upvote 6

Thanks for the news Jason.

At the end of the news the traditionnal "You can discuss the news in this thread" is not a link.

Odessa looks great!

That is a sexy Yak :) Odessa is looking great! Can't wait to see what's next!

It may not be the right thing to do but I'd love a thread naming the banned players.

Aside from that, all good stuff.

von Tom

• Upvote 11

Thanks for the news!

New map looks great. And actions against cheating are always welcome.

You have my support, looking forward for more news in future.

I think I buried the lead. No more needing to activate the unlocks. They now come already unlocked. Please help me spread the word.

Jason

• Upvote 16

Ehm like I have everything unlocked now without pressing that red button in my profile?

Unlocks did not bother me but it is definitely right direction to remove them, it has annoyed many people. Good call  :salute:

Ehm like I have everything unlocked now without pressing that red button in my profile?

You will next week after we push it.

Jason

Really great update Jason.

I noticed a flare gun in the Ju-52 gunner compartment pics.  Will the gunner be able to shoot flares?

I think I buried the lead. No more needing to activate the unlocks. They now come already unlocked. Please help me spread the word.

Jason

That's very much appreciated. :good:  On a related note - does it come with any changes in the handling of the pilot level or is that going to stay like it is for now?

• Upvote 1

Ooooh chance of some more ship types to be developed opes the door to early 1944 type aircraft

Jason can you swing the map over and include Sevastopol I have been reading on the air action at the time of the siege could make a good source of missions

Unlocks didn't bother me either. In fact I'd like to keep them as they are now in my account. But no big deal. I'm more interested in preorder of Yak and Ju. I hope it will start soon ;)

• Upvote 1

Odessa sounds nice. I really hope we might see torpedoes soon. Would love to use torpedoes with the He-111 H6. Odessa could be a starting point to test it maybe :)

Also cant wait for the Ju-52.

Btw the Odessa map, is it the next theater of choice and planes or is it just a new map? 

I must say I am liking some of the stuff I am hearing now. May even update my initial install for the first time next week when this gets pushed out.

I like the direction that is starting to happen.

Odessa sounds nice. I really hope we might see torpedoes soon. Would love to use torpedoes with the He-111 H6. Odessa could be a starting point to test it maybe :)

Also cant wait for the Ju-52.

Btw the Odessa map, is it the next theater of choice and planes or is it just a new map? 

Odessa is just a new map.

• Upvote 3

Odessa is just a new map.

Do you already know how Odessa will be published? Free like Velikie Luki or as DLC like Yak-1b and Ju-52?

Its not just a new map. It will be The Map = another masterpiece of Zeus&Company Unlimited  ;)

• Upvote 1

Great news about the unlocks. Now that you are feeling the love how about implementing wonder women no cockpit view Iike the original beloved IL2. Thanks!

Great news. Unlocks didn´t bother me but it is great to see the team is open to concept changes like that.

The new planes are great. And Odessa looks fantastic!

That Odessa map is needing some IAR81`s!  :biggrin:

EDIT: Ban those cheaters for good!

Edited by URUAker
  • Upvote 2

Thanks Team and Jason for all your efforts getting this far. Its great to see you have so much support from the community!

All good news... I would add, that naming and shaming the people who cheat may make them think twice about doing so again...

• Upvote 1

Official dev project, or a community project?

Quasi - official map. Being used as a training project for someone.

Jason

• Upvote 1

Wow !!! Great news !!!  

While torpedos are not availble, I will be really busy dive bombing russian ships  :salute:

A sea map was really a nice move and bring more elements to the game. Make the sea as big as possible to keep convoys out of fighters  range  :ph34r:  It will be great to try to spot them flying bombers on long sea patrols.

Good Job !!

Edited by 6./ZG26_Gielow
  • Upvote 2

Will Odessa include a release of large capita ships that my 110 buddies and I can destroy!?

• Upvote 1

Wow !!! Great news !!!  

While torpedos are not availble, I will be really busy dive bombing russian ships  :salute:

A sea map was really a nice move and bring more elements to the game. Make the sea as big as possible to keep convoys out of fighters  range  :ph34r:  It will be great to try to spot them flying bombers on long sea patrols.

Good Job !!

YES  THIS 110%