Cyph3r

New Pedals - BRD-F3!

* Why the "tick". :)

:lol:  This is slang! Here tick the mechanism -

post-10412-0-14873000-1364410600.jpg

post-10412-0-84607700-1364410600.jpg

post-10412-0-59952600-1364410601.jpg

He will make a sound - klats, klats! This is not pleasing to the hands and not pleasing to the ears :)

• Upvote 1

Here's my Obutto Ozone (without monitor stand now) setup to accommodate the awesome BAUR BRD-F3 Pedal set:

(Note: the BRDs can be pushed flush against the wall, and there's enough room to fully operate the pedals without them hitting the wall. Perfectly designed. Also, ignore the cable mess - I have longer displayport and USB extensions on order to clean it up a bit. ;)

CA4QxRB.jpg

HD7nh8t.jpg

QlHRWgW.jpg

Edited by RainMan

Some words about mechanics parts of Baur devises:  Fullmetall high quality staff from Russia with love :)

I am have use one of BDR pedal by few years. And over six month use full-length stick. Mechanics of both work perfectly. Very smooth motion. One of the best devises for avia-sims.

But iam unhappy, because i have no point to upgrade my devises now :((joke). Only one thing i need - its a steel trotlle made by Baur. And i have a little hope about it. ;)

post-18477-0-91050100-1472483333_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 2

S!

October nears end and soon I will get my pedals. I have been looking for Baur's flight stick as THE thing to have so can mount it on the floor. Now someone make a Bf109 style throttle and I am sold :P I know there is a project going on for the Ju88 throttle/switching panel ;)

Hello all,

I've stumbled upon these pedals when Googling. I am thinking about buying a set. What I gather from this thread is that these pedals are made by -=NT=-Baur.

Is there a website/webshop where all available models, their prices, and shipping costs can be found? I find it confusing having to browse through different replies in an IL2 forum thread to gather the information I want. In short, the exact info I'm looking for is:

- What models are currently available? Are there any optional items available for said models?

- Where can I find the features of said models, such as toe brakes, smoothing, etc.

- Where can I find drawings with the measurements?

- How do these pedals connect to my Windows PC, are they USB Plug & Play? Do they require specific software? How do I go about updating firmware (if needed at all)?

Please don't get me wrong, I love such initiatives but I want some solid product info and assurance before sending someone my money :)

You have to contact Bauer directly with PM here on the forums. There is no website and he only speaks russian,but he uses Google Translator to communicate in english. I had no problems dealing with him and he was very friendly and helpful. Best is to ask what modells and options for pedals he offers. He produces only a few times a year in batches,so you might have to wait until it is ready. All of his controllers are Plug and Play.

Thank you, I will PM Baur with my questions and/or the request to set up an e-mail conversation.

- What models are currently available? Are there any optional items available for said models?

>>> Ask BAUR (PM, email), about availability, price.

- Where can I find the features of said models, such as toe brakes, smoothing, etc.

>>> Previous in this topic I did a resume of existent models, based on information scattered across various forums.  F1, F2 can be have brakes or not.

FYI - Did this tying help people (in both sides), I have no relation with the maker.

About operation (smoothing, etc.) you should rely on previous buyers options, again scattered in various forums.

- Where can I find drawings with the measurements?

>>> Some here: http://forum.il2sturmovik.ru/topic/4543-anons-pedalnyj-restyling-ot-brd/page-2?do=findComment&comment=437523

For more specific ask BAUR in PM/Email.

- How do these pedals connect to my Windows PC, are they USB Plug & Play? Do they require specific software? How do I go about updating firmware (if needed at all)?

>>> PnP using Windows HID drivers, no 3rd party drivers needed. Think is possible upgrade and customize firmware options, confirm with BAUR (PM/Email).

More pictures: http://forum.il2sturmovik.ru/topic/4543-anons-pedalnyj-restyling-ot-brd/

Edited by Sokol1

You have to contact Baur here on the Forums via PM. He uses a translator to comunicate in English,but that wasn't a problem when I ordered something from Baur.

I am a happy chap!

Received my pedals (F3s) 2 days ago by Sir Baur, everything was carefully and neatly packed. The pieces are many but I really enjoyed the construction since you get the feeling for the wonderful and precise work that Sir Baur did.

At the end even if you don't use them just having them there and look at them is satisfying!

The setup for the axis was a breeze, after connecting them on PC in 5 mins everything was working and did my first flight. They have high precision and it's easy to set them up according to you liking.

I never owned pedals before so I need some time to teach my brain but still just after a few twists and turns you realize how much better is to have pedals insrtead of a twist stick. The feeling of the plane and the controllability becomes way better.

Now for the construction, you will need some tools but nothing extreme or rare, a big part of the fun for me was puting evrything together following the instructions.

A big big THANK YOU to sir Baur!

I'm very glad that the assembly of the pedals did not cause you any problems!
You can always contact me with questions. Or for technical support.

Received my pedals last week, but as they are an xmas present from my wife, I have to wait until 24.12. until I can assemble them. The wait is making me feel like I was a 7 year old again :)

• Upvote 1

Got the pedals assembled and attached to the rig:

20171227_152020057_i_OS.jpg

Only a couple of flights in, but the initial reaction is that they feel great :)

• Upvote 1

Got the pedals assembled and attached to the rig:

20171227_152020057_i_OS.jpg

Only a couple of flights in, but the initial reaction is that they feel great :)

Wow, that is a crazy setup.

My X45 is jealous.  Flying rudder with the rocker switch can be interesting but I really think Those Baurs F3's are the bees knees.

Rotaries and switches off the HOTAS style of throttle is impressive but I wonder how they might work when in VR and then again, if I might be able to setup Hand Motion in VR to activate Radiator and Trim Wheels when my kit arrives in a few months.  At the moment the rotaries on my X45 throttle are set to Prop Pitch and Fuel Mixture although the latter would probably be better mapped to Oil Radiator for Ground Pounding or Water for Fighters.

I might get the Su peddles though as they compliment a greater no of aircraft in my mind.

BTW Temuri, any Tulli issues with your purchase?

Edited by blitze

Rotaries and switches off the HOTAS style of throttle is impressive but I wonder how they might work when in VR and then again

BTW Temuri, any Tulli issues with your purchase?

I hardly ever look at the rotaries and switches when using them, so I think they wouldn't give issues in VR.

Tulli stopped my pedals, so had to pay the customs. Can be done online, no problems with that.

Ah those Vero Vultures LOL.

Got to do what one has to.  Hopefully my VR headset will be shipped from within the EU when time comes or Owch €€€

I had the chance to snag an F3 from  an ATAG gentleman. Holly molly! It feels almost as good as sex! Hahaha! No, really. Having been a Saitek user since, it's like day and night. The action is so smooth. It's just phenomenal.

NhGiJU5.jpg?1

Hi guys!

In this topic, you discussed many questions and I understood them ) But not all. And maybe not right )
I just returned from a business trip. And therefore did not answer in private messages. Therefore, I will answer all at once here.
Now I sell pedals only in a set for self-assembly (DIY). After I became the chief designer of the virpil controls, I absolutely do not have time to collect the pedals.

Pedals series F1 (F2) almost ended. I will not start production again.

Pedals series F3 (MS3) can be ordered. But only in the form of a set for self-assembly. Assembly themes in English unfortunately do not. I never did a translation, because 80% of the products are bought in Russia. I have no problems with sales.

What will happen in the future ??? Of course pedals will be produced. When it will be? I can not tell you. I can only smile and recommend that you follow the announcements of the virpil controls.

Baur,

And BRD-DS, BRD-N gimbals kit's (for DIY assembly), still in production or was discontinued too  like F1(F2) pedals?

Baur,

And BRD-DS, BRD-N gimbals kit's (for DIY assembly), still in production or was discontinued too  like F1(F2) pedals?

BRD-DS, BRD-N gimbals kit's (for DIY assembly) still in production. In the future, all the stick Virpil Controls will work with them.

Hi guys!

In this topic, you discussed many questions and I understood them ) But not all. And maybe not right )

I just returned from a business trip. And therefore did not answer in private messages. Therefore, I will answer all at once here.

Now I sell pedals only in a set for self-assembly (DIY). After I became the chief designer of the virpil controls, I absolutely do not have time to collect the pedals.

Pedals series F1 (F2) almost ended. I will not start production again.

Pedals series F3 (MS3) can be ordered. But only in the form of a set for self-assembly. Assembly themes in English unfortunately do not. I never did a translation, because 80% of the products are bought in Russia. I have no problems with sales.

What will happen in the future ??? Of course pedals will be produced. When it will be? I can not tell you. I can only smile and recommend that you follow the announcements of the virpil controls.

I’m a bit confused by this message. Are the BRD-F3/MS3 still available? Or should we wait till Virpil starts offering these?

I’m a bit confused by this message. Are the BRD-F3/MS3 still available? Or should we wait till Virpil starts offering these?

Mca2,

Is available, but not assembled, you need assembly the kit parts using rivet's, nuts and bolts - per instructions in the links, available in Russian only - but "readable" with English GoogleTranslator, as the instructions are well illustrated, no big issue.

I get that F3/MS3 will continue in production in this kit form, but without schedule.

F1/F2 available kit's are the last units of this model, after sold out will not produced more.

VirPil (VPC) eventually will offer pedals, but their priority now is Throttle and Constellation Series grip (for "kosmosim"), so don't expect this 'soon™'.

Edited by Sokol1

I recommend the self assembly kit. But, important, get a good one-handed pop-rivet gun! Don't go for the cheapest model you can find, get a proper one.

Thanks for all the replies! I'm in contact with Baur and hoping to receive a set soon. DIY is no problem for at all. I'll let you know of the results.

Assembly themes in English unfortunately do not. I never did a translation, because 80% of the products are bought in Russia. I have no problems with sales.

I had no trouble using Google Translate to get the assembly instructions into English :)

Hello Baur! I've been looking for a way to contact you and now that I've finally found you I can't PM you! (because of the new account?) Do you have an email that you use for contact? Thanks.

Well, I have sent pm and email to Baur. 

Hope he responds as I can no longer fly using the rudder rocker switch on my X45.  It causes me issues through my shoulder and neck.  Not to mention just general crappiness of rudder control compared to a set of peddles.  I used to have a set of CH Peddles in the day but they were serial port interface and that was back in the time of il2 Forgotten Battles.  Getting new peddles, may as well go with quality.  :)

Assembly for me was fun and part of the excitement !

My little tips for the F3, tight and I mean REALY tight the central axis bolts. Still if you feel a little play after some use (cause you dint tight it as much) you can tight again without disassembling evrything.

A small patent, the return to center mechanism works fine but I wanted a distinct feel for where exactly the center is so I can use a smaller deadzone. I made a small grove at the center of the arms (see photo) and now I can feel the click there. Use a round scraper and don’t go deep, start with 2mm test and repeat until you get the feel you like.

post-13924-0-36061400-1516870973_thumb.jpeg