Photo

BOM & BOS Aircraft Operation Tables

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 -IRRE-Rolluptito

-IRRE-Rolluptito

Posted 18 July 2016 - 21:49

Hello pilots! 

I made an "aircraft operation table" for Battle of Moscow today.

Chuck's work is really helpful up there, for a lot of us, so I made a -kind of- similar table for BOM as he did for BOS. 

I did mostly use informations from the game itself. Do not hesitate to send me a message if you see an error or something to improve.

I hope it will help you.

Rolluptito

:salute:

~

AIRCRAFT OPERATION TABLES:

Edits:

BOM VERSION:

1.0 : base version

1.1 : unit changed from km/h to mp/h for the P-40 E1.

1.2 : torque side added next to each engine model: "(s)" is for startboard // "(p)" for port // "(n)" for neutral //

For defensive guns: "No"= nose // "Tu" = turret // "Be1" & "Be2"= belly // "Le" = left // "Ri"= right // "Si"= side.

+ Multiple corrections applied.

BOS VERSION:

1.0 : base version

THIS IS A PREVIEW IMAGE: (Download PDF bellow)

mini_574408BOMAircraftoperationtablev11.

Attached Files

Edited by rolluptito, 24 July 2016 - 20:21.

"It's perfectly ordinary banter, Squiffy. Bally Jerry ... pranged his kite right in the how's yer father ... hairy blighter, dicky-birdied, feathered back on his Sammy, took a waspy, flipped over on his Betty Harper's and caught his can in the Bertie." Squadron leader.

#2 19.GIAP//curiousGamblerr

19.GIAP//curiousGamblerr

Posted 18 July 2016 - 21:58

Nice work! Thanks for sharing!

Edit: My only note is that it could be helpful to have conversions to mph for P-40 speeds, since the gauge is in mph. Users of that could do it ourselves, but it would be a nice to have. Regardless, great stuff!

Edited by 19.G//curiousGamblerr, 18 July 2016 - 22:00.

#3 -IRRE-Rolluptito

-IRRE-Rolluptito

Posted 18 July 2016 - 22:16

Nice work! Thanks for sharing!

Edit: My only note is that it could be helpful to have conversions to mph for P-40 speeds, since the gauge is in mph. Users of that could do it ourselves, but it would be a nice to have. Regardless, great stuff!

Thank you for you reply!  :)  You're right!

I did change it from km/h to mp/h for the P40 (V1.1 of the file up there).

Edited by rolluptito, 18 July 2016 - 22:19.

"It's perfectly ordinary banter, Squiffy. Bally Jerry ... pranged his kite right in the how's yer father ... hairy blighter, dicky-birdied, feathered back on his Sammy, took a waspy, flipped over on his Betty Harper's and caught his can in the Bertie." Squadron leader.

#4 SYN_Mike77

SYN_Mike77
  • Founder

Posted 18 July 2016 - 22:35

Awesome!  Looks like my printer is about to go into action.

Intel i5 6600K (skylake) @4.0ghz, , 16 GB [8 GB X2] DDR4-2800 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB ASRock fatal1ty z170 mobo Windows 10 home

#5 NN_Elanion

NN_Elanion

Posted 19 July 2016 - 10:34

Merci beaucoup :)

Pensées pour Roland de Poype du GC 3  Normandie Niémen: http://aerostories.free.fr/pil_cha_fr/poype/
" Certains avions partent pour ne jamais revenir. Ils sont comme des rêves à la fois sublimes et maudits qui se laissent engloutir par l' immensité des cieux. "  Le vent se lève, (il faut tenter de vivre !):    Miyazaki - Paul Valéry
https://player.vimeo.com/video/165967165 https://flic.kr/p/H6k4Px

#6 -IRRE-Rolluptito

-IRRE-Rolluptito

Posted 19 July 2016 - 10:58

Merci beaucoup :)

Mais c'est un plaisir.  ;)

#7 ST_ami7b5

ST_ami7b5
  • Founder

Posted 19 July 2016 - 11:05

Thank you!

YcXiP3n.png                         U5AWWhb.jpg

#8 Mungee

Mungee
  • Founder

Posted 21 July 2016 - 11:59

I've been wanting to create a table that reflects flap positions (landing and take-off) - some as degrees, and some as phases.

Another useful indicator is the torque direction (to port or starboard) - just as a reminder before you throttle up on an aircraft that you haven't flown for some time.

#9 -IRRE-Rolluptito

-IRRE-Rolluptito

Posted 21 July 2016 - 13:31

I've been wanting to create a table that reflects flap positions (landing and take-off) - some as degrees, and some as phases.

Another useful indicator is the torque direction (to port or starboard) - just as a reminder before you throttle up on an aircraft that you haven't flown for some time.

Hey Mungee!

I thought about the torque but didn't add it to not have to many information and to be able to print it without having 2 pages, but I can probably find a way to optimize that.

For the torque I can just add (S) or (P) after engines models. 

ex: DB601A(P)

For the flaps, how would you present that? The problem is that something like this will take to much room: 

TAKE OFF: 15°

INITIAL: 20°

FINAL: 45*

Maybe I can just add the flaps info after the speeds. Something like this:

Landing final: 175 (40°)  

I feel there's a lot more to say about flaps though, depending on weather, crosswind or not, position, emergency of the situation, the surface you land on, is it a 3 points or a 2 points landing...

Isn't it more a question of feeling too on that kind of planes?

You can probably make a 3 pages table about that.  :biggrin:

Rolluptito

Edited by rolluptito, 21 July 2016 - 13:38.

#10 [TWB]Pand

[TWB]Pand
  • Founder

Posted 21 July 2016 - 16:43

Awesome! Thanks for taking the time to put this together.

pandemoniumsignature-logo.gif

Colonel Pand, [TWB] The Wet Bandits - http://www.thewetbandits.org

"Cheers Dakpilot" - Dakpilot

#11 19.GIAP//curiousGamblerr

19.GIAP//curiousGamblerr

Posted 21 July 2016 - 19:02

Just printed. Great stuff, thanks again and thanks for taking my suggestion of the P-40 speed units.

This thing is so full of info, as great as Chuck's is I almost want to ask you to make a BoS one too since things have probably changed since he made his original sheet. Really great work!  :salute:

#12 Mungee

Mungee
  • Founder

Posted 22 July 2016 - 05:35

Hey Mungee! I thought about the torque but didn't add it to not have to many information and to be able to print it without having 2 pages, but I can probably find a way to optimize that. For the torque I can just add (S) or (P) after engines models. ex: DB601A(P) For the flaps, how would you present that? The problem is that something like this will take to much room: TAKE OFF: 15° INITIAL: 20° FINAL: 45* Maybe I can just add the flaps info after the speeds. Something like this: Landing final: 175 (40°) I feel there's a lot more to say about flaps though, depending on weather, crosswind or not, position, emergency of the situation, the surface you land on, is it a 3 points or a 2 points landing... Isn't it more a question of feeling too on that kind of planes? You can probably make a 3 pages table about that. Rolluptito

I agree, Rolluptito.

Thanks for what your doing!

#13 -IRRE-Rolluptito

-IRRE-Rolluptito

Posted 22 July 2016 - 09:00

I agree, Rolluptito.

Thanks for what your doing!

You're welcome, thanks for your improvement proposal, I will add torque infos to the table this weekend after some tests.  :happy:

Just printed. Great stuff, thanks again and thanks for taking my suggestion of the P-40 speed units.

This thing is so full of info, as great as Chuck's is I almost want to ask you to make a BoS one too since things have probably changed since he made his original sheet. Really great work!  :salute:

My pleasure! I've been thinking about it, as I want to analyse some stats of BOS planes too. I will probably do that within some days/weeks. ;)  

Edited by rolluptito, 22 July 2016 - 09:00.

#14 TP_Jacko

TP_Jacko
  • Founder

Posted 22 July 2016 - 11:51

Cool thanks

#15 -IRRE-Rolluptito

-IRRE-Rolluptito

Posted 24 July 2016 - 20:11

Hello there! 

New version for BOM aircraft operation table:

- Torque side added next to each engine model: "(s)" is for startboard // "(p)" for port // "(n)" for neutral.

For defensive guns: "No"= nose // "Tu" = turret // "Be1" & "Be2"= belly // "Le" = left // "Ri"= right // "Si"= side.

+ multiple little corrections applied.

I made a table for BOS too, it is also downloadable in the original post. 

See you up there! 

Rolluptito

Edited by rolluptito, 25 July 2016 - 09:32.

#16 Bando

Bando
  • Founder

Posted 25 July 2016 - 04:31

Thanks a bunch. Very useful.

System specs:

Spoiler

#17 supersqwack

supersqwack

Posted 25 July 2016 - 05:10

Awesome work!

Much appreciated!

#18 MuschiBlitz

MuschiBlitz

Posted 27 July 2016 - 03:34

Very nice, one sheet with all important stuff !! -print-

#19 Chuck_Owl

Chuck_Owl
  • Founder

Posted 27 July 2016 - 20:19

Nice job! Couldn't have done it better myself.

#20 19.GIAP//Rekt

19.GIAP//Rekt

Posted 27 July 2016 - 22:53

Beautifully done, thank you!

#21 -LaFrench-bexhausted

-LaFrench-bexhausted
  • Founder

Posted 29 July 2016 - 06:39

Thanks for sharing this awsome job ! i love colors, very easy to read at a glance !

Merci !

#22 KpaxBos

KpaxBos
  • Founder

Posted 08 August 2016 - 15:56

Hi,

Superbe travail. Thanks a lot for this résumé.

Could it be possible to have a more printer friendly version ?

Once again merci beaucoup.

#23 -IRRE-Rolluptito

-IRRE-Rolluptito

Posted 09 August 2016 - 19:58

Hi,

Superbe travail. Thanks a lot for this résumé.

Could it be possible to have a more printer friendly version ?

Once again merci beaucoup.

Merci KpaxBos.  :happy:

What do you mean exactly by "printer friendly"? More white zones, less black? Cartridge friendly? 

#24 KpaxBos

KpaxBos
  • Founder

Posted 10 August 2016 - 14:22

Hello,

For me, at least less black as background. If possible. I am old fashioned; I like to print such interesting documents.

Thanks for caring

Bon amusement.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users